PDA

View Full Version : MORE FrankenStang

skipdownstairs
10-06-2010, 12:14 PM
I figured I better edit a better vid here you guys go.... watch in HD:)

http://www.youtube.com/user/skipdownstairs?feature=mhum

Scott
10-06-2010, 01:01 PM
sweet video! I wish I could live somewhere like that wish a shop, lucky ass!!

Is that you that crews for Mike Bell or a different Andy Fangman?

skipdownstairs
10-06-2010, 02:21 PM
Thanks!! Yeah love livin out by Dundee in the country its so nice nobody bugs ya I just have to keep the few neighbors I have happy, which they are pretty nice and that isnt a problem...
Yes I do help on Mike Bell's car we raced last weekend at the Byron wheelie contest its a good time and pretty cool and im lucky to be around that stuff I also worked on Richard Putzs Dragster a few years back did the bottom end for him but got tired of being gone all the time... Met alot of cool people and actually paired up with Ashley Force alot before she went to top fuel pretty cool standing on the starting line next to John!! lol

Scott
10-06-2010, 03:00 PM
Nice! Yeah me a couple buddies were up there at Byron, too bad they didnt get all the races in towards the end of the night, probably saw you and didnt even know it

black88gt
10-06-2010, 06:30 PM
i like it. crazy how much room there is in the engine bay i thought there was tons of room w/ a sbf.

drfast4ward
10-06-2010, 06:37 PM
Awesome Video Love your sick and twisted Ideas :) you know what they say great minds :)

Domestic Disturbance
10-06-2010, 06:46 PM
frankenstang vs. frankendart. I want to see it. Loser picks a new name haha

Luminatorz34
10-07-2010, 12:03 AM
this lil guy is a rocket....well done sir

gsxtacy
10-07-2010, 10:49 AM
What brand of radiator are you running?

Jared

skipdownstairs
10-08-2010, 07:16 AM
What brand of radiator are you running?

Jared

Its a ebay cheapie for a honda civic $100.00 works great

drfast4ward
10-29-2010, 08:14 PM
you ready for the track yet Andy?? going to cordova this saturday and next would love to meet up...

skipdownstairs
11-01-2010, 08:21 AM
Im really thinking about it depends if I get the nitrous working this week we had it out this weekend up and down the roads working out little bugs and stuff. What are they going to be like on safety items like having a bulkhead for the rear hatch since I have a fuel cell? My belts are up to date and ill get the drive shaft loop on

Clinical
11-01-2010, 08:42 AM
I love this thing! I love all these frankenstein 4g63 swaps going on alltogether!

skipdownstairs
11-01-2010, 11:47 AM
I called them up they said they said bring it down and blow it it up:)

drfast4ward
11-02-2010, 07:01 PM
I called them up they said they said bring it down and blow it it up:)

so does this mean your coming saturday:) that would be awesome. I think people will be like what the heck :) sounds like a great time.

skipdownstairs
11-03-2010, 12:15 PM
Yeah its a go we will be down with it I will be posting up a definite on Friday for sure everything is ready except the nitrous which I am waiting on the lines in the mail and will have on by then for sure. Should be a good time!!!

Drifte
11-03-2010, 12:40 PM
Frankenstang vs Frankendart
11/6/10

Deimos
11-03-2010, 03:26 PM
I'm excited

AutoMods
11-03-2010, 05:31 PM
well you shouldn't underestimate andy but I'll put $5 on trent with the dart as it has already been to the track 3 times to get bugs worked out.

drfast4ward
11-03-2010, 07:07 PM
well I dont know about all the bugs lol, just when you think you have the best of everything, a damn freeze plug pops out for no reason at all.. I am hoping we all have a good time..

what nitrous lines you need I prolly have everything that you would need...

