PDA

View Full Version : Where to find Wrecked Cars/Trucks

Fire Hawk
09-06-2010, 09:27 PM
Where around here can you find wrecked cars/trucks to pull say an engine/trans out of them. I see the engine/trans with all the wiring and such posted on ebay all the time and the shipping is a pretty penny also to get them here. Is there anywhere around here that you can find them local?

Batwood
09-06-2010, 10:25 PM
Craigslist... it depends on what you are looking for.

Deimos
09-07-2010, 05:19 AM
crashedtoys

SaNdMaNsSi
09-07-2010, 10:08 AM
Depends on the type of vehicle you are looking for. My father sends at least a couple dozen to the crusher every year that aren't claimed.

sLoWnStEaDy
09-07-2010, 10:11 AM
Plaza auctions every wednesday but you need a dealer license or someone with a dealer license.

copart.com (need a dealer license on most of these cars)

"Dart" down at Midwest Imports always goes to the Plaza Auctions and has brought a couple specific things back for me a couple times so I am sure he could see what he can do. Of course expect to pay a little more for his "troubles" LOL

Easiest/Cheapest thing is to just try and find someone with a dealers license and go with them to the auction or give them some cash to bid on a copart car...

CiviC_boY
09-07-2010, 03:37 PM
Plaza auctions every wednesday but you need a dealer license or someone with a dealer license.

copart.com (need a dealer license on most of these cars)

"Dart" down at Midwest Imports always goes to the Plaza Auctions and has brought a couple specific things back for me a couple times so I am sure he could see what he can do. Of course expect to pay a little more for his "troubles" LOL

Easiest/Cheapest thing is to just try and find someone with a dealers license and go with them to the auction or give them some cash to bid on a copart car...

Dart no longer carry s a dealers licence....

sLoWnStEaDy
09-07-2010, 03:45 PM
Dart no longer carry s a dealers licence....

Probably for the best...

Batwood
09-07-2010, 04:42 PM
Plaza makes me nervous.
It seems like its a 50/50 chance of getting burnt on a turd that was doctored up to look decent and run ok through the lane.

If you want wrecked, we watch about 4 salvage auctions a week... and ignore about 100.
The only problem with auctions is the fees and actually getting the damn cars.
Search craigslist or "searchtempest" for what you're lookin for...

What are you looking for?

Fire Hawk
09-08-2010, 07:17 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions. Looking for either a LQ4, LQ9, LY6, LS1, LS2 with an auto trans. The LQ4 or LQ9 seems to be cheaper and just as good of a foundation to begin with. Looking for something hit on the side/back so that I can get the engine, trans, ecm, wiring, etc... for a swap vs building an old skool sbc.

I could be wrong but it just seems like you could get a wrecked vehicle for the price of what some places are just asking for the engine/trans and supporting accessories.

Deimos
09-08-2010, 07:45 PM
silvia v-8.comor v8silvia trust me there are like 4 there for sale in the last few months