PDA

View Full Version : I turned up the rx7's boost, made another pass with slicks

AutoMods
08-16-2010, 06:08 PM
well I had to work non stop last week to get my car ready for the track this weekend , turned the boost way up and ran slicks

enjoy the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVmdAcOn ... r_embedded (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVmdAcOnDlM&feature=player_embedded)

c_mart_28
08-16-2010, 06:12 PM
lol..

man..you must've been busy!

slow ride
08-16-2010, 06:16 PM
Yea, how did you make it sound so much worse ;) Just kidding rotory guys

StreetSweeper
08-16-2010, 08:21 PM
Yea man sounds like a bucket of shit from across the atlantic!

Drifte
08-16-2010, 08:32 PM
look at that thing skate.

Scott
08-16-2010, 09:43 PM
look at that thing skate.
yeah not the best looking pass I've ever seen thats for sure "but not the ugliest either" I wouldnt hesitate to say he might have a little bump-steer or deflection of some sort going on in the rear end. Fairly stable on the top end though, figured a turbo import car would have more mph than that for a 8.8 pass. Impressive non the less

AutoMods
08-17-2010, 11:06 AM
I got a question for you mustang guys.

So that rotary rx7 in the video has the cobra IRS rear end on it. A guy on the v8 rx7 forums fabricated a kit to get that rear end on and then made a batch of them for several v8 rx7 guys and I guess that rotary guy, Enzo, also bought one. I know a lot of rx7 guys want to keep IRS for handling but I've also seen some rx7's that have swapped to that cobra rear end that are mainly drag racing like Enzo is.

I've heard complaints from the mustang guys about that IRS rear end. Rob has talked bad about his and also Casey switched his car over to the solid rear. I have to decide if I want to switch to a solid ford rear or this cobra IRS. So my question is why do you think these drag rx7's are putting in the cobra IRS when they could just do the solid rear?

c_mart_28
08-17-2010, 03:51 PM
Here recently there have been some decent kits that really square up a lot of the IRS's deficiencies. A lot of the trouble the IRS has in the 03-04 Cobra cars is just the weight factor. Being how there are now 9-second IRS Cobra's it doesn't surprise me that a car that weighs maybe 1200 lbs less could really work it to it's advantage.

With that being said, I bought my car with the already built SRA. If I had bought my Cobra without it, I don't know that it would have been amongst my first modifications.

stangvortech
08-17-2010, 09:43 PM
Well, I know guys have cut 1.5x 60ft's with a stock irs and good tires/slicks. The only down side to the irs imo is the weight. I have a goal to hit 9's with my irs pig some day. I say go with the irs!

SLVR7
08-18-2010, 07:05 PM
Most are switching strictly for gear ratio options. Rx-7 rear choices are 3.90, 4.11, 4.33, or 4.77, so if you want something different different you half to change diffs. Enzo built that car for one reason, to take the irs record from timemachines.

This is a stock rear end/suspension with the exception of upgraded axle shafts.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9IBCaSchhE
Stock trans as well.

Xboosted23X
08-18-2010, 10:24 PM
here is a RX7 that we saw run last week. It made some power. sorry for the shitty video, I just found it on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xT4PDn4yh6M

Jappbox
08-19-2010, 01:57 PM
and thats a 4 cylinder DSM motor! lol

TbTalon94
08-19-2010, 02:00 PM

LOL that would be the Pacific ya rah-tard.

AutoMods
08-19-2010, 03:08 PM
Most are switching strictly for gear ratio options. Rx-7 rear choices are 3.90, 4.11, 4.33, or 4.77, so if you want something different different you half to change diffs. Enzo built that car for one reason, to take the irs record from timemachines.

This is a stock rear end/suspension with the exception of upgraded axle shafts.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9IBCaSchhE
Stock trans as well.

From what i've read, the tii rear is only 4.10, the other fc diffs are weaker and not up to the task. A stock ls1 can break the tii rear, not real common but its been done, otherwise they say low 11's with a manual and it is at risk. I am out of gear on mine though so thats the main reason I'm looking for other options.

SLVR7
08-19-2010, 03:19 PM
3.90 is the auto gear. They break the case due to poor lauching technique and/or wheel hop. There are numerious ls1, 3,and 4 rotor cars using stock t2 diffs running sub 9's with no problems. You will break the stock axle shafts though. Driveshaft shop axles are a must if your going to start draggin the car alot.

AutoMods
08-19-2010, 09:03 PM
who runs an lsx powered rx7 sub 9's with the stock t2 diff? best i've heard of was high 9's and that was with auto's only

SLVR7
08-19-2010, 09:38 PM
I don't know his name, but there was a vid on street fire of an ls rx running in the mid eights, there are a ton of 3 and 4 rotors. A t2 diff and a fd diff are the same, I'm running billet t2 carrier in mine.

StreetSweeper
08-23-2010, 11:38 AM

LOL that would be the Pacific ya rah-tard.

It depends on weather you wanna go east or west to get there haha!