PDA

View Full Version : Good News and bad news!

StreetSweeper
09-07-2010, 07:03 PM
The bad news is i could problably drag my junk to eddyville this weekand and see if the tranny has anything left in her but i dont really feel like spending the money to take the chance and i know its one less car but i have to make the descision so looks like i will not be making it.

Good News! As of right now im planning on taking the rest of this year off and all of next year and going a different direction with the camaro. It needs all rebuilt anyway so i have decided i dont want to cut any corners and the car simply needs to start to get out of it's own way. mid 9s was fast at one time but now im ready for more. Going to start a project this winter and do everything right. Going to involve some bad ass fab work and possibly a little bit of boost!

When it comes out it will be badder then it has been yet so i look forward to what the future has to offer with the black car!

Anyway the silver car is at the top of its game for what it is so i think it will just be best to enjoy our other bullet while its running like a champ!

Good luck to everyone attending the last race of the year!

McKeever
09-08-2010, 11:58 AM
You still going to run a 10.5 tire?

Sledge_WS6
09-08-2010, 12:24 PM
Street/Strip Car? Or Roadcourse lol?

StreetSweeper
09-08-2010, 01:20 PM
10.5 is the only way to be!!! it will still be the same street car that i drive on the street twice a summer lol. I could care less about 12 and 13 second ricers on first ave so there is no need to go street racing with the car.

Clinical
09-08-2010, 01:23 PM
I hear there's a s4 running around with 30k sunk into it, i'd watch out

black88gt
09-08-2010, 02:36 PM
Fuck ya throw a big snail on there; need some boosted LS around here to offset all the boosted mustangs.

Jappbox
09-08-2010, 02:51 PM
Im trying to talk him into something somthing :)

OldSkoolRCR
09-08-2010, 05:45 PM
NO TURBO!!!!! YSI

StreetSweeper
09-08-2010, 06:41 PM
Maybe All Motor!

Jappbox
09-08-2010, 06:44 PM
do a Jet Engine!!

sparkles
09-08-2010, 06:48 PM
Everyone knows rotary power is the way to go.

snickerlicker
09-08-2010, 07:18 PM
NO TURBO!!!!! YSI

Smart man!!

OldSkoolRCR
09-08-2010, 07:22 PM
Maybe All Motor!

:banghead:

Jappbox
09-08-2010, 07:24 PM
the new billet turbos would kick some ASSSSSSSSS

AutoMods
09-08-2010, 07:24 PM
+1 on the turbo. George's past turbo days are calling.

OldSkoolRCR
09-08-2010, 08:22 PM
NO TURBO....NO WAY... YSIs are instant power no spooling BS to worry about, they leave the line like a N20 car.

snickerlicker
09-08-2010, 08:23 PM
And door turbo cars too....

FiFdYnUtZ
09-08-2010, 09:06 PM
jumpin on the YSI bandwagon! i vote turbo

Sledge_WS6
09-08-2010, 10:29 PM
LT5 PWR (for LT1Dan)!?!

Scott
09-08-2010, 11:13 PM
I'd vote for building a real engine and keep with the spray!!

Jappbox
09-09-2010, 06:03 AM
I vote no spray, you have had enough back fires this year! there wont be any lag with a 400+ cubic inch engine! ;)

TbTalon94
09-09-2010, 10:55 AM
twin Billet 6262's or Billet 6765's.

Ask Ninesnake how two properly set-up turbos can move down the track. Or Torrey for that matter.

Stop being lame and do some twins already!!!

StreetSweeper
09-09-2010, 10:57 AM
Twin 14b's lol

K-ville
09-09-2010, 12:54 PM

Ask Ninesnake how two properly set-up turbos can move down the track. Or Torrey for that matter.

yea ask the guys who have two of the biggest hp cars in the class and normally qualify number one 1 easy then get doored by a ysi car!! :biggrin: no offense torrey or ninesecsnake i love both your cars and wish mine were half what either of them are.