Clinical
11-03-2010, 09:55 PM
I saw the frankenstang on Monday and man does it look beast!
Can't WAIT to hear what it runs, I work :(

StreetSweeper
11-03-2010, 10:49 PM
Sweet are you going to paint it and button up the interior this winter? You can deff tell the backroung guys havent been around a whole lot of HP!

skipdownstairs
11-04-2010, 11:34 AM
Yeah going to paint it this winter George lookin at going with a real pretty blue kinda like Yamaha blue.

skipdownstairs
11-04-2010, 11:41 AM
We got the nitrous working last night she spools right up now!!!! I want to use the nitrous activation on ECMlink V3, but once again eliminated some wires and cant seem to find the Fuel pressure solenoid wires.... Heres what my question was today on Ecmlink and nobody has responded yet...

Nitrous Activation
Im currently running v3 and spraying a 75 shot to spool on the transbrake.

My question is I've done a lot of changing to the wiring harness and can't find the wires for the fuel pressure solenoid so can I come out of pin 3 of the ecu which is (fuel press solenoid) to the Bosch relay for my nitrous? Not sure the voltage out of the ecu for pin 3 or if I can do this? Thanks for your help...

Scott
11-04-2010, 01:57 PM
Wow I spent alot of time figuring out how to wire nitrous kits and thought mine was complicated, but sorry I dont even know what a fuel pressure solenoid is!! I know you want a good clean signal going to activate your nitrous timing retard "if you have a aftermarket ign box" Im not sure if a signal coming from the ecu would be strong or solid enough but Im not 100% something to keep in mind I guess.

Why not just turn the nitrous on and off using only digi-set timer relays that will start timing upon release of trans-brake? Or get a progressive controller, they usually have built in timers and 2 stage controls for 150 bucks or something

69gt4speed
11-04-2010, 11:27 PM
Scott it appears he is going to use a bosch relay to activate the fuel and nitrous solenoid via ecu pin 3. I don't know if that is like a rpm window or what have u.. what I'd guess. Yea one time I proposed a rpm window sw and a boost pressure switch rpm brings it on then when boost gets to xx# nitrous is cut off. Or have a progressive window sorta ramped backwards it tapers off to 0 at rpm boost comes on. I like idea 1 for safety.

Scott
11-05-2010, 09:00 AM
Yeah I get what he's saying, I just wasnt sure what device he's using to pull timing. I know if the signal coming from the ecu isnt strong or steady it could cause issues with a progressive box/ignition box. Im sure all his timing controls and nitrous activation is controlled by some fancy ecu so its a non-issue. Just wanted to throw the idea out there.

And after reading again it looks like your spooling with nitrous on the trans-brake so my idea wouldnt work well anyway.. Have you thought of installing a wastegate on your intake charge tube that will open only while your on the brake? I've heard it helps spooling tremendously by allowing the turbo to spin freely, then when you release the brake the wastegate slams shut, intake pressure peaks crazy and you do some huge wheelies!!

skipdownstairs
11-05-2010, 01:58 PM
I figured it out the ecu wire is a ground...just had to move some wires around on my relay, I found the nitrous page on the ecmlink wiki the nitrous now works and were ready to go!!! It is a FOR SURE DEAL that I will be there unless I unexpectedly die between now and tomorrow morning will see everyone there:) Are you coming Trent?

drfast4ward
11-05-2010, 06:44 PM
I figured it out the ecu wire is a ground...just had to move some wires around on my relay, I found the nitrous page on the ecmlink wiki the nitrous now works and were ready to go!!! It is a FOR SURE DEAL that I will be there unless I unexpectedly die between now and tomorrow morning will see everyone there:) Are you coming Trent?

Absolutely will be there 100% taking two cars. going to the track and not racing isnt that much fun :) see you there what time you going to be there?

skipdownstairs
11-05-2010, 08:37 PM
Great!! Looking at leaving at 8:30 should be there around 11:00 what time do the gates open

drfast4ward
11-05-2010, 10:27 PM
Great!! Looking at leaving at 8:30 should be there around 11:00 what time do the gates open

9 til 5 for this rental

69gt4speed
11-06-2010, 12:45 AM
Sh-t somebody better vid this I'm working..... go frankenstang.

Deimos
11-06-2010, 05:44 AM
GO FRANKENSTANG. Hope those coilovers help ya dominate!