PDA

View Full Version : LF someone Familiar with DSM Trannies.

Clinical
08-20-2010, 11:34 PM
This winter I'll be needing some tranny work and the cheapest tranny shop here is still going to run me like $300 which I'd rather attempt it myself.
Wondering if there's anyone who could replace a 1-2 shift fork and the 1st/2nd synchros for me and what your charge would be around?

I have the parts and I could bring the transmission to wherever you live, I don't care if its 2-4 hours I'll pull the tranny throw it in the back of my civic and bring it to you.

I really would just like to be sure its done right by someone who knows what they're doing :/

blackx-runner
08-21-2010, 11:21 AM
hit up slow ride. He just worked on my T56 for me, and I believe he is very familiar with DSM transmissions.

Clinical
08-22-2010, 11:25 PM
I'll have to get ahold of him for sure!
I knew i remembered someone here being good with transmissions but couldn't remember who it was.

Thanks!

TbTalon94
08-23-2010, 06:34 AM
SlowRide is your man, he helped me rebuild my 2g AWD tranny. Nice guy!

Drifte
08-23-2010, 11:32 AM
shep can do it. Will need something other than stock to handle the abuse.

Clinical
08-23-2010, 01:36 PM
Shep is a bit out of my price range unless I don't want to go any faster next spring.
Stock tranny ought to be able to hold up fine. Just always have had issues with second gear and finally she quit grabbing at WOT.

Jappbox
08-23-2010, 01:58 PM
A stock DSM trans is only good for maybe a 13 second car if that. Hell I have heard of stock cars breaking the trans. The DSM trans is known to go out, if you want something to last you need at least a shep stage 3. the trans will hold power, if At WOT its not then thats your clutch.

TbTalon94
08-23-2010, 02:25 PM
i know of a few DSM guys that only use junk-yard trannies running high 10's.

It's not for everyone though lol.

Clinical
08-23-2010, 02:25 PM
I have just gathered from what I've read that the tranny not wanting to go in at WOT but going in while driving - is due to a bent shift fork. It's the same exact thing my friend's talon did, he replaced the shift fork himself and it was fine. I was hoping to have him look at it but unfortunately he's deployed in Afghanistan now.