Scott
09-09-2010, 01:18 PM
Forced induction cars definetly make alot of power, it just seems they spend ALOT of time and money on the dyno getting tuned then takes alot more time and messing around at the track for a year or so before you can get clean passes out of them. Power wins arguments and consistency wins races

AutoMods
09-09-2010, 01:42 PM
nitrous cars are on / off . so that is what you have to tune for. forced induction cars can go anywhere in between so ya more to tune but I don't really think it is that bad. sometimes you want to pass someone at 5psi half throttle, sometimes 10psi, the option is nice to have.

guess it just depends on how much support you have. my efilive software has excellent support for boost on most gm's. Now if your FI with a carb that maybe harder to tune. The worst part about nitrous is you drive around afraid to use it because it costs you money and time to refill so you wait for the right person /race. Now that I'm turbo its like an all you can eat buffet with no guilt.

Ricky
09-09-2010, 02:12 PM
Now that I'm turbo its like an all you can eat buffet with no guilt.

best quote ever ahaha!

FiFdYnUtZ
09-09-2010, 02:19 PM

yea ask the guys who have two of the biggest hp cars in the class and normally qualify number one 1 easy then get doored by a ysi car!! :biggrin: no offense torrey or ninesecsnake i love both your cars and wish mine were half what either of them are.

the 170mph fox and the 7.80 stang get DOORED by the ysi cars?!? jkjk

snickerlicker
09-09-2010, 02:26 PM
Forced induction cars definetly make alot of power, it just seems they spend ALOT of time and money on the dyno getting tuned then takes alot more time and messing around at the track for a year or so before you can get clean passes out of them. Power wins arguments and consistency wins races

I beg to differ on that. It took about 2 passes to get Big HP's car in the bottom 9's, and a weekend thrash switching to a powerglide to go 8.79. Never once was that car on a dyno. Strictly strip tuned, and maybe a few blasts on the street. YSI bitches!!

Scott
09-09-2010, 02:32 PM
nitrous cars are on / off . so that is what you have to tune for. forced induction cars can go anywhere in between so ya more to tune but I don't really think it is that bad. sometimes you want to pass someone at 5psi half throttle, sometimes 10psi, the option is nice to have.

guess it just depends on how much support you have. my efilive software has excellent support for boost on most gm's. Now if your FI with a carb that maybe harder to tune. The worst part about nitrous is you drive around afraid to use it because it costs you money and time to refill so you wait for the right person /race. Now that I'm turbo its like an all you can eat buffet with no guilt.

Yeah for certain street cars that does hold very true, but if you make more than enough power NA then you dont even need nitrous on the street, I tried that once and probably wont be doing it again anytime soon. On the track I think a carb/nitrous car is ALOT easier and straight forward to tune, and it is actually far from a on/off switch, get a progressive controller and a set of jets and your good to go "or multiple stages", you can adjust more accurately and more precisely how much and when the power comes in. Either one has its perks and I'd love to switch to a blower sometime as well but not sucks having to run race fuel all the time, in the meantime Im still waiting for the local YSI's to catch my 1/8th mile time from last year!!

Scott
09-09-2010, 02:35 PM

I beg to differ on that. It took about 2 passes to get Big HP's car in the bottom 9's, and a weekend thrash switching to a powerglide to go 8.79. Never once was that car on a dyno. Strictly strip tuned, and maybe a few blasts on the street. YSI bitches!!

Yeah he did run dam good last year! not sure what the big deal is here about the YSI blowers but that car impressed me along with Slattery's as well

snickerlicker
09-09-2010, 02:49 PM

Yeah for certain street cars that does hold very true, but if you make more than enough power NA then you dont even need nitrous on the street, I tried that once and probably wont be doing it again anytime soon. On the track I think a carb/nitrous car is ALOT easier and straight forward to tune, and it is actually far from a on/off switch, get a progressive controller and a set of jets and your good to go "or multiple stages", you can adjust more accurately and more precisely how much and when the power comes in. Either one has its perks and I'd love to switch to a blower sometime as well but not sucks having to run race fuel all the time, in the meantime Im still waiting for the local YSI's to catch my 1/8th mile time from last year!!

