PDA

View Full Version : New house, new car, new bike...

sLoWnStEaDy
08-22-2010, 11:54 AM
Well, finally got out of that shit hole of a flood house and got a house in "rolling Green". 4-bed, 2-bath house but it has a small ass singe stall (but really deep) garage. nice little space down stairs that I claimed for myself. Also picked up a "new to me" car, trying to stay "under the radar" with this one though, just a simple 2000 Impala. I also picked up a bike, it's an older one but one that I have been in love with since I was a teenager so instead of buying the '04 GSXR like I planned, I picked this one up instead, it's a CBR900RR...

House needs a little work, just got the A/C fixed this morning (so that nasty window unit can come out) and I need to trim that over growth on the right side. Garage is small like I said but I figure that will help me focus on ONE project at a time. enough room for a car, all my tools/equipment and enough room to move around and work so. still unpacking so don't mind the mess in my "man cave" as Skye calls it.

http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/2908/houseandcar001.jpg
http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/8752/houseandcar002.jpg
http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/5637/houseandcar003.jpg
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/2348/houseandcar004.jpg
http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/6734/houseandcar005.jpg
http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/4263/ninja900r.png (http://img594.imageshack.us/i/ninja900r.png/)

sparkles
08-22-2010, 12:00 PM
Looks like you got a pretty awesome room in the basement.

+1 on the RR too. I like it.

sLoWnStEaDy
08-22-2010, 12:18 PM
Looks like you got a pretty awesome room in the basement.

+1 on the RR too. I like it.

Thanks! When I seen that you responded, I was expecting something like...

I figure that will help me focus on ONE project at a time
THANK GOD!!!

HaHa!! I really like the bike, I was looking at this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2000-HON ... otorcycles (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2000-HONDA-CBR929RR-FIREBLADE-929CC-150BHP-174MPH-/260652363460?pt=US_motorcycles) nice price but the guy is an asshole so I said F* that.

Clinical
08-22-2010, 02:35 PM
i dont know how you're going to manage with that garage :P

sLoWnStEaDy
08-22-2010, 03:07 PM
i dont know how you're going to manage with that garage :P

yeah... We can fit 4 cars in our driveway though. So, two daily drivers in the driveway, two non-daily drivers on the left, whatever I am working on IN the garage and then the bike I can put in the basement or store with my step-dads Harley over the winter.

With the Mach One in the garage, there was still a good 6ft-86ft in front of it so at least I have a little room to work with. It is bigger than my first garage! my first one I only had like 2ft~ of room with the FIERO in it so... Plus Skyes grandpa owns a ton of farm land, close to a dozen houses, a few shops and has plenty of room for me if I need it.

sparkles
08-22-2010, 09:05 PM
Lol. I'm turning a new leaf.

DustinsDuster
08-22-2010, 09:51 PM
are you still on the NE side then? looks like a pretty nice neighborhood; congrats. sucks about the garage though; any chance you could expand it at all?

sLoWnStEaDy
08-22-2010, 10:23 PM
are you still on the NE side then? looks like a pretty nice neighborhood; congrats. sucks about the garage though; any chance you could expand it at all?

LOL Dustin.... I've told you like 10 times, I have lived on the SW side for almost 2 years now, about 2 miles from you. Now we are in rollin' green over by the Wal-Mart on the sw side. As for the garage, I am not going to worry about it. We bought the house from Skyes grandpa who gave us an AWESOME deal so when the housing market gets back up a little we are going to sell this place and get something out in the country and I am going to build a shop (unless there is a nice one out there already).

Her grandpa owns a few farm houses, one that has a few pretty nice buildings so we might just buy one of those if he hooks us up like he did with this one. They are widening 33rd ave so I think like 1/2 the front yard is going to be gone whenever they do that. Hopefully we are out of here before that happens though.

DustinsDuster
08-23-2010, 03:31 AM
dont know why that never sticks- my bad. it'll be awesome if they ever actually open up 33rd ave all the way through...

sLoWnStEaDy
08-23-2010, 11:09 AM
Lol. I'm turning a new leaf.

good, cuz I think I'd like you if you weren't such a putz all the time! LOL...

BTW, if your girl decides she wants that tanning bed, you can have it for $100, still at $250 on craigslist, consider it a "peace offering/no hard feelings" type of thing since we've hard our "beef" in the past.

Clinical
08-23-2010, 11:18 AM
sparkles seems to have beef with people and always ends up becoming friendly.

it's his official way of meeting people lol

If he gets into it with anyone else I'll just say "You'll be friends down the road, he's just saying hello" lol

sparkles
08-23-2010, 06:27 PM
Lol, you're both probably right. Sorry I'm such a dick sometimes. I'm just a big internet tough guy when it's convenient.

SaNdMaNsSi
08-23-2010, 09:32 PM

LOL Dustin.... I've told you like 10 times, I have lived on the SW side for almost 2 years now, about 2 miles from you. Now we are in rollin' green over by the Wal-Mart on the sw side. As for the garage, I am not going to worry about it. We bought the house from Skyes grandpa who gave us an AWESOME deal so when the housing market gets back up a little we are going to sell this place and get something out in the country and I am going to build a shop (unless there is a nice one out there already).

