PDA

View Full Version : WTS: Sperm

Clinical
09-15-2010, 04:01 PM
Selling sperm, $50 a vial

DustinsDuster
09-15-2010, 06:59 PM
i'll probably take those lifters as long as they'll work in my head. how come you're not gonna use them?

Clinical
09-15-2010, 07:04 PM
Sold the talon

and yeah to my knowledge they'll work whether it's a 6bolt or 7bolt head

AutoMods
09-15-2010, 07:55 PM
what are you getting next?

Deimos
09-15-2010, 07:57 PM
what kind of water pump?

sparkles
09-15-2010, 08:52 PM
Sold the talon

and yeah to my knowledge they'll work whether it's a 6bolt or 7bolt head

WHA!!!!

Clinical
09-15-2010, 09:41 PM
I really don't know what I'll get next.

I'm thinking a few different paths.

Either LS1 / Civic / DSM

The talon was just not solid enough to continue making it into the drag-car I wanted.
No I wasn't going for full on drag car but there was a lot of stuff going on with that car that simply wasn't worth fixing. The entire pedal assembly was going bad, the rear end was beginning to make noise, then topped with all the other issues I needed to tackle ie: transmission / diff was on its way out / head needed re-done bad / lots of little issues that I have never been able to track down. Basically the entire suspension needed re-done.

Is it stuff I could of done? Yeah, outside of the pedal assembly, I could of tackled most all of it but honestly I would have no money left over to do anything else with the car. I still owed $1500 on it and wanted to do a bunch of stuff to it.

In the end, weighing my options - I decided to list it and decided if it sold, then it sold. If it didnt, oh well I'd start fixing and building as best I could with my budget.

I had a kid come from north of chicago 4 hours down and pick it up, so shes gone.
$4800 and I kept ALL of my parts except for the power steering stuff

The only thing I really regret is how clean it was. I doubt I'll ever find such an awesome color combo / sexy interior as that car.

Water pump is just a brand new OEM water pump for a 6 bolt from DSMGraveyard

Ricky
09-16-2010, 07:48 AM
:(

Drifte
09-16-2010, 08:26 AM
shoulda told me. Ive seen a lot of dsm's in this world. And as far as a good starting platform, few are better than that one.

Clinical
09-16-2010, 09:25 AM
It's been listed for a long time, I just always figured if I got that much out of it before I began taking it apart, so be it.

I figured this close to the cold season, it definitely wouldn't sell so I've still been dumping money into it getting everything ready - fixing things left and right. Surprised I had that guy get ahold of me and a few days later come down and drive it back up.

slo4cyl
09-16-2010, 02:58 PM
The talon was just not solid enough to continue making it into the drag-car I wanted.

there was a lot of stuff going on with that car that simply wasn't worth fixing. The entire pedal assembly was going bad, the rear end was beginning to make noise, then topped with all the other issues I needed to tackle ie: transmission / diff was on its way out / head needed re-done bad / lots of little issues that I have never been able to track down. Basically the entire suspension needed re-done.

Call me crazy but there are lots of things in the list you named that you would need to change to make it into a drag car anyway. Built cylinder head, suspension, rear end, transmission. Do you know it was the rear diff making noise? It could have been just a carrier bearing, possibly even less. And why do you think the pedal cluster was going out? I remember freezing my ass off helping get that cluster out and then it got fixed. I would disagree on this being a good decision if you are possibly gonna get another dsm. That was a nice car with a good start. Just my 2 cents

Clinical
09-16-2010, 03:24 PM

there was a lot of stuff going on with that car that simply wasn't worth fixing. The entire pedal assembly was going bad, the rear end was beginning to make noise, then topped with all the other issues I needed to tackle ie: transmission / diff was on its way out / head needed re-done bad / lots of little issues that I have never been able to track down. Basically the entire suspension needed re-done.

Call me crazy but there are lots of things in the list you named that you would need to change to make it into a drag car anyway. Built cylinder head, suspension, rear end, transmission. Do you know it was the rear diff making noise? It could have been just a carrier bearing, possibly even less. And why do you think the pedal cluster was going out? I remember freezing my ass off helping get that cluster out and then it got fixed. I would disagree on this being a good decision if you are possibly gonna get another dsm. That was a nice car with a good start. Just my 2 cents

I wasn't wanting to make it into a full drag car, just start heading towards a drag car yet reliable daily driver. However my money was going to be very tight this winter if I wanted to pay everything off. I've had nothing but bad luck with the car it seems.. My friend beat the shit out of his talon 100x worse than I ever did mine and never had near the amount of issues I had.

People can give me shit for not sticking through them, but it wore me out mentally fixing it, and breaking something else the next day which happened literally multiple times, and most of the stuff that broke on the car wasn't from beating on it.