Too each there own. I think a hand help tuner is much easier to use then changing carb jets, no messy fuel....How do you know the local YSI cars haven't beat your best 1/8 mile from last year??

OldSkoolRCR
09-09-2010, 02:51 PM

Well lets see, no disrespect to either Torry on Ryan, but Allgos YSI goes down the track deadly every pass, compared to the turbos guys getting down the track clean every no and then............NO TURBO...

Scott
09-09-2010, 02:52 PM
I guess I dont know for sure, I know the 5.47 I heard of isnt quick enough yet. I figured if he went faster it would be plastered all over the place

snickerlicker
09-09-2010, 02:56 PM
5.47 is close to what it ran...

K-ville
09-09-2010, 02:57 PM

the 170mph fox and the 7.80 stang get DOORED by the ysi cars?!? jkjk

Hey im not saying they arent faster but ive watched allgo take torrey down.....

K-ville
09-09-2010, 02:58 PM

Well lets see, no disrespect to either Torry on Ryan, but Allgos YSI goes down the track deadly every pass, compared to the turbos guys getting down the track clean every no and then............NO TURBO...

this is what i was tryin to say thanks ed

OldSkoolRCR
09-09-2010, 03:01 PM
I vote no spray, you have had enough back fires this year! there wont be any lag with a 400+ cubic inch engine! ;)

All N20 backfires are due to operator issues which I make mistakes, 90% of the time it is a bottle pressure issue, when you have to sit in the staging lanes forever because some douche bag oils the track and pressure drops off, then you have to much fuel and BANG! we went 2 years with the black car never an issue and every time out faster, I got a 347cu in motor with a stock 78mm!!! T/B and a unported LS6 intake running 9.7s, with 150shot, and it will go 60s, so the shit works, but n20 is expensive @ $5.25 a lb I could have bought the YSI's this year already for both cars, who knows only time will tell, but 1 thing for sure, the black car will run mid to low 8s when it comes back out. :supz:

AutoMods
09-09-2010, 03:50 PM
I guess I dont know for sure, I know the 5.47 I heard of isnt quick enough yet. I figured if he went faster it would be plastered all over the place

What was your 1/8 time? either way, anywhere in that 5.47 range is crazy fast

Scott
09-09-2010, 04:08 PM

What was your 1/8 time? either way, anywhere in that 5.47 range is crazy fast

LOL it wasnt much faster I was trying to ruffle some feathers, mine has ran 5.45 @ 131

Honestly I just have too much invested in my set-up right now to make switching to forced induction very easy, I would love to try my hand at tuning a nice aftermarket EFI system on a blown engine, Im just jealous :drool:

StreetSweeper
09-09-2010, 05:49 PM
You have a coabra scotty so get to work!

StreetSweeper
09-09-2010, 05:52 PM
All i really know is between the Dj busniess and getting married in the spring my time is limited. My car is worn out just plain out needs a new set up. I problably wont get to race a whole lot in the future cause the wedding industry treats me well on a saturday night so i gotta do what i gotta do. I am going to plan atlest 1 weekand mabye 2 a month to race the black car in my schedule when it is finished. When it is done weather its turbo or YSI it will go get tuned as usual and i just want it to run like a raped fuckin ape when i do get out!

AutoMods
09-09-2010, 07:57 PM
you could do turbo just to rebel against your dad. turbos are also cheaper by themselves, unless you account for turbo piping fabrication, wastegate, etc. Anyway I can get you up to a t78 size 1000whp max journal bearing for around $1k. ball bearing 80mm-92mm sizes start around $1650.

assuming your doing a single turbo setup

OldSkoolRCR
09-09-2010, 08:28 PM
you could do turbo just to rebel against your dad. turbos are also cheaper by themselves, unless you account for turbo piping fabrication, wastegate, etc. Anyway I can get you up to a t78 size 1000whp max journal bearing for around $1k. ball bearing 80mm-92mm sizes start around $1650.

assuming your doing a single turbo setup

Ryan!...Rebel against me :rolleyes: ...PLEASE, you are a funny,funny guy :biggrin:

StreetSweeper
09-09-2010, 08:43 PM
I think if i were to turbo i would deff get a set of Twins. But idk yet probably will not know untill the motor is completely torn down so it will be a while.

