PDA

View Full Version : May 28th Cordova Midnight Mayhem - Anyone going?

Clinical
05-17-2010, 11:47 AM
Just wondering if anyone here is planning on making it up for the first midnight mayhem?

Always like to put more names to faces on here!

I'm psyched to see how the talon does at 22psi, hoping I don't come upon any sudden issues.

mustangturbo50
05-17-2010, 08:28 PM
i would love to go if i could find a carb for my mustang..... it is the last piece to the puzzle.

69gt4speed
05-18-2010, 12:37 AM
Hell no last time I went almost crashed cause antifreeze on track at the 2/3 gear change. Took them 45 min. to clean it up. Scared me quite a bit at that speed. Ran a 12.4 or so. We have had nothing but bad luck at those. Halfshaft, anti freeze, blown mtr (Adams). If a real slow car be fun I guess.

Clinical
05-18-2010, 01:29 AM
man rob im kinda surprised.

I always hear of Cordova being one of the better tracks, I know I love it - my friend took his civic to Cedar Falls for the first time and didn't like it compared to Cordova, said it seemed like the guys just didnt care that much.

Could always give it another chance? lol I've always wanted to see your car - but yeah I understand, having a couple issues like that would probably keep me away too

FiFdYnUtZ
05-18-2010, 09:27 AM
anything making decent power is probably going to struggle to hook at one of these events, all the tards running their mom's camry or dads f150 go down the track with dirty ass street tires and i dont think they prep at all for these events...but they are still fun to go to imo...

slo4cyl
05-18-2010, 02:14 PM
I would like to go but thats a ways away for me to just watch and next weekend is a really busy weekend for me. grad parties and a family reunion... yay me. At least there will be free food

Ricky
05-18-2010, 02:18 PM
i need to get my boost controller on and play with my tune before i go back to the track

z28z34man
05-19-2010, 03:32 AM
wish i could but i am working

slo4cyl
05-19-2010, 02:13 PM
i need to get my boost controller on and play with my tune before i go back to the track

When you get all that done, come to the track with me and we'll have a re-match. You might have me this year :rock:

69gt4speed
05-19-2010, 11:05 PM
man rob im kinda surprised.

I always hear of Cordova being one of the better tracks, I know I love it - my friend took his civic to Cedar Falls for the first time and didn't like it compared to Cordova, said it seemed like the guys just didnt care that much.

Could always give it another chance? lol I've always wanted to see your car - but yeah I understand, having a couple issues like that would probably keep me away too

Track has been slick everytime on those night races so I'd rather go to cfr during the day. Just bad luck also. Sorry. I just don't want to do the night deal after the antifreeze deal. Any those night deals at cordova or cfr have been crap cause they don't prep the track. Might as well go to c st. about the same.

Ricky
05-20-2010, 07:50 AM

When you get all that done, come to the track with me and we'll have a re-match. You might have me this year :rock:

HAHAHA yeah cuz i was sooooooooooooo close last time. At least we were neck and neck through 1st....

O and i figured out what table i had to change.... kinda of a DUH moment but she holds 21psi at 11.2 a/f :) no knock or knock correction so im going to ever so slowly bump that up. Its A LOT faster then it was in its 13.8 days.... at least the butt dyno thinks so. :butthead:

Clinical
05-20-2010, 08:16 AM
If you ever take it to Cordova sometime let me know, might be a fun race with me being at 22psi :)

I'm sure the talon will still remember it's rival from when you and colton ran :P

Ricky
05-20-2010, 09:18 AM
will do. I think it would be nice for her to run again an old friend

Drifte
05-20-2010, 12:18 PM
yea, you guys can follow me in the foz.

Clinical
05-20-2010, 12:53 PM
Alrighty sounds like fun haha

check your PM's drifte, lol need to know if I can come up this weekend or not :P