PDA

View Full Version : new speed cameras comming

z28z34man
05-22-2010, 04:09 AM
just heard on the news that there is going to be speed cameras on I380 North at the s curves. it going go live in 2 weeks and and south bound will come after that.

Domestic Disturbance
05-22-2010, 03:36 PM
yup, theyve been talkin about it for awhile. Those cameras as well as the other few already up have a projected 700k+ income this year. fuckin gay

69gt4speed
05-22-2010, 07:06 PM
Thanx, I drive that all the time. Even a ford can go that fast..

LT1Dan
05-22-2010, 10:33 PM
The NB cameras are behind the signs at the Diagonal Dr. exit. You can see them if you're going SB and look at the back of the NB sign. I was told the SB cameras are behind the overhead signs at the St Lukes exit. I haven't seen the SB ones personally so I'm not for sure.

Supposedly they are set to take pictures for 5 over and more.

Caleb
05-23-2010, 10:31 AM
What ever happened to the flow of traffic rule they teach you in the manuals? This sounds like another arrogant way just to control and make money off of people who drive their cars. Its bullshit.

z28z34man
05-23-2010, 09:21 PM
Even a ford can go that fast..

are you sure about that? ha

lucky i am south bound on my way to work so for now i am ok as long as i take my time coming home for now but who knows when the south bound will get the cameras

Ricky
05-24-2010, 12:53 PM
fucking gay! they are going to have cameras everywhere soon and its only for money not for safety. Fucking big brother at it again....

What pisses me off more is they are using my tax money to put the cameras up so i can pay more... fuck CR

LT1Dan
05-24-2010, 03:11 PM
There aren't any SB cameras yet so ignore what I said about those up there ^^^^.

I think the speed cameras are just a money grab and are going to cause more congestion on 380 as everyone tries to slam on the brakes before the cameras and then gun it after they pass.

On the other hand, I have no problem with redlight cameras. There is no reason anybody should be running redlights. It's stupid and dangerous.

Ricky
05-25-2010, 07:15 AM
On the other hand, I have no problem with redlight cameras. There is no reason anybody should be running redlights. It's stupid and dangerous.

I do agree with you there

69gt4speed
05-25-2010, 10:57 AM
Hey btw my radar det picked up a new signal (k1) on the 5 in 1 right where going north over river and first over the road structure is. Look at it and it has like 4 cameras on north side. So they have it working and that is a 55 zone. Plenty of money to be made I suppose.

DragonUSMC
05-25-2010, 11:21 AM
well if i was a cop thats where i would put them... i dont roll through CR much anymore obviously but even a few weeks ago when i was up there i was doing 65 and didnt even notice it.... its really easy to speed through there.

Also a 55 mph zone on a 3 lane interstate is pretty dumb as well but thats another debate.

Domestic Disturbance
05-25-2010, 11:39 AM
Looks like I'll have to pull the plate to fly through there like its the indy 500. Josh it looks like you cant take the yellow cobra through there at 140+ anymore.

Clinical
05-25-2010, 02:03 PM
Haha suckers, that's why its nice to live in broke ass tiny towns like Burlington where they can't even afford to fix their traffic lights when they break, and the police cars with dents and scrapes all over them!!!

But jk, I wish I could live in Iowa City or Cedar Rapids.. but I don't have money for a move let alone to support myself until I found a job :(

Some day though, either CR/IC/DSM that or I'll move south!

but it sucks they gotta pull this shit just to take money from us

DragonUSMC
05-25-2010, 05:52 PM
in all honesty it improves alot of what the city can afford. Especially with still trying to recover from the flood.

The speed cameras in Davenport helped pay for the new skate park, repairing the library, and getting new police to stop the crime in Davenport.

its not all bad, yes and no, big brother, etc... but if you dont speed, then it doesnt matter.

Ricky
05-26-2010, 07:27 AM
i do speed :(

Jappbox
05-27-2010, 06:21 AM
its only a matter of time before people get pissed off and start shoting or throwing rocks at those camreas in the middle of the night.

Ricky
05-27-2010, 08:40 AM
or hacking into them! I cant wait for someone to shut the system down and wipe all the information clean :)