TbTalon94
09-10-2010, 07:26 AM
Twin's would be good for your set-up. Make great power and spool fantastic...although you really don't have to worry about spool since your a track only car and have a decent enough stall already.

Honestly George, I've been wanting to do a Twin Set-up for a long time. Specially on a car that i KNOW will get use out of it. You call me up when you decide and I'll work with you on getting everything built. Ryan and I will work together to get you good prices. He can get everything you need parts wise and I'll take care of the fabrication side.

Figure out what a YSI COMPLETE kit will cost you and we can try and get close to that cost. Jesse and I were talking about it last night and it sounds like it won't be hard to get the kit done at the same cost as a YSI, and depending on turbo's you chose may be less.

-Trevor

snickerlicker
09-10-2010, 08:43 AM
Yeah do the twins, and get doored by a YSI car...... Whatever you decide.

allgo
09-10-2010, 04:14 PM

Who the fuck cares about your 1/8th mile time? I dont..

allgo
09-10-2010, 04:21 PM
George and Ed are smart enough to know the time it takes to get a turbo car tuned in just right to get down the track.. there are both great set-ups but knowing the patinces (sp) level that you need with a turbo car I feel that george would be better off with a ysi, now I know some of you are going to say he owned a turbo car but dont go comparing a 11 second car to a mid to low 8 second car..

Scott
09-10-2010, 04:43 PM

Who the fuck cares about your 1/8th mile time? I dont..

LOL sure sounds like it :rolleyes: I figure I got you covered by .05 on a bad day at the tree anywayz

BIG HP
09-10-2010, 05:16 PM
LOL sure sounds like it I figure I got you covered by .05 on a bad day at the tree anywayz

YA Right! He came to Rossie tree cutting class and is choppin the tree down these days!! Most always in the .050 range!! don't count on beatin him on the tree!

OldSkoolRCR
09-10-2010, 05:39 PM
George and Ed are smart enough to know the time it takes to get a turbo car tuned in just right to get down the track.. there are both great set-ups but knowing the patinces (sp) level that you need with a turbo car I feel that george would be better off with a ysi, now I know some of you are going to say he owned a turbo car but dont go comparing a 11 second car to a mid to low 8 second car..

AMEN!

OldSkoolRCR
09-10-2010, 05:41 PM
YA Right! He came to Rossie tree cutting class and is choppin the tree down these days!! Most always in the .050 range!! don't count on beatin him on the tree!

Where does a guy go to get enrolled in this class? :biggrin:

BIG HP
09-10-2010, 08:26 PM
class begins at 11:30 tomarrow morning!

OldSkoolRCR
09-11-2010, 08:30 AM
class begins at 11:30 tomarrow morning!

I will be there! :supz:

stangvortech
09-13-2010, 10:22 AM

All N20 backfires are due to operator issues which I make mistakes, 90% of the time it is a bottle pressure issue, when you have to sit in the staging lanes forever because some douche bag oils the track and pressure drops off, then you have to much fuel and BANG! we went 2 years with the black car never an issue and every time out faster, I got a 347cu in motor with a stock 78mm!!! T/B and a unported LS6 intake running 9.7s, with 150shot, and it will go 60s, so the shit works, but n20 is expensive @ $5.25 a lb I could have bought the YSI's this year already for both cars, who knows only time will tell, but 1 thing for sure, the black car will run mid to low 8s when it comes back out. :supz:
and
"Just returned from EddyVille 10.5, another day of bad ass racing, next year will will be in the top 3 qualifying cars with Georges car 4 sure, Congrats to Eric Torry and Terry Miller, winner and runner up, Great Job guys, and to all the others who had the balls to come out and play with the big kids! CFR 10.5 in 2 weeks"

Making note to self. :roll:

Clinical
09-13-2010, 12:07 PM
im getting excited for next year, lots of people makin changes and planning to go faster!!