PDA

View Full Version : Fast Fridays at Mid America

slow ride
09-15-2010, 12:37 PM
Heading out to Mid America this friday (Omaha Area) for some road racing. Anyone can go and it should be a blast. If you push the car you should have good race pads though. 5-6 20 minute runs from 9 till 6 I believe.

sparkles
09-15-2010, 08:55 PM
Believe it or not I had plans to go to this again, but going from Davenport to Omaha in a day along with Mid American screwing up on their timeline, has me stuck here for 1 more day. Get some pics up if you can. Should be one of the last good outings out there this year.

biohazard
09-16-2010, 10:24 AM
If my Subaru wasnt pouring out power steering fluid and leaking gas like nobody's business I would be all over this.

AutoMods
09-16-2010, 07:05 PM
maybe one of these years my car could go. I would like to get a 10 second timeslip first so have to focus on mods for that first

AutoMods
09-16-2010, 07:06 PM
good luck and take some video if you can

Xboosted23X
09-16-2010, 10:05 PM
My goal was to get there this year but due to some issues its not going to happen. Maybe next year

slow ride
09-18-2010, 01:17 PM
Well made it back. What a fun time as we pretty much had the track to ourselves for most of the day. 4 vettes and one cobra. Only a few of us were on decent tires (toyo r888's and my nitto 555r2's) but it was crazy how well they hooked up in the corners. Track clamed one car though as my friend got a little rod nock after the second set of runs. Good thing he brought the trailer I guess. It was hot out and my 383 didn't like the heat and built high oil temps (300+f) so an oil cooler is in the future for longer events.

There were a few older guys running some slightly modded c6z's and a few other vettes, acura integra type r, porsche cayman, etc. I'll try to get some video that my friend took for an idea of what went on. One thing I'm sure of is how hard running on the track in a modded car is on engines. Dragstrip is a drivetrain killer, but road racing is an engines worst nightmare. I used some 94 octane and 110 they had at the pumps for a little protection from nock under high coolant temps, etc.