Her grandpa owns a few farm houses, one that has a few pretty nice buildings so we might just buy one of those if he hooks us up like he did with this one. They are widening 33rd ave so I think like 1/2 the front yard is going to be gone whenever they do that. Hopefully we are out of here before that happens though.

You now live a stone's throw from me. If you have an atv, you should come over to my place and ride.

sLoWnStEaDy
08-23-2010, 09:38 PM

You now live a stone's throw from me. If you have an atv, you should come over to my place and ride.

no ATV right now. Almost bought one but then got my rocket instead... you talkin' 4WD, mud, hills, and shit like that or "sport quad" dirt race track type stuff? Cuz, I could get one and have been thinking about it lately. Skyes grandpa owns a fuck ton of land out in fairfax and C.R. so a nice 4WD 4-wheeler would probably be what I get.

SaNdMaNsSi
08-24-2010, 11:34 AM

no ATV right now. Almost bought one but then got my rocket instead... you talkin' 4WD, mud, hills, and shit like that or "sport quad" dirt race track type stuff? Cuz, I could get one and have been thinking about it lately. Skyes grandpa owns a fuck ton of land out in fairfax and C.R. so a nice 4WD 4-wheeler would probably be what I get.

My place has all of the terrain you could ask for. Tall grass, trees, hills, muddy slopes straight down into a huge creek and back up, fallen trees, you name it. Best part is you could ride your atv about 2 or 3 blocks over and be at my place.

sLoWnStEaDy
08-25-2010, 08:59 AM
Here's a picture of the bike after sticker removal. Looks pretty dang good, especially since I was expecting damage under them.

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/4930/cbr900rrnostickers.jpg (http://img651.imageshack.us/i/cbr900rrnostickers.jpg/)

Ricky
08-25-2010, 10:35 AM
so is it a heavy turd? Looks really wide..

sLoWnStEaDy
08-25-2010, 01:09 PM
so is it a heavy turd? Looks really wide..

I like it much better than my old R6, and the GSXR750 I drove the other day. I really like it a lot!! Just went out for a couple hours with my old man (he has an '04 Triumph America) and had a BLAST!!

As for the weight, it is about 35-40lbs more than a 2010 R6

Ricky
08-25-2010, 02:26 PM
wow not bad at all!

sLoWnStEaDy
08-25-2010, 02:56 PM
wow not bad at all!

Is that a "raven" R6 in your sig? that is what I almost bought, well, that and a GSXR750. I LOVE the Ravens but I got this bike for like 1/3 the price of the others I was looking at.

this winter I am going to do an F4i digital gauge conversion along with some sprockets, some more carbon fiber and might throw a new set of fairings on it too. Not sure on that yet, I have found a few pretty nice looking sets but no pictures of them ON a bike, so I don't know exactly how they'll look.

Ricky
08-25-2010, 03:24 PM
yeah its a 06 R6s Raven. The front fairing is all carbon fiber :) im looking to sell it soon. It had a problem with low RPM sputtering and missing but i changed the plugs (needed it bad) and she seems to be back to 100%

sLoWnStEaDy
08-25-2010, 03:51 PM
yeah its a 06 R6s Raven. The front fairing is all carbon fiber :) im looking to sell it soon. It had a problem with low RPM sputtering and missing but i changed the plugs (needed it bad) and she seems to be back to 100%

Nice... I looked at a carbon fiber body for mine but it is more than the bike is even worth so. I considered just getting a plain white body and putting a single layer of carbon fiber over it but I though that would be pretty "ricer" LOL...

85XR7Project
08-25-2010, 04:13 PM
how can you go from a three stall garage to a single?! Looks like a great place though congrats man. We ought to get together sometime and have a few beers and bullshit about cars again.
@

sLoWnStEaDy
08-25-2010, 05:28 PM
how can you go from a three stall garage to a single?! Looks like a great place though congrats man. We ought to get together sometime and have a few beers and bullshit about cars again.
@

Going from a 3-stall with 5 parking spots to a single with 7 parking spots should work out OK. I just won't have all the cars IN the garage.

No beer for me but hit me up sometime. I am going to start wiring up the Mustang here before too long and then get the exhaust on the RX5.0 done so I could take you for a ride or two...

319-241-4059

Ricky
08-27-2010, 09:34 AM

Nice... I looked at a carbon fiber body for mine but it is more than the bike is even worth so. I considered just getting a plain white body and putting a single layer of carbon fiber over it but I though that would be pretty "ricer" LOL...

Yeah the guy i bought it from said it wasnt cheep at all..... wish i wouldnt have laided it down :banghead:

sLoWnStEaDy
08-27-2010, 09:43 AM
yeah, probably pushing $1500~ for that fairing setup!

Jappbox
08-27-2010, 07:15 PM
House looks nice, If you ever want any insulation done let me know, alliant and mid-american offer a very good rebate you can get back. I also have a full semi trailer of insulation coming in.

sLoWnStEaDy
08-27-2010, 09:42 PM
House looks nice, If you ever want any insulation done let me know, alliant and mid-american offer a very good rebate you can get back. I also have a full semi trailer of insulation coming in.

This house is good but my mom's place needs it BAD! you CANNOT get that house under 80* if it is hot out. when it was like 90* for those few days a little while back, she had the A/C at 70* running 24 hours a day and it never even got down to 80* inside. They had to sleep in the basement where it is always about 15* cooler.