PDA

View Full Version : 2 in a Row 3.93 @190mph!!

Jappbox
06-23-2010, 07:41 PM
Yup they are geting faster. They got that thing dialed in

http://blog.titanmotorsports.com/?p=2421

snickerlicker
06-23-2010, 07:48 PM
Won't last long, just like anybody else that starts winning a lot the rules will be revised. Bank on it..

slow ride
06-23-2010, 09:16 PM
Is there any rules in the class as far as power plant, etc? Things like car weight, turbo/supercharger size, etc.

Xboosted23X
06-23-2010, 09:35 PM
thats moving for sure. Good quality video.

Scott
06-24-2010, 06:59 AM
Is there any rules in the class as far as power plant, etc? Things like car weight, turbo/supercharger size, etc.

I know they do restrict all those things for V-8 cars right now, shouldnt be too long before rules get revised for import engines is my guess. He is racing 10.5 outlaw class correct?

Jappbox
06-24-2010, 06:13 PM
correct 10.5 class. Not to sure on the setup, I think its single turbo, prob running meth looks like everyone is in that class.

Domestic Disturbance
06-24-2010, 06:49 PM
in the name of fairness they will be changed. why do you think they all run so close to eachother already... 10.5 is sick, but too many rules gets frustrating. Still cool to see someone pushing the envelope

Scott
06-25-2010, 07:17 AM
Yeah those guys really impressed me!! They actually have a "street" supra thats running really good too. Billy Glidden usually does very well in that 10.5 outlaw class and he's running a nitrous motor which is unheard of in that class. Nitrous cars dont fare too well against the big block turbo cars and stuff like that. I would guess they will re-evaluate the weight breaks for a 6 cylinder car or something. They shouldnt have ran THAT much faster than everyone IMO, I mean they usually got them covered by close to a tenth which is a LONG ways in that class, if they kept it close or even went slower a couple times they wouldnt be so inclined to change the rules. We'll just wait and see what happens I guess

69gt4speed
07-03-2010, 12:33 AM
Won't last long, just like anybody else that starts winning a lot the rules will be revised. Bank on it..
Yea what they always do to make it more competitive. John m (accufab) w cougar did run in import stuff till basically they banned him. Then the new cj in stock the list is long. Status quote rules. The new cj rated 425hp and making 600whp + was a sure rerate and put on a penalty.

Rollin on Dubs
07-04-2010, 06:56 PM

I know they do restrict all those things for V-8 cars right now, shouldnt be too long before rules get revised for import engines is my guess. He is racing 10.5 outlaw class correct?

No rules in ADRL Extreme 10.5, no mininmum weight and no maximum ci limit. No restrictions on transmission. No limit on turbocharger (I beleve there are a few overdriven limits on supercarger combos) Just have to do it all on a 10.5W. It is highly unlikly any rules would be changed. Its an approach adrl has had on almost all of its classes.

Dragzine did a good article on this a couple of weeks ago. http://www.dragzine.com/features/editorials-opinions/with-parity-lacking-where-is-extreme-10-5-headed/

Rollin on Dubs
07-07-2010, 09:25 PM
Billy Glidden wadded up his car at Topeka last weekend. Sounds like his return to outlaw 10.5 is questionable.

http://www.adrl.us/index.php/main/news

Scott
07-08-2010, 07:15 AM
yeah I heard about that one!! Maybe he'll bring out the old school fox body and start racing that again. Sucks to hear about though at least he's ok

Rollin on Dubs
07-08-2010, 08:57 PM
It looked like a pretty hard hit! Its getting to the point where outlaw 10.5 will have to run a pro mod style floater!

Scott
07-09-2010, 07:23 AM
With the amount of money in those outlaw 10.5 cars a floater would still be a drop in the bucket for them depending on which one of course. Tire shake is a bitch no matter what though, look at the top fuel driver "Antron Brown I believe" who lost a entire wheel and tire and that went flying and killed someone. Sometimes shit just happens