PDA

View Full Version : Spoil Alert... UFC 116

sLoWnStEaDy
07-03-2010, 10:24 PM
In case you don't know... Lesnar won... 2:16 into the second round via "arm triangle choke"... I did not think (and was hoping) he wouldn't make it out of that first round ass kicking!

I seen "The Rock" was in attendance, I wanna see him fight!

Caleb
07-03-2010, 10:34 PM
I dislike Lesnar and the stream I was watching cut out right as Carwin was going to town. I was pissed when it came back up showing Lesnar choking out Carwin. That disappointed my night even further. I wish they would have stopped it like in most matches when Lesnar was getting his ass beat and somewhat defending himself.

allgo
07-03-2010, 10:57 PM
Lesner won deal with it... weathered the storm and choke his ass out like a biatch.. good fight for sure but you could see lesner was not that hurt at the end of 1 when he spun out from underneath at 100mph so I think carwin is good and we will see a rematch soon,

Oh yeah buy the way where are all the fedor lovers at after he got his ass choked out by a guy that got cut by the ufc for losing to many matches??

blackx-runner
07-03-2010, 11:17 PM
Some good fights, And if they would have stopped the Lesnar v. Carwin fight in the first round during the ground and pound there may have been some rioting.
Lesnar is definitely a different fighter since coming back. And still a bad MOFO.

TbTalon94
07-04-2010, 10:01 AM
I believe Lesnar has been training with Couture, it shows. It also shows that Brock's Stand-up is just horrible and that will be his downfall. I don't believe he will be outmatched on the ground when it comes to wrestling.

allgo
07-04-2010, 10:26 AM
I dont think his stand up is horrible, I just think he is smart enough to not go to blows with guys that are alot better at stand up... his stand up didnt look to bad a couple fights ago against that big guy from texas that flew 30ft after lesner landed a bomb on him..lol

sparkles
07-04-2010, 06:35 PM
http://video.mmator.com/2010/07/shane-carwin-vs-brock-lesnar.html

DustinsDuster
07-04-2010, 07:22 PM
Lesner won deal with it... weathered the storm and choke his ass out like a biatch

choked his ass like a bitch? youre saying the choke was a bitch move?

Oh yeah buy the way where are all the fedor lovers at after he got his ass choked out by a guy that got cut by the ufc for losing to many matches??

im right here. and as much of an upset as the fight was, i had it a feeling it might be coming. Fedor hasnt had to fight any submission-type fighters in so long, and has been finishing so many people by knock out, he just got over confident and put himself in a stupid posistion and got caught like he never should have. you know, like your boy Lesnar losing to Mir because he thought he was too big and powerful to have to worry about a submission. hell, even a completely dominant fighter like Anderson Silva isnt immune to being over-confident and getting caught; it happens to everyone. just to clarify, Brock Lesnar's record is 6-1, right? and if im not mistaken, Fedor's is 31-2 now(his first loss was a no-contest after an illegal hit). you're right- Brock is a much better fighter than Fedor(rolls eyes). no matter what you want to think, EVERYONE loses sooner or later.

really, i cant wait to see Fedor's next fight- i have a feeling he's going to really hurt someone. in a weird way, im actually kindof happy he lost one. if you go back and watch a lot of his fights, he never seemed to progress much at all- he never got any "better" it doesnt seem. he didnt really have a reason to; until now.

as much as i(along with everyone, im sure) would like to see Fedor come into the UFC and fight Lesnar, i just dont see it happening. Dana White keeps throwing more and more money at him to try and get him there, when it's not money he's after. Fedor wants to be able to fight in Pancrase in his country still, but under UFC contract, he'd only be able to fight in the UFC. and White wont amend his contract because shortly thereafter, more and more fighters would undoubtably want the same thing. he knows he'll lose fighters, and money, and wont let that happen.

on a side note, it really doesnt surprise me much that you're such a big Lesnar fan- just seems to fit your personality well.

sparkles
07-04-2010, 08:12 PM
on a side note, it really doesnt surprise me much that you're such a big Lesnar fan- just seems to fit your personality well.

And by that, you mean fat and retarded right? :biggrin:

allgo
07-04-2010, 09:25 PM

And by that, you mean fat and retarded right? :biggrin:

Wow fat your right go look in the mirror tubby.. hope to see you at eddyville and you can show me how tough you are in person... I am sure you wont show next weekend

DustinsDuster
07-04-2010, 10:12 PM
really, i just meant going for the best sure thing option; all excess power and size with limited technique, talks tons of shit and is very sure of what he has. Allgo is a power lifter; who do you think he'd relate to and enjoy more? a pitbull-looking colligate star wrestler with no neck, or a chubby farm-boy looking guy from Russia who is very quiet, humble, and respectful? nevermind what the undersized(for heavyweight) underdog has accomplished, or his versatility; which one is the biggest/loudest extreme that is almost sure to win?

what i love so much about Fedor is in most of his fights, it doesnt look like Fedor should be moved up a weight class. he relies on a wide arsenal of techniques instead of just his size and power. it's also very refreshing to see such a high caliber fighter be SO humble and quiet. reminds me a bit of Dan Henderson- in that he lets what he does in the ring do the talking.

allgo
07-04-2010, 10:44 PM
The thing is dustin I like fedor, I just like Lesner alot better, I used to hate him to death when he wrestled at minny cause he was tough as hell. I will give fedor his props one of the most humble persons out there I can respect that for sure.

sparkles
07-05-2010, 08:10 AM
Wow fat your right go look in the mirror tubby.. hope to see you at eddyville and you can show me how tough you are in person... I am sure you wont show next weekend

Best part is, I WON'T! Why the hell would I show up? You're way too cool for me. I wouldn't wanna cramp your style with my 16 second Dodge Neon.

