View Full Version : FASTEST STREET CAR IN AMERICA!

OldSkoolRCR
09-19-2010, 05:38 PM
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/multimedi ... 010-a.html (http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/multimedia-exchange/1331919-fastest-street-car-america-drag-week-2010-a.html)

sparkles
09-19-2010, 07:45 PM
Let the argument of what a street car is commence in 5...4...3...2...1....

Deimos
09-19-2010, 07:56 PM
I have seen a 10.5 car go 6.95 it was a mustang

DustinsDuster
09-19-2010, 07:56 PM
hell yes!

AutoMods
09-20-2010, 12:28 AM
wtf, its fast and consistent but it doesn't sound like a ysi ??

black88gt
09-20-2010, 01:20 AM

clearly this car is a fluke. video editing does wonders.

Jappbox
09-20-2010, 06:27 AM
lol, sounds turbo.. I like it!

Scott
09-20-2010, 07:25 AM
That thing is bad ass!! Theres also a big ole 57 chevy owned by Jeff Lutz that raced on drag week, believe it weighed 3600 pounds and ran a couple of 7.0x passes at over 200mph but broke something the last day trying to get a 6 second pass in. Sucks I missed it again this year, drag week is a awesome event.

TbTalon94
09-20-2010, 08:18 AM
I was going to say...that's the fastest street car and it's TURBO, seams he knows what's up.

Listen and learn Ed!!

K-ville
09-20-2010, 12:31 PM
Ysi cars are alot simpler... i am not smart enough to make a turbo car work everytime ill admit it and all the shops around just know how to talk about how easy they are. Mean while my car wouldnt work! I like to be able to rely on myself..... i do like turbos though and nos hell id like to have it all

StreetSweeper
09-20-2010, 12:54 PM
BS on that, it's a known fact that the StreetSweeper has allways been the fastest street car on earth! :neener:

AutoMods
09-20-2010, 02:09 PM
i don't know george, we might have to change your name to dragStripSweeper now if your car can't handle the street next year

StreetSweeper
09-20-2010, 03:39 PM
i don't know george, we might have to change your name to dragStripSweeper now if your car can't handle the street next year

ahhh dats ok, street racing went out of style in the 80s! Now its just a group of wannabees and a select few that actually would have been players but the rest are slow so for the select few that would have been we have to go where the compatition is, The track!

AutoMods
09-20-2010, 05:07 PM
ahhh dats ok, street racing went out of style in the 80s! Now its just a group of wannabees and a select few that actually would have been players but the rest are slow so for the select few that would have been we have to go where the compatition is, The track!

But there's nothing like hopping in your street car for a nice spirited sunday drive on that perfect day. For me its kind of like what what you hear Harley riders talk about all the time, just takes the stress out, clears your mind, just man and machine enjoying nature like god intended.

Domestic Disturbance
09-20-2010, 05:19 PM

But there's nothing like hopping in your street car for a nice spirited sunday drive on that perfect day. For me its kind of like what what you hear Harley riders talk about all the time, just takes the stress out, clears your mind, just man and machine enjoying nature like god intended.

Yup. I usually enjoy a 'spirited' drive as much as a day at the track. hwy1 down to coralville dam is my favorite :supz:

allgo
09-20-2010, 05:28 PM

First off none of us ysi guys ever said ysi is the bomb diggitty, we just think that ysi or procharger is the best bet for george, I know turbos are fast as hell but so are blowers as a matter of fact last years winner was a blower car..

This car is the absolute baddest car around no doubt..

OldSkoolRCR
09-20-2010, 05:35 PM

Every now and then I hop in my truck on the weekends and go up the AVE, what a dissapointment! Honestly who the hell is streetracing around here? Honda,Toyotas,Volvos. Please!!! Ryan this is Hickabilly Iowa, theres not big players on the streets here anymore.

allgo
09-20-2010, 05:47 PM
The younger kids dont understand what it used to be like eddyyy, streets packed with fast cars..now its junk imports running 13s and 14s thinking they have all the knowledge..lol

Jappbox
09-20-2010, 06:25 PM

Every now and then I hop in my truck on the weekends and go up the AVE, what a dissapointment! Honestly who the hell is streetracing around here? Honda,Toyotas,Volvos. Please!!! Ryan this is Hickabilly Iowa, theres not big players on the streets here anymore.

hey just cause i have a toyota and a volvo! LOL should have just said hondas, all the evos, supras and volvos are fast :)

OldSkoolRCR
09-20-2010, 07:33 PM
The younger kids dont understand what it used to be like eddyyy, streets packed with fast cars..now its junk imports running 13s and 14s thinking they have all the knowledge..lol

AMEN to that!!!
I remember the weekend nights nobody would be out till after midnight, Then BAM 30/40 BAD AZZ cars would appear, Not 2 Bad azz cars and 35 imports like now, I dont even remember any imports back then, shit I remeber being out street racing and the sun was comming up. cars lined up like a staging lane........................OHHHHHH the GOOD OLD DAYS!!!! Truely miss it.

