PDA

View Full Version : My new Daily... again

Clinical
06-17-2010, 02:22 PM
So, $800.. a couple hundred more than I was looking to spend but its a lot nicer than most others I've looked at.

+ It's something I already know how to work on. I've helped pull motors/trannies out of these a few times.

No issues other than needing an A/C pulley and belt to get the a/c back.
Speaking of which - anyone on here have one?

Base level, few options except P/S & A/C & Cruise Control. No other power options or anything.

I believe it's the D15 1.5L - perfect for delivery.
high miles, but its a honda.

Honda cancer is not bad on this at all.
Excited now that I can afford to start tearing apart the talon

My first real gas mileage car - although my laser did okay at 25city and 30 highway. But the talon also gets 21-22city and 28-31highway so idk.

But this managed 48mpg on the way home so I'm happy!

http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx294/C1inical/IMG_0917.jpg
http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx294/C1inical/IMG_0918.jpg
http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx294/C1inical/IMG_0921.jpg
http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx294/C1inical/IMG_0919.jpg
http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx294/C1inical/IMG_0920.jpg

Drifte
06-17-2010, 08:20 PM
sweet. subs and ironic bumper stickers and its the ideal delivery unit.

Michael_mx6_2gen
06-18-2010, 05:17 PM
If you want to get rid of it let me know. Even if its blown up

Clinical
06-19-2010, 12:45 AM
lol I'd almost consider it now that i'm quitting my job - but I'd only get rid of it for more than I payed for it because its really nice and either way its an awesome daily-driver.

It's so base optioned I love it!
No power steering as I originally thought it had, the manual rack just feels like power steering.
Then again I'm also used to driving the talon (no p/s) which takes more effort than a civic without power steering.
No power options at all. Has amazing heat, was told A/C worked great before the pulley went bad and he cut the belt.
Stereo is meh, its all stock but perfect for me as long as I can plug in my ipod with the $12 casette adapter :)
The only option I've noticed it really even has - is Cruise control which works great. Which I do really love since it'll probably see many road trips :)

Its a lot of fun, wish I had vtec though - i feel so robbed without having it, sometimes I just want to scream Vtec whenever I accelerate but then I remember I have no vtec :(

Michael_mx6_2gen
06-19-2010, 08:20 PM
Lol yeah I want a dx hatch so I can b18a1 with a b16z6 head on it. Supposed to rev 15 grand depending on how its set up. So just looking to find a dx to do it. I had a crx but too light even with a stock b18

Clinical
06-19-2010, 11:38 PM
Uhh, too light? Don't you want it to be light?

Well this thing is a lot of fun, just a few issues to take care of to make it pretty much perfect asides from little blemishes that can't be helped.

Michael_mx6_2gen
06-20-2010, 11:59 AM
Yeah you want it light but if you go too light either it'll never hook on the strip. Your best bet, put it on ebay. You'll more than likely double your money on the "bubble butt" bodystyle. Friend did that too his sold for 2200 and it was a little more rough but had the SI rear disc breaks on it. Just set your reserve at like 1 grand so if it goes lower you don't have to sell.

Clinical
06-24-2010, 03:17 PM
So you wanna buy it?
lol I quit my delivery job and could use the extra money to finish the talon haha

I'm getting bout as bad as SlownSteady now :P

Stutz
06-24-2010, 09:17 PM
Sell it and get a gtp i have two gtps for sale lol

Clinical
09-01-2010, 09:55 AM
Update on this BEAST!

Fixing the main issues the car has, the guy said these were why he was selling it cheap

Rear brakes / clutch issues during start of drive (was just low on fluid) / CV shafts.
Now shes really gonna be completely problem free!

Wouldn't mind finding a compressor to get A/C back either but i don't consider that an issue.

I think I may sell it after the winter and see if I can get 1-1.5k on it depending if I can find the 'right' buyer haha.
I'd like to get something a bit nicer for once for a daily. Something comfortable with power options a/c and not so small it's wrapped around me. I'd still need it to be gas efficient and reliable so I'm thinking along the lines of a Grand Prix (not a GTP, unless I found one really cheap under 2k)

I hate the stock civic seats, they kill my back after a night of driving it. Maybe its just my back issues, I hear other people that love them. Definitely going to drive this sob through the winter though, I can't think of a better winter beater.

sLoWnStEaDy
09-01-2010, 10:31 AM
I'm getting bout as bad as SlownSteady now :P

Not even close young grass hopper! 20+ cars in a year and you'd be getting close... :)

I'd buy this bad boy from you but that's too many miles for me.

Clinical
09-01-2010, 10:59 AM
When I saw this car's miles, I shrugged it off.

Mainly for one, its obviously has been owned by people who did necessary maintenance on it.
And I can't tell you how many of these civics I see at 250-300k+

And these motors are ridiculously cheap, and a swap is simpler than just about any other car.
So many people swap these d15's out for d16 / b / h series / etc etc (I don't know all the honda motor abbreviations) that the d15's I've seen for sale complete running with as low as 100k for less than $100

Hell it's the most problem free car I've had aside from the Subaru, and my Mustang had 80k, my alero had 92k, my laser had 114k, the firebird had around 60k on the motor and 120k on the body although I admittedly never had much issue with that car.. drove the piss out of it too. The talon I won't even mentioned since it gets beat on.

I took pretty good care of all of the above cars too, aside from the Mustang I really thrashed, although a lot of its issues came early on when I was nice to it.