The sounds went hand in hand with what I read on forums to being a rear-diff going bad. Clutch pedal had a lot of play, the adjustment rod was quite messed up, wouldn't adjust the clutch half the time and kept getting stuck and locking me out of all the gears so I'd have to get under and bang it loose again. As vfaq says to tell if the assembly is bad, I could lift the clutch pedal up with my foot a lot

Hell I had to skip a class to fix another issue 4 hours before I sold it, the night before I was driving and lost my signals and dash lights - I don't know what did it but once again something sliced through my rubber hose that contains all the wiring to the fusebox that's located in the front bumper as the wiring all hangs lower than any other part of the car except perhaps the muffler.

I tryed to find the issues before they occurred, but everything always seemed pretty good. The car looked great, theres no doubt - but mechanically I swear it was cursed.

I've seen so many people beat the hell out of these cars and get treated 50x better than I did. My friend's made 380whp and got ragged the hell out, was built in 1999, previous owner drove against a barn to do awd burnouts, 5th gear pulls, and only ever had to replace a shift fork in a tranny apart from minor typical maintenance.

You said it yourself, you had no idea what to say to any of what was going on in my thread with all my problems. That's the same thing I heard from other people, I've had so many people I know always exclaim at how they can't believe the way my car's always breaking considering how much of a pussy I usually am about beating on it. The only beatings it ever got aside from the track was a few highway 2nd / 3rd gear pulls. I hardly EVER launched it if I could avoid it.

Whatever, what's done is done.
I still will miss it, I learned a ton with it and had fun with it despite all the downs.
I got $4800 out of it and got to keep all my parts, I can't complain.

sparkles
09-16-2010, 04:30 PM
I got $4800 out of it and got to keep all my parts, I can't complain.
And some car experience and knowledge. That counts for something. I think you made a good choice. It suck having to work on something all the time, especially when it's not even being driven very much or very hard.

oVa-Boost
09-16-2010, 04:38 PM
Dang it was a clean talon but then again i don't think you where the only one that had issues with it all cars break no matter what and will always be getting worked on there made to break and fix thats what gives shops and brand name of parts business, so it just isnt dsm's. BTW your buddie Honda seems pretty damn reliable for having home made turbo kit and alot of people know dsm's arent reliable when you start messing with them so i dont think you should put a dsm as your option of buying if you want something reliable

Clinical
09-16-2010, 04:51 PM
Yeah, an LS1 / Honda / DSM are the only cars I'm even considering.

If it weren't for my friend's civics I wouldn't even consider a honda, but they have now both ran 11's, the black one literally being a budget build to the max, I think he spent 2k or less on it, although he couldn't of done it without the red one's slicks.

A WRX would be nice too, but that's hard to come by for my budget.
I am considering sitting on my money for awhile and letting it build up now that I don't have a DSM to be making ritual payments to keep it on the road. Let alone my car payment + insurance for it.

sparkles
09-16-2010, 06:52 PM
Dude, if you have the time and patience, you can find stuff pretty cheap and save money by building something yourself. Find something that's gonna hold your attention for a while and not be:
1)Too difficult to work on
2)Expensive to go fast with
3)Rusted all to hell
4)Something you're not capable of
A Mustang or Fbody IMO would be a great choice. You've already had experience with third gens. A SBC is probably the cheapest things possible, as well as one of the easiest engines to build up. Not to mention there are people getting rid of/upgrading their parts all the time so it's cheap and easy to find what you are looking for if you look long enough. This is exactly what I did this time around on my build. PM me if you want the details
Another good choice like I said, would be a Mustang. Seems like EVERYONE has one or has had one and also has a ton of parts laying around for them. They're light, fun to drive, easy to work on, and easy to make go fast. Plus you get the added benefit of pissing off your neighbors when you come home at 3am with your Spin Techs churning out the beatiful symphony of your F303 cam.
I know all of your friends are into imports, and that that probably plays a big role in what you're wanting, but I can promise you a turbo'd Honda isn't going to be as reliable as you are going to want it. Turbo'd FWD cars are fun as hell to drive on the street, but it's hard to get decent ETs out of. Can't beat the weight transfer of a RWD leaving on wrinkle walls. A bone stock TPI or 5.0 with a cheap nitrous kit and some ET drags will always leave the line harder than any AWD or FWD car...always. You've got plenty of resources on here to help you out and I'm guessing a lot of people would love to sell you their leftover parts too.

Deimos
09-16-2010, 07:00 PM
Sparkles let him go Honda

Clinical
09-16-2010, 07:01 PM
I'd be much more into a FWD car if my talon didn't spoil me so much with awd

Deimos
09-16-2010, 07:04 PM
Colton made that a nice car

AutoMods
09-16-2010, 07:44 PM
most honda motors are too small, no torque. subaru's make nice daily drivers. get a 2.5 though, little extra displacement spools turbos better. ls1 is great, just those fbody camaros are so common and they feel big to drive total opposite of imports not to mention your honda buddies may disown you if you own an fbody

Deimos
09-16-2010, 07:50 PM
just go honda

Clinical
09-16-2010, 08:38 PM
lol we'll see

They dont mind the f-bodies, + i have a bunch of f-body friends.