Batwood
09-20-2010, 08:08 PM
Nobody comes out on the ave because everybody thinks that nobody is out on the ave... vicious cycle!

Deimos
09-20-2010, 09:11 PM
I miss B Bops just sayin

Scott
09-21-2010, 07:24 AM
B-bops was the shit back then, you could run into everyone down there!!

Scott
09-21-2010, 07:26 AM
There was Denny Terzich's "sp" camaro that was going to run dragweek again this year but he sent a rod through the block 1 or 2 days before dragweek during testing, it is a blower car and was fully expected to run 6 second 1/4 mile times as well..

FiFdYnUtZ
09-21-2010, 11:44 AM
lol BACK IN THE DAY..haha, no one comes out because everyone has that attitude that its going to be gay, there are enough decent cars around to make some killer street racing but everyone thinks like that...

Domestic Disturbance
09-21-2010, 01:11 PM
I still go out. I know its nothing like what it was, but still manage to find some fun (without being party of the wreckless trash). Batwood knows what I'm talking about haha

black88gt
09-21-2010, 02:29 PM
I still go out. I know its nothing like what it was, but still manage to find some fun (without being party of the wreckless trash). Batwood knows what I'm talking about haha

party? where?

Ricky
09-21-2010, 02:31 PM
i too know how you party..... that party bus this weekend was a blast!

too bad Dan through up in the cooler :(

OldSkoolRCR
09-21-2010, 03:20 PM
lol BACK IN THE DAY..haha, no one comes out because everyone has that attitude that its going to be gay, there are enough decent cars around to make some killer street racing but everyone thinks like that...

Well drag your azz down here and get you hair cut!

Domestic Disturbance
09-21-2010, 04:35 PM
i too know how you party..... that party bus this weekend was a blast!

too bad Dan through up in the cooler :(
Haha i wonder if he's cleaned that cooler out yet

69gt4speed
09-22-2010, 12:26 AM
Yea even you, what was it 50 or 150 vs a car u had at home? G/d bitchers ruined it. Big azz parking lot, food and drinks. It was pretty good. Those lil whiny azz bit-hes from workout place did the deed I heard. Anyway where I met Scotty. :supz:

Deimos
09-22-2010, 03:56 AM
Those were good hamburgers. Go chit chat with people and see what everybody was working on over the summer. I occasionally see people every now and then who use to frequent it.

Scott
09-22-2010, 07:22 AM
Yea even you, what was it 50 or 150 vs a car u had at home? G/d bitchers ruined it. Big azz parking lot, food and drinks. It was pretty good. Those lil whiny azz bit-hes from workout place did the deed I heard. Anyway where I met Scotty. :supz:

LOL yeah I cant remember anymore.. I was a little punk back then trying to street race anyone I could! Some of those dam gym members piss me off too, I think there the same members of the starbucks my shit dont stink group

Drifte
09-22-2010, 08:05 AM
Those were good hamburgers. Go chit chat with people and see what everybody was working on over the summer. I occasionally see people every now and then who use to frequent it.

Good hamburgers is an understatement. Nothing comes close to the B-bops days. Thankfully at a young and dumb age I knew enough to take advantage of that event and went constantly.

Rollin on Dubs
09-22-2010, 09:10 PM

LOL yeah I cant remember anymore.. I was a little punk back then trying to street race anyone I could! Some of those dam gym members piss me off too, I think there the same members of the starbucks my shit dont stink group
AZNPRYD for five gran! That mustang must have NaWwwws!

Deimos
09-22-2010, 09:20 PM
Oh crap I remember that guy always with the excuses

Scott
09-23-2010, 07:10 AM

AZNPRYD for five gran! That mustang must have NaWwwws!

LOL that was definetly a un-forgetable night!! naws naws naws hahaa big turbo supra guy was scared of a little NA mustang that night, then the mass burnout show and the cops showed up

69gt4speed
09-24-2010, 01:03 AM
I def enjoyed that bebops show, laid out sweet and all kinds of cars. Some real oddball cars like the aquacar and batmobile. At least we can agree on that... May not be like 69/70 but it was fine, then the bit-hes and cops ruined it.