PDA

View Full Version : More news about 2011 auto cars

69gt4speed
08-24-2010, 11:51 PM
I emailed several co. about a higher stall 6r80 converter, doesn't hurt to ask. What fb said hope it is true, they make a decent semi race conversion trans for the 03 cobra. I have not heard from other co. yet, precision and pa. Just want good enough to do decent, I'll wait for the results.

Hi Rob
We're expecting to have the latest torque converter from Ford in the next
week or so. We plan on making a high performance version of it with a
higher stall rpm. If everything goes as planned it could be available in
the early fall this year.
Thanks for your inquiry.
Mike

69gt4speed
08-25-2010, 12:18 AM
Imo a 3k stall really is needed w stock gear and the spray. I think it could run mid 11's every time w a lil practice and tires. That's w small jets. U saw what strickly did already w a c4. W bigger jets maybe low 11's. Good enough to cover t.c. and the d/a, all I really want and the wife could do it easy enough. A worthy goal imo.

69gt4speed
08-25-2010, 09:28 AM
Iowa auto forums is the best btw. Those other ford forums always beat me. When I get the 2011 you guys will see firsthand here what it can do. It's mine not stepdads or moms. Or bros. I will beat that bitch hard.

Ricky
08-25-2010, 10:37 AM
Beat it like a house wife!

snickerlicker
08-25-2010, 11:34 AM
Beat it like a Monday morning hard-on!!!

69gt4speed
08-25-2010, 12:29 PM
Got another response from precision...And yea I'll beat it for sure and do stuff.

Rob,
We are in the process of developing a converter for that car. We have
recently done a couple O.E.M. stall changes, one we have heard good
results from, the other just shipped out a few days ago. If you were
interested in doing that before the 9.5" Stallion becomes available,
the cost to raise your stock converter is $349.00. We have been able
to get about 400 rpm more.
I printed off your contact information as well as others that are
interested in a converter for these cars. As soon as we have it ready
we will contact you.
Thanks
Precision Industries
800-649-7866

69gt4speed
08-25-2010, 01:22 PM
I found out trucks have man mode. The crossover has paddle shifters on steering wheel same transmission as the stang so prob next stang has that stuff.Idk

SelectShift, progressive range select and manual mode added for 2011
Convenience and control are balanced by the 6R80’s SelectShift Automatic capability, which automatically shifts during routine operation and also allows complete manual control. Included are progressive range select and manual functions.

With progressive range select, a toggle on the shift lever allows the customer to reduce the range of available gears while in Drive. When the customer “taps” down into range select mode, the new available 4.2-inch LCD screen shows the available gears and highlights the current gear state. This feature allows the driver to limit use of upper gears when heavily loaded or while towing on grades.

For full manual function, customers also can pull the shift lever into “M” for manual mode and use the same toggle switch to select the gear desired. The display will show the selected gear, and the control system will lock the torque converter and hold that gear for a full manual transmission feel.

69gt4speed
08-28-2010, 06:47 PM
another auto going 11"s almost stock.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmO_ygFoWO4

another w lt hdrs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGWyeJUx-LM