PDA

View Full Version : WTB a Few DSM Odds and Ends

Clinical
10-10-2010, 11:38 PM
Just trying to track down a few odds and ends

looking for new lock cylinder for drivers door, would be nice to have one for passenger door too. I like my ignition/doors being separate anyway.

then im looking for the cupholder tray thing that sits inside the center console.

Looking for a catch can, I'd make my own but it wouldn't look all pretty like I'd want.

Looking for a 2pod a-piller gauge thingamajig

Couple of more actual 'performance' parts I'm looking for, I'm intending to buy this stuff new but if I can get a deal on something used I will.
Looking for any decent external wastegate. Tial preferred
Any decent bov, going with a tial if I buy new
GM Mass Air Sensor
Some type of intake without a recirc tube, or one that has a plug like the FP one

Also trevor if you read this, would you be able to re-do some intercooler piping for a GM MAF?

NitrousMike
10-11-2010, 01:32 AM
I have a catch can in really good condition

skipdownstairs
10-11-2010, 09:04 AM
I have door locks and ignition with keys for a 2g and have a piller gauge pod whats it worth 2 ya

Clinical
10-11-2010, 09:05 AM
Hmm, would that all work for a 1g? I doubt the pillar pod would but maybe the locks & keys?

Sleeping
10-11-2010, 11:18 AM
Still want that cyc head or block? Also have new upper timing cover

Clinical
10-11-2010, 11:32 AM
Still want that cyc head or block? Also have new upper timing cover
I probably won't be needing the block or head now since I ended up with a full running car, and I shouldn't need to worry about the bottom end at all.

I still had my talon's upper timing cover, so I put it on.
Now I just need a 6bolt lower timing cover too.

Got a few other things I need but they are all things I need to buy new, ie Headgasket (currently pushing a bit of coolant), timing hardware. I still have my timing belt too and a water pump so I'm already good on that stuff. then plugs & wires, it breaks up in boost pretty bad. Then going to do some fine tuning for the track friday night.

DustinsDuster
10-11-2010, 06:02 PM
I probably won't be needing the block or head now since I ended up with a full running car, and I shouldn't need to worry about the bottom end at all.

this is a DSM you're talking about, right?

Clinical
10-11-2010, 10:41 PM

this is a DSM you're talking about, right?

Yes, 6 bolt with eagle rods, ross pistons
12k on the longblock, but you never know.
Even then, I'd trust a oem block.
My talon I had more faith in the motor itself than anything else, stock 6 bolt record I believe is somewhere in the 600's, and for the average person 500 is around the limit based on what I know.

Has problems, needs some things..
But other then that it's a solid car. It'll see the track this Friday assuming I can get the main issues out of the way. But I drove it 5 hours home, luckily had enough gas to get home even though the fuel sending unit is bad (unknown to me) and it sticks at half a tank once it gets there.