PDA

View Full Version : New here..

Absit
08-28-2010, 11:26 PM
Michael from Davenport, I actually stalked Trent from RevHard to here. I've got a 95 Talon TSi AWD I'll be working on this winter, I was hoping to find someone in the area that had done a few timing belts on them that could help me out.

AutoMods
08-28-2010, 11:51 PM
welcome.

I sell lots of talon parts here so let me know if you need anything.

Absit
08-29-2010, 04:45 PM
I'd actually already been checking your place out for the 11 piece hose kit, this winter I'm replacing almost everything that's not metal so I'm sure you'll be hearing from me.

DustinsDuster
08-29-2010, 09:15 PM
if you know trent, and live in (almost) the same city as him, why are you looking for some one and hour and a half away to come help you? just saying, im sure theres plenty of guys a bit closer who could help- as most of us live in the CR/IC area.

welcome to the board- there is a lot of knowledgeable people here who should be able to answer questions if you have them.

Clinical
08-29-2010, 11:44 PM
I've only taken my belt off twice and put it back on.. but it's easy peasy.

Although i've never done one with that balance shaft bullshit, does yours still have that junk?

Absit
08-30-2010, 01:21 PM
@DustinsDuster I didn't know everyone was in the CR/IC area, I figured I may find some Quad Cities guys here, I'm not particularly looking for someone an hour away. I wouldn't say I know Trent, I've met him a couple times. But from what I understand he's a busy guy and moreover I'm looking more for someone to hang out and help me out with it, not so much to pay someone to do it for me.

@Mamamia As far as I know everything's still in there, part of the winter list is to remove them when I'm doing the timing belt though. Here's the car:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3875020/2

Deimos
08-30-2010, 06:09 PM
I have faith you can do a timing belt I think I timed one in a half an hour the other day after a tech ripped off the crankshaft gear. Probably the sixth timing belt I've done and by far the easiest.

Absit
08-30-2010, 11:14 PM
@Deimos Glad someone does! I scare easy when I'm working around something I've never done before. Took me 6 hours (counting all the breaks to re-read something) to install a boost gauge because there was wiring involved and I'd never done any wiring before.

Clinical
08-31-2010, 06:59 AM
@Deimos Glad someone does! I scare easy when I'm working around something I've never done before. Took me 6 hours (counting all the breaks to re-read something) to install a boost gauge because there was wiring involved and I'd never done any wiring before.

Don't feel bad, I'm especially still the same way with wiring.
I knew very little about working on cars when I bought my DSM and thats why I didn't want to buy a DSM was because I had no clue how to do a lot of the basic maintenance even. My knowledge has increased at least 200x from this car, and I'm still learning a lot.. this winter will be my first time pulling my own trans / head and doing a bunch of other junk too.

I even still had my buddy wire in the lighting for my boost gauge after I put it in and ran the vacuum line - just because I didn't want to screw it up haha.

AutoMods
08-31-2010, 09:52 AM
I'd actually already been checking your place out for the 11 piece hose kit, this winter I'm replacing almost everything that's not metal so I'm sure you'll be hearing from me.

Our website is lacking a lot of products that we actually carry so just shoot me an email if you ever can't find something

KobleTsi
09-16-2010, 07:46 AM
you should get on qcaaf, contact hult250r ill ask him if he would be interested in doing it.

Drifte
10-11-2010, 08:29 AM
Take your car to ATS in CR, owner has a lot of experience with dsms, and can easily do it all.