Main thing that makes me like f-bodies was how much I drove and beat my firebird and it never ONCE had a problem.

I literally never had to fix a thing on that car except when a brake line burst in my garage, no big deal.

but like I said I'm starting to consider just sitting on my money over winter and getting something like a WRX

sparkles
09-16-2010, 08:59 PM
That is one good thing about a V8. They are built to be abused. You don't see too many B16s in pickups towing boats ya know. That kinda says something. Good foundation.

Deimos
09-16-2010, 09:03 PM
or b16's under 6 feet of water and you pull out the plugs and crank it over change the oil and put ned plugs and bammo runs

sparkles
09-16-2010, 09:05 PM
Lol, yeah, or that.

Deimos
09-16-2010, 09:07 PM
a flooded corvette its still runs 2 years later

Drifte
09-17-2010, 08:11 AM
Colton made that a nice car
Thanks Jakey :supz:

Ricky
09-17-2010, 08:32 AM
but like I said I'm starting to consider just sitting on my money over winter and getting something like a WRX

Look at insurance rates before you buy..... Im 24 now and i pay $850 every 6 months, thats with my house, bike, and truck all tied together.

Called allstate for a quote on my car to see if i was getting robbed or not and they wanted to charge 1300 every 6.

With that said i have driven mine 50,000 miles and never had a problem but i dont have much into the motor. still close to stock.

AutoMods
09-17-2010, 09:34 AM
eric, who you going through for insurance. allstate was the cheapest for me backed when i checked several years ago

Ricky
09-17-2010, 11:49 AM
State farm. I dont have any crashes on my record and i havent had a ticket in 2 1/2 years.

I would love to find a new company if its cheeper

Drifte
09-17-2010, 11:56 AM
^ call Bret Throlsen at Am Fam. Gets me the best rates by FAR. Tell em I sent you and he owes me beer for it.

Office: (319) 365-6499
Fax: (319) 365-3786
Home: (319) 378-1824

Clinical
09-17-2010, 12:03 PM
My insurance was pretty decent through state farm.

My mustang was $720 every 6 months for full coverage.
The firebird for liability ran me $240 every 6 months.

My talon and civic together cost me a little over $320/6 months.

The subaru really surprised me though, sucker alone was $340/6 months

Makes me worry about a WRX
That's one nice thing about hondas/DSM's - can be a ton cheaper, as fast or faster, cheaper to register, cheaper to insure than WRX's/Evo's/muscle cars

Ricky
09-17-2010, 12:11 PM
registration is $250

Colton, Im calling him today if i have time!

Drifte
09-17-2010, 01:08 PM
My insurance was pretty decent through state farm.

My mustang was $720 every 6 months for full coverage.
The firebird for liability ran me $240 every 6 months.

My talon and civic together cost me a little over $320/6 months.

The subaru really surprised me though, sucker alone was $340/6 months

Makes me worry about a WRX
That's one nice thing about hondas/DSM's - can be a ton cheaper, as fast or faster, cheaper to register, cheaper to insure than WRX's/Evo's/muscle cars

And a WRX in disguise is about the same as a old dsm. ;)

Deimos
09-17-2010, 05:30 PM
Ricky in another year your rates get cut in half

sparkles
09-17-2010, 08:18 PM
Yup, one of the few things about getting older.

DustinsDuster
10-05-2010, 10:24 PM
i forgot all about this- got paypal or something? PM me with some payment info.

Clinical
10-05-2010, 10:27 PM
most honda motors are too small, no torque. subaru's make nice daily drivers. get a 2.5 though, little extra displacement spools turbos better. ls1 is great, just those fbody camaros are so common and they feel big to drive total opposite of imports not to mention your honda buddies may disown you if you own an fbody

The lifters actually are sold, and I'm keeping the cams/springs/retainers until I figure out what exactly I'm doing.

I just never updated this thread because no one ever followed up on anything lol.

DustinsDuster
10-10-2010, 05:52 PM
no worries.

Clinical
10-10-2010, 10:17 PM
Actually am still selling the BC 272 cams, BC springs & BC retainers if you're interested in those.

Also have some other little stuff like a 1g crushed bov, keydiver stage 3 chip for 650cc / 2g MAF / 1g ECU. FP Manifold Studs/nuts.

DustinsDuster
10-11-2010, 03:45 AM
i already have BC 272 cams. i'll pass on the rest.

sparkles
10-11-2010, 09:36 AM
Lol, new sig, new avatar, new attitude. I think you've officially lost it...but we all knew that when you sold the Camaro :)

Clinical
10-11-2010, 11:07 AM
lol attitude never changed :P
I've always been lost, must of stayed out in the sun too long one day without my sunbrero

the bottom part of the sig is a quote from a friend haha