PDA

View Full Version : Newton speedway deal

69gt4speed
09-15-2010, 12:22 AM
Guy pm'd me w this message, I'm not going but maybe someone here does.

Just thought I would check in an see if you were going to come over the to Iowa Speedway? Doesn't look like they are going to have the Drag Strip open, but the do have it where you can make laps on the track for a $25 donation to the speedway charity!

Let me know if you plan on coming!

Corey

Still meeting at Prairie Meadow Racetrack in Altoona between 9-10am and leaving around 10am to head to Newton

I'll find out the exact day as u can see it's not there? 25$ to run on a big track not lil hawkeye downs.

Clinical
09-15-2010, 01:04 AM
When is this?

A shame I wont have a car to run most likely or I'd totally be down.

There's always the beast civic though!! :P

69gt4speed
09-15-2010, 11:22 AM
Well I figured a certain s4 would like to dominate this event, hence the post. :biggrin: but what do I know? Maybe a offroad 4x4 thing for the s4. Sure it could do it all.

derek072887
09-15-2010, 09:31 PM
well kinda hard to plan on anything or to be anywhere when there is now date or time.... hmmmm..... and secondly why the fuck would i want to 1. drive to newton 2. just to drive around an oval track, if i wanted to just go in circles id do it in an open parking lot.... (now if its on a road course they will have set up i will be down to go) but i am no fan of driving around a track and turning the same direction all the time...

69gt4speed
09-15-2010, 10:46 PM
This sunday sunday sunday watch cars go head to head on the big oval.

I am working 12's sat and sunday. Gotta pay bills while 12's available, I'm way behind in $ this yr.
Quote:
It is this Sunday, we are meeting at Prairie Meadows in Altoona between 9-10am and leaving for the speedway at 10am

So 11am sunday be at newton track. fork over 25$ and run the big oval. I might think a vette guy could go fast. Esp s/c. Too bad vaughn gitten isn't there, be a show of sorts.

69gt4speed
09-15-2010, 11:01 PM
well kinda hard to plan on anything or to be anywhere when there is now date or time.... hmmmm..... and secondly why the fuck would i want to 1. drive to newton 2. just to drive around an oval track, if i wanted to just go in circles id do it in an open parking lot.... (now if its on a road course they will have set up i will be down to go) but i am no fan of driving around a track and turning the same direction all the time...
Ur a fan of runnin to ur stepdad for keys and love and attention from mommie. Sh-t man grow the fk up. Be like George B, bust ur ass for ur own 9 sec car. He's a hell lot smarter. I wonder what would happen if mommie said 2 weeks Derek you are out on your own. It happened to me at 19 or so. You see I did pretty much ok. Except women were my downfall, I'd be retired at 55. Through all my sh-t I never asked for help from my stepdad or mommie on my own. I didn't want to hear the bs forever. Ya sure me and stepdad worked on stuff together, I'd do this for him and he and I would do that for me. Ok enough of history lesson some of you have it way too easy and you know who, look in the mirror and examine your actions. Do it 100% or not at all. At least try.

e_101
09-16-2010, 10:40 AM
is it this weekend?

69gt4speed
09-16-2010, 12:45 PM
I went to newton speedway site this is the link w all info. Has a big car show also and something about giving away a camaro.
http://www.iowaspeedway.com/aspx/Events ... spx?id=154 (http://www.iowaspeedway.com/aspx/Events/EventDetail.aspx?id=154)

Car giveaway stuff, if you have a season ticket sept 25th is cutoff date. ss camaro pace car.
http://www.iowaspeedway.com/aspx/AboutS ... =618&cat=4 (http://www.iowaspeedway.com/aspx/AboutSpeedway/news.aspx?id=618&cat=4)

Scott
09-16-2010, 01:55 PM

I would love you see you try to compete in a circle track race!! Everyone thinks just driving around a oval is sooo easy LOL Maybe you should try competing in some type of actual motorsport event and be competitive to see how it really is

s13kid
09-16-2010, 10:48 PM

Oval track is nothing like a parking lot and to have no respect for oval racing is ignorant, Ovals are difficult. You are stupid.

Be it an Oval or a Road Course I highly doubt you could run a competitive line.

This is my first post bashing you, but after seeing all the stupid shit you say its hard to not chime in.

69gt4speed
09-17-2010, 12:28 AM
Dereks a tool, his sh-t doesn't stink just everybody's else's does and the real kicker that s4 is his stepdads.... I asked him way to many times to run my blue and every time he pussies out and then claims he beat a 03 cobra by multiple car lengths. That's why I give him sh-t maybe he'll grow up w me prodding him. Evidently his parents don't, stepdad must have his balls in a vice by mom. Oh yea a excellent book is, Sh*t my dad says. What I would do to Derek. He needs some of that.

They got a tv show coming out this fall but the censors well will make it weak imo. It's on cbs. You can't say fuk or tits or bullsh-t or sh-t etc. etc. Weak sauce... I hope it does ok but man my stepdad was not a pussy in any means. G/d marine bs, james dean crap that was him in his prime. Sh-t Derek w him you would have some damn good balls on ur own by now. Have close to a s4 by now dude. Otherwise beat ur azz or face till u wized up. Back in my day there was not kid domestic violence, parents could do as they wanted.

69gt4speed
09-18-2010, 09:30 AM
Some mo info.... finally got a hold of the Iowa Speedway ticket office. They are open until 5pm Friday, and 3pm Saturday, so there's still some time to pre-register.

Also, if you're one of the first 300 to register you get a dash plaque and some other goodies I guess. The process was pretty straightforward, just give them your name and debit/credit card number and your good to go. You pick up everything at the show.