PDA

View Full Version : Shop for T56 rebuild

blackx-runner
07-03-2010, 05:41 PM
Found a T56 for my swap project. Was told it has bad 2nd gear syncros. Hopefully that is all, but who knows until it gets torn down.
Looking for a shop to do a rebuild for me. Mostly stock rebuild with a couple upgraded parts to take care of some of the weak links in the trans. Anybody got suggestions for shops that could do the job.
-David-

69gt4speed
07-05-2010, 08:38 PM
I'd pm slow ride see what he says. All said and done my parts were a lot, chipped this and that, ruined the syncros. Course had a lot of extra stuff done. 26 spline input, new flywheel, that spec 3+. My old flywheel is fine btw, at the time idk that so ordered a new fidanza to make sure, as I smoked the clutch a few times. Also have the stock 10 spline in my toolbox. It's fine. Yes the t56 has a hundred lil parts unlike a old b/b toploader that's like caveman, but sturdy.

AutoMods
07-05-2010, 10:00 PM
slow ride (Ed) lives just outside of Cedar Falls did my t56. He tore it apart and found out why it was stuck in 4th gear (A cracked $1 key was jammed). I ordered some upgrades while I was in there like billet keys, bronze fork pads, new blocker rings and new slider new seals. I've been driving it for two years since the rebuild and its works great.