PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 people...

sLoWnStEaDy
09-18-2010, 07:48 AM
I am using Windows XP and I love it but mainly because I have been using it since it came out and I know everything about it. However, my school has a thing where you can upgrade to Windows 7 for like $50 and I was thinking about doing it but I wanted to see what 7 users had to say.

Yes, I know there are a ton of reviews online and shit but I was hoping for some input from people I know actually use it. I just feel like a lot of online reviews are too "perfect", seem like they are written by Microsoft employees or something.

biohazard
09-18-2010, 02:51 PM
I love it, I have it installed on all of my computers. If you have programs that seriously won't run in Windows 7, you can download a Virtual PC image direct from Microsoft of Windows XP (Windows XP Mode (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx)), as long as you don't have anything below Windows 7 Professional. So pretty much Windows 7 Professional and Ultimate, that's all I would run anyway.

It's fairly stable, and other than my netbook, all my installations have been 64-bit.

Deimos
09-18-2010, 05:51 PM
Mine works awesome great photo editting software too

n8kerns
09-19-2010, 10:41 PM
Took me forever to get use to it coming from XP but it was definitely worth the switch. Do it! =D

Domestic Disturbance
09-20-2010, 03:26 PM
I wonder if Kwood does a deal, I'd love to upgrade to W7. Tired of dx9, but I do love xp.

sLoWnStEaDy
09-20-2010, 03:29 PM
I wonder if Kwood does a deal, I'd love to upgrade to W7. Tired of dx9, but I do love xp.

I will double check but I don't think my school has a limit as to how many computers you can upgrade or whatever. I know I got the newest microsoft office suite for like $60 (was like $199.99 at Best Buy) and we put it on 3 computers. I just had to buy it three times... I think it is the same for this.

SaNdMaNsSi
09-21-2010, 01:02 PM

I will double check but I don't think my school has a limit as to how many computers you can upgrade or whatever. I know I got the newest microsoft office suite for like $60 (was like $199.99 at Best Buy) and we put it on 3 computers. I just had to buy it three times... I think it is the same for this.

I have an Alienware Desktop and laptop I'd like to upgrade to Windows 7...I might be interested in buying a copy if you can get more than 1. I like my XP, but you can't play some new games on anything less than Vista.

Domestic Disturbance
09-21-2010, 01:14 PM
Ya thats my biggest concern. Battlefield 3 wont have dx9 support. Gonna need a card that supports dx11 if I get w7. Then I wont ever have to leave the house.

Where do you go to get the deal for kwood, I just need it for one computer?

sLoWnStEaDy
09-21-2010, 01:27 PM

I am not sure if Kwood has a deal like this going on at all...

I am going to call my person tomorrow and see what she says about a limit or anything...

SaNdMaNsSi
09-21-2010, 01:30 PM

I am going to call my person tomorrow and see what she says about a limit or anything...

Tell her for 50 bucks I'll suck her dick.

Or tell her that's she's fat, she'll be flattered.

sLoWnStEaDy
09-21-2010, 01:52 PM

Or tell her that's she's fat, she'll be flattered.

gonna suck the beaner dick huh? Shame on you

Domestic Disturbance
09-21-2010, 04:34 PM
what she says about a limit or anything...

[/quote]
What kind of girlfriend do you have?

SaNdMaNsSi
09-21-2010, 06:03 PM
what she says about a limit or anything...

What kind of girlfriend do you have?[/quote]

I thought you were my girlfriend.....

And you told me you loved me....

Domestic Disturbance
09-22-2010, 12:05 AM

You will speak only when spoken to whore!

SaNdMaNsSi
09-22-2010, 12:23 AM

You will speak only when spoken to whore!

Don't make me get the gimp out of it's box this late at night.