PDA

View Full Version : WTB a Car Today! literally

Clinical
06-14-2010, 01:08 PM
So I'm selling my Subaru today all of a sudden.

And the talon is in no shape to be daily driven right now.

Me and my buddy are already coming to Cedar Rapids tonight to look at a car for him.
I'm wondering if anyone knows of any cars up there that are for sale right now?

I'm looking for CHEAP cars, cheap, reliable, drivable.
I have a couple in my sights already for around 600-800$.

I just want a beater.
Has to get decent gas mileage and something simple to work on ie: honda/s10/geo/toyota/ you know what I mean lol.

If you know of anything like this please text me or call if you want (319)601-6390
I'll be in CR tonight from around 5-8 or 9

Thanks all!

NewSpeedSteed
06-14-2010, 01:11 PM
Just got a great offer on th SVX or what man? Just wondering. GL with finding a beater, theres plenty of em out there its just finding the right one (that doesn't need a huge amount of tlc to be usable).

Clinical
06-14-2010, 02:04 PM
yeah $2700 for it and I payed $1900.. I'd been intending to sell it because I bought it with the intention of selling the talon and getting a bike but I decided to keep the talon and sell the subaru.

Now im in a bind though since the talon's headgasket is shot but I couldn't refuse making $800 profit on the damn thing.

85XR7Project
06-14-2010, 02:10 PM
Jeez man, if you were willing to come a bit more north you could buy my Honda, its a great car it just needs a few things. I'd consider nearly any offer.

Clinical
06-14-2010, 02:37 PM
Do you think it'd be able to make it back to Burlington on its own and be able to be a solid delivery car? lol I just gotta make sure I can drive it. I can work with a few issues but nothing that I'd need to rip into seriously before I go to work tomorrow.

nick88
06-14-2010, 09:28 PM
I have a 88 2.8 s10, 5spd, 4wd, check my forsale thread. I just bought a new tail pipe and catback for it, not put on yet and I am gonna get new plugs, wires and cap soon.

will make it to cedar rapids, brought it back from ottumwa to des moines with no problems

Clinical
06-14-2010, 10:16 PM
Well damn, car I had found turned out to have a blown headgasket and she didn't tell me.

Well looks like I'm delivering in the talon tomorrow with a blown headgasket haha.

What's the lowest you'd go on that s10?
I'm on an extreme budget trying to fix my talon and build the head and at the same time get a daily.

nick88
06-14-2010, 10:35 PM
pm me

DustinsDuster
06-15-2010, 03:43 AM
Well damn, car I had found turned out to have a blown headgasket and she didn't tell me.

Well looks like I'm delivering in the talon tomorrow with a blown headgasket haha.

I'm on an extreme budget trying to fix my talon and build the head and at the same time get a daily.

theres a kid on DS that has a rebuilt head for sale for around $100-$150 i believe. goes by The Laser.

85XR7Project
06-15-2010, 06:13 AM
Yeah Im not really sure whats wrong with the Honda, I drove it around the block and it kept cutting out off and on. I was thinking about taking a look at it again though.

Clinical
06-15-2010, 10:32 AM

theres a kid on DS that has a rebuilt head for sale for around $100-$150 i believe. goes by The Laser.

My head is fine on the talon, it's just the headgasket - but considering I'm getting close to the limits of the stock head I figure I'd just waste time if I dont go ahead and build it while its off.

Let me know on the honda, I'm going to try to make a purchase the next day off that I have.

85XR7Project
06-15-2010, 10:43 AM
Yeah I have a hunch that I will be checking out today so I will keep you posted

Stutz
06-15-2010, 12:42 PM
My ex gf is selling my old 97 grand prix gt. 207k and needs a window 700 bucks. or one of my roommates has a dodge van he would sell for 500

Clinical
06-15-2010, 01:39 PM
Interested in more info on the Grand Prix.

Dodge van not really just because I'm a delivery driver - need to have something with half-way decent gas mileage.

sLoWnStEaDy
06-15-2010, 04:10 PM
Interested in more info on the Grand Prix.

Dodge van not really just because I'm a delivery driver - need to have something with half-way decent gas mileage.

might be a 4-banger or something... may be one of those Turbo 2.5L's! I wish I could get my hands on one of those! LOL

Shoulda bought my '89 Accord, 35MPG and ran like dream!

Clinical
06-15-2010, 08:41 PM
at the time i was just too short on money.

Now I've sold the subaru so I can do it.
I really wish I could of got your accord but oh well, it happens

I'm really desperately looking now, the talon definitely is in bad shape and I shouldn't be driving it. Having to deliver in it is going to kill me. I don't have a fuckin day off till Sunday - I'm so pissed.

Trying to find something I can pick up in the morning.

sLoWnStEaDy
06-15-2010, 08:46 PM
at the time i was just too short on money.

Now I've sold the subaru so I can do it.
I really wish I could of got your accord but oh well, it happens

I'm really desperately looking now, the talon definitely is in bad shape and I shouldn't be driving it. Having to deliver in it is going to kill me. I don't have a fuckin day off till Sunday - I'm so pissed.

Trying to find something I can pick up in the morning.

Out of curiosity, why not just throw a head gasket on the Talon? shouldn't take more than a couple hours...

Clinical
06-15-2010, 08:59 PM
Well its the matter of ordering it and having the head resurfaced.. either way it isnt something I could do until I have a day off. The only shop here is really good and fairly priced but will take at least a week to resurface the damn thing.

+ I really don't want to go through all the trouble of pulling the head when I have cams/springs/retainers to go in and have to do it all again to install everything.

96-eclipse-gst
06-15-2010, 09:51 PM
Got a 87 Oldsmobile Calais 2.5 liter 4 cylinder motor. I have three cars right now. The calais has been in my family for like a decade. Runs and drives. Interior is good, has a cd player etc. Could use some rear brakes. Tires are good. I'm just looking to get $400 obo.

Drifte
06-15-2010, 09:53 PM
the multi layer gaskets we stock can be re used or re-torqued. You can check head plain and if its not warped torque it back down and your done. Head gasket can be done in under an hour on that car.