PDA

View Full Version : Well, MO BS

69gt4speed
06-03-2010, 10:21 AM
I would have mentioned this earlier, but I was really upset last night. BS I say now I will feel for sure like a dog turd..... TAlking to them on facebook, what they told me word for word......First 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 4V In The 10's N/A - 10.97@ 124MPH - 1.49 60ft...Will have video maybe tonight...

Even 03's can't do that w/o the s/c and weight reduction... So this thing has stock cams, intake, t/b, and whatever else. Camaros can't do this only some vettes w ranger driving... And this is a lot cheaper..Looks like it is a winner to me and I'm right on target, I figured take maybe this fall though.. Oh forgot to mention they put a much bigger nitrous jet in than the 100hp and as you heard the damn thing is still running...

snickerlicker
06-03-2010, 11:32 AM
The Camaro boys won't like that!!! And it's only been out for a month?? Wow, impressive for sure. I call that doorin ass with class!!

69gt4speed
06-03-2010, 04:50 PM
Yes since it is a whole new engine they have no real parts but cat backs, suspension, tires, nitrous, pretty much it and evo has tuning available as far as I know. Idk maybe messing w cam settings and some weight reduction. Got me. New video see for yourself....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c62zJ-4Bo48

Caleb
06-03-2010, 06:28 PM
I just wonder how long the stock rear end and parts can take that hard launching abuse. I guess well see.

black88gt
06-03-2010, 07:00 PM
I just wonder how long the stock rear end and parts can take that hard launching abuse. I guess well see.

when have there been issues w/ the 8.8 even since its inception? its not a 10 bolt.

69gt4speed
06-03-2010, 09:24 PM
Scotty has a 8.8 rear end both his and gt I believe are 31 spline axles and Scotty goes 8's w a auto. What some ppl do is cut the end off and weld on 9" ends to get rid of c clips.
Anyway enough of that crap look here... Now if dealer puts this on full factory warranty. 11/1 compression mind you stock mtr. And if you look at evoperform sig you will see 5 2011's, 1 v6, 2 reg gt's, a gt500 and one tt turbo gt.
S/c video
http://www.youtube.com/user/FordRacingParts

snickerlicker
06-03-2010, 09:35 PM
Big HP and Allgo go 8's on an 8.8 rear also. GM peeps hate that...

FiFdYnUtZ
06-04-2010, 11:39 AM
yeah, one thing ford can do right is build a rear end, i'll give them that...

snickerlicker
06-04-2010, 12:45 PM
And make it easy to get in the 8's too...

Scott
06-04-2010, 01:15 PM
yeah Im just running some standard mosier 250$ dollar 31 spline axles with stock 8.8 ends and c-clip eliminators. cheap junk but works good!! mid 1.2 60's with a little bottle

snickerlicker
06-04-2010, 02:37 PM
^ that's what I'm talking about!!

Caleb
06-06-2010, 10:55 AM
Bleh, I need a cheapy but good rear end for my 'bird :(

69gt4speed
06-07-2010, 09:13 AM
I don't think there is such a thing for your car. Can't pull nothing out of junkyard. So then might as well do 9". At least you could swap gears easy. If a auto you have, wouldn't worry, what that thing Mike and I have.. Stick yes. Those just can't put out enough power w auto to worry w/o aftermarket stuff. I can't believe how thin the cylinder heads are on the deck. No wonder the old 400 heads cracked.

Anyway this engine for a 5 litre is a beast, back in 72 no fkn way it could put out +400 hp w only 5.0l and get 25 mpg. Well if it could actually idle decent. Hotrod mag tried, ford and chevy w boss 302 and 302 z28. Just got rid of that issue. So big improvement, these engines. And if you can tune the cam w software mo or less that's pretty cool. Appears we can get +450 hp w tuning. That would take a huge cam back in the 60's or early 70's. Idk if a old 5.0 could do it w aftermarket parts, get 25 mpg and idle decent. Be tough n/a.

69gt4speed
06-07-2010, 09:36 AM
And that is without d/i.. Looking into d/i, take the taurus sho, you are limited by the injectors, there are no larger sizes easily available. So myself stick w old intake injection, swap injectors if needed, no problem. Right now the taurus sho v6 w d/i is limited for fuel so fk that. New camaro v6 same issue. I was real happy the new 5.0 was reg injectors as there are 160# injectors easily available.

I don't know but seems like the engineers already knew that and gave us the way to easily put in larger injectros by Joe Avg. A lot of lil things make a winner... If this was a xxx v8 I would talk about it and have before. We will see what a
8# whipple s/c and turbo will put down soon. We have seen what a small amount of n2o does.

Caleb
06-07-2010, 02:15 PM
I don't think there is such a thing for your car. Can't pull nothing out of junkyard. So then might as well do 9". At least you could swap gears easy. If a auto you have, wouldn't worry, what that thing Mike and I have.. Stick yes. Those just can't put out enough power w auto to worry w/o aftermarket stuff.

I have an auto in my car, but a initially cheap rear end to get and start building up.

But I think I might have one in mind.

69gt4speed
06-07-2010, 09:01 PM
Well like I said a auto is fine even at track. Ed and whoever can confirm that red camaro was fine even on spray going mid 10's w that 7.5. I sure wouldn't worry on the street unless it wheel hops then put that tq arm bushing in. Sorry man I see its a 3rd gen I haven't even looked under that iroc of ours to see rear setup. Anyway bushings or arms usually fix stick axle stuff. Myself I really like the s197 stangs 3 link w aftermarket arms, they hook up and don't seem to bind.

I'm the one that has broke 2 times and worry, fkn crappy irs bs. Last time at cfr did a 4k launch off spray ran a 11.85. Now I need a hi 10 really bad as the dogs are biting my heels for that trophy. I wish I could w magic get this car to 2800# like my old fox. Then it could do ok w/o breaking crap.