PDA

View Full Version : WTB Cheap Running DSM

Clinical
06-30-2010, 11:34 AM
Just throwing it out there.

Looking for a cheap DSM from the 1-2k range that's running driving without any major issues.
Really don't care about the body.
I'm currently thinkin about taking a trip to look at this
http://desmoines.craigslist.org/cto/1771726238.html

But I just haven't had time yet.

Prefer finding a turbo FWD for mileage/less stuff to break.

I'm just wanting one for a DD.
I've been wanting one for awhile now, if I find one I want I already have people willing to buy the civic from me lol.

Thanks all

Edit: Also wouldn't mind finding a decent condition t-top third-gen in decent shape. 350 / 305 / v6, I don't care. Prefer v6 t-top 5speed

DustinsDuster
06-30-2010, 08:53 PM
(insert obligatory "why do you want a DSM for a DD while your DSM is constantly breaking down?" comment here)

Clinical
06-30-2010, 09:15 PM
(insert obligatory "why do you want a DSM for a DD while your DSM is constantly breaking down?" comment here)

<insert attempt to explain self and give a reasonable response that makes sense that of which is easily seen through as just being DSM obsession>

Ricky
07-01-2010, 08:11 AM

<insert attempt to explain self and give a reasonable response that makes sense that of which is easily seen through as just being DSM obsession>

well played sir.

Drifte
07-02-2010, 08:58 AM
I can touch my toes.

Shayne_GSX
07-08-2010, 02:07 PM

well played sir.

Agreed.

slo4cyl
07-08-2010, 02:20 PM
I know of one for sale, it would have been better to get your hands on it before the current owner did but if your interested i can get you more info or set it up to come check it out

DustinsDuster
07-08-2010, 06:22 PM
just saying, you had another DSM for a DD and ended up selling it- they're kindof old cars to DD; unless you spend a bunch of money doing maintence that hasnt ever been done on it. i want to try to make my truck a DD; but if i have as many problems with as your having with your talon, i cant promise i wouldnt just sell it and find something a bit more reliable(or just keep my Jimmy).

i will tip my hat to your stick-to-it-iveness though.

Drifte
07-08-2010, 07:38 PM
leme know if that truck ever goes up for sale. ;)

DustinsDuster
07-08-2010, 07:42 PM
i'm really hoping it wont- i really want to do it right and have it pretty decently reliable. if nothing else, if you ever decide to do one, i'll help out and save you some of the little troubles first.

sorry for the thread hijack. free bump i guess.

Clinical
07-08-2010, 10:08 PM
Yeah I know I had the laser but honestly it wasn't what I wanted for a daily. It was so beat up and trashed from previous owners and needed so much to be a 'reliable' dd. The reason I got rid of it is because it just had too many problems. Transmission was going, new clutch kept having issues, was burning coolant.

If I buy a daily dsm it'll be a turbo one though.
People who drive stock DSM's always say they seem to be pretty reliable and get good mileage.

I'd love to find just like a stock 1g turbo. If it needs a bit of work I'd be okay with it but as long as the car hasnt obviously been neglected on its whole life. ie: just trashed, interior all ripped to pieces, terrible hack job fixes everywhere - like the laser was.

Clinical
07-08-2010, 10:13 PM
I know of one for sale, it would have been better to get your hands on it before the current owner did but if your interested i can get you more info or set it up to come check it out
let me know about it.

I have people interested in the Civic if I'd ever decide to sell it.
I just haven't taken any offers because I haven't found anything I could immediatly pick up + i'm not that concerned with it or anything right now.

Just something I'm keeping in the back of my head if I do find something I really want.