FiFdYnUtZ
07-05-2010, 10:32 AM
you'll never show up to anything...E-thug..

TbTalon94
07-05-2010, 11:07 AM
I said it Brocks first fight and I'll say it again now, he has HUgE potential and is getting there. His athleticism is just 2nd to none for his size. Like i said though his downfall will be someone who can stand with him and defend his takedowns OR get him on his back.

I know it sounds funny but Frank Mir HAS the tools to beat Brock, he just has to defend his takedowns. There are a few others that may have a shot against Brock like Cain Valasquez or a guy called Allstair Overeem.

sparkles
07-05-2010, 01:58 PM
you'll never show up to anything...E-thug..

Hey, I already invited you down last year, so don't start crying now. BTW, on a non assholish level, you get your bodywork fixed?

DustinsDuster
07-05-2010, 08:45 PM
The thing is dustin I like fedor, I just like Lesner alot better, I used to hate him to death when he wrestled at minny cause he was tough as hell. I will give fedor his props one of the most humble persons out there I can respect that for sure.

I said it Brocks first fight and I'll say it again now, he has HUgE potential and is getting there. His athleticism is just 2nd to none for his size. Like i said though his downfall will be someone who can stand with him and defend his takedowns OR get him on his back.

I know it sounds funny but Frank Mir HAS the tools to beat Brock, he just has to defend his takedowns. There are a few others that may have a shot against Brock like Cain Valasquez or a guy called Allstair Overeem.

i have always tried to be very careful about NOT saying things like "Brock sucks" or "has no chance". i knew all along he's an incredible athelete, and is very dangerous. not many guys that big can move so fast; impressive for sure. as ive stated, my big issue with him is just his attitude; he just makes it really easy to not like him. i think he let too much of the WWE personality come over to the UFC with him is all. that being said; after seeing this last fight with Carwin, i have a feeling he's going to be on top in the UFC for a while now.

as far as a dream fight between Lesnar and Fedor; the only reason i have as much faith in Fedor as i do, is that he's got pretty awesome balance and takedown defense, and if Lesnar took him down anyway(likely), he's so dangerous from his back, i still think he could get Lesnar into a submission. Fedor likes to grab arms, and Brock loves to throw them. i dont see a fight like this going to later rounds, but if somehow it did, id be really interested to see how each fighter would handle the later rounds. i know Lesnar is in fantastic shape, and has great conditioning, but it takes a lot of energy to move that big body around, and ive never seen him have to fight past the 2nd round. Fedor has been in those 5 round wars, but its been more than a couple years since he's done so.

in the end, i would love to see the fight, but unless Lesnar becomes a free agent fighter like Tim Sylvia, and fights outside the UFC(unlikely), i still dont think Fedor will come into the UFC. in any case, fingers are crossed...

snickerlicker
07-05-2010, 09:53 PM
Lesnar went 3 rounds with Heath Herring, that's the guy he hit so hard the guy fell over backwards and crushed his eye socket....

DustinsDuster
07-05-2010, 10:17 PM
Lesnar went 3 rounds with Heath Herring, that's the guy he hit so hard the guy fell over backwards and crushed his eye socket....

yeah, but i think Fedor would be more of a handful to deal with; not to mention going another 2 rounds.

also, Fedor beat the hell out of Hearing for a few rounds as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYnih2JMZXs
and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuaQdkU3b6E&feature=related

drfast4ward
07-05-2010, 11:25 PM

I just noticed why you like him so much.... he has Jimmy Johns on his shorts :)

TbTalon94
07-07-2010, 08:22 AM
I dont think his stand up is horrible,

Just had to throw a few GIF's from the fight to show what i mean....

http://urdirt.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Carwin-rocks-Lesnar.gif
http://www.listentothis.org/images/lesnarcarwin.gif
http://www.listentothis.org/images/carwingas.gif

Then to your defense he did this, which i said is his strength. Wrestling ON TOP
http://i49.tinypic.com/sv6ey0.gif

sLoWnStEaDy
07-07-2010, 09:12 AM
OK... so his stand up isn't the best but he has mastered the running away and cowering against the cage in fetal position while getting the piss knocked out of him.

I don't care about Lesnar either way but I think if that was anyone else in there, the fight would have been stopped when he was on the ground in the first couple minutes of the fight...

TbTalon94
07-07-2010, 10:48 AM
Nah the ref did a good job about not stopping it. He WAS intelligently covering himself and was trying every now and then to get out of the situation, like kicking him and swinging a few. If it was stopped from that Lesnar would have gotten right up and been pissed and so would of the crowd. It was a title defense and the ref's are supposed to let the champ ride it out if they aren't in danger of getting hurt.

If you watch carefully Carwin didn't really land a whole lot of solid punches with his flurry and that's why he gassed out.

On the other hand when Carwin was throwing flurries like that against Frank Mir, the ref didn't stop it until he was out and his head was bouncing...might of been a little too long but he did a good job about not stopping it right away.

black88gt
07-07-2010, 01:59 PM
lesnar was still defending himself, no reason to stop it. ref did a good job.