PDA

View Full Version : some one did a big wheelie today.....

68nova
05-15-2010, 08:48 PM
Guess who?

Deimos
05-15-2010, 08:55 PM
house of hook

NitrousMike
05-15-2010, 09:45 PM
George im sure.

Clinical
05-15-2010, 10:33 PM
Yes, george's wheelie was sick!

Cracked the oil pan and left an oil slick down the track but it was worth it haha! video coming! I'm sure others have better vids

Clinical
05-15-2010, 10:43 PM
Here she is!
Fifdy oughta have a better vid as well as that was his head that moved in front of me lol!!
http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx294/C1inical/th_GeorgeWheelie.jpg (http://s765.photobucket.com/albums/xx294/C1inical/?action=view&current=GeorgeWheelie.flv)

StreetSweeper
05-15-2010, 11:17 PM
LoL, sucks i came down on the pan. everything happened so quick i didnt no what was going on. All i know is it came up and i heard a weird noise, not realizing how high i was and i thought somthing was going to go wrong so i wanted to bring it down and started to pedel it so it wouldnt slam down and as fast as everything was going on i forgot to realize that the minn i dissengaged the WOT nitrous switch it would slam down like that. Come to find out the weird noise was my bumper draging. All in all it was somthing i have been wanting for a long time and im proud to say the underside of my rear bumper has kissed the 1320! Now i just gotta fix the pan and figure out how to tame this thing down out of the hole! Bad ass vid soon to come!

69gt4speed
05-15-2010, 11:23 PM
Heard about it doing that.. Hope all is good besides minor stuff. Remember us talking about wheelies a while back. You were afraid u would go too hi then...

allgo
05-15-2010, 11:50 PM
Congrats to you george, but after today I am going to take some time off of the old drag racing, to many little problems with the car lately, if it isnt boost its the tranny, and after the yellow mustang crashed tonight I think some of us should think how fast is to fast....

Scott
05-16-2010, 12:05 AM
Yeah watching that yellow mustang hit the wall made me sick to my stomach, had to leave after that and get the thought out of my head!! Let us know if you find out how he's doin I know they had to air lift him out

JacobS
05-16-2010, 01:08 AM
Congrats to you george, but after today I am going to take some time off of the old drag racing, to many little problems with the car lately, if it isnt boost its the tranny, and after the yellow mustang crashed tonight I think some of us should think how fast is to fast....

my heart sunk when we heard that had happend on the way home. i was speechless...

i got some pretty sweet pictures of a lot of wheels up passes. ill have to see how they all turned out.

o allgo, do you need an alarm clock? youre sleeping at the light! :sleep: haha just kidding. congrats on everything you did today. and congrats to george. made my 3 hour trip worth while! :)

68nova
05-16-2010, 09:20 AM

Was the driver ok?

StreetSweeper
05-16-2010, 09:23 AM
I read on the true street forum they released him from the hospital, he had a lot of dizziness, hurt his hand and had a concussion. But other then that looks like he is in good spirits the morning according to Beckey.

OldSkoolRCR
05-16-2010, 09:57 AM
Congrats to Allgo for going tp the semi finals in True Street 10.5... Was a fucked up day, from Allgo's issues and getting there 1/2 before qualifying, to George dragging the bumper and cracking the pan, and the bad crash at the end of the night, maybee time to just sit back and relax for a while and do something different.

StreetSweeper
05-16-2010, 10:12 AM
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/streetsweeper_01/WheelsUp.jpg

ZEE
05-16-2010, 10:44 AM
Madman Racing has those 'Save Your Ass Bars'. They protect your headers and pan on those bad landings.

Clinical
05-16-2010, 10:50 AM
Thats an awesome picture, wish I had of recorded from there!!!

Vitoman
05-16-2010, 10:58 AM
George- that is definately a pic you need to blow up huge and hang on the wall! I looked for you guys yesterday when I go there but never did dee you or your Ed and I missed that pass. Got a bunch of passes on video, my favorite is one just like your wheelie with the black cobra that was there, I was sure he hit the wall and when we went to go see him and the damage to see if he needed help he didnt hit the wall! I couldnt believe it!

I really dont know what happened with the yellow car. Ive been around that guy at different events for YEARS and I still dont understand what he was doing. He went from 9.50s in qualifying to 7.90s in eliminations. Either he got something major figured out pretty quickly or was doing some MAJOR sandbagging! His last two passes were all over the place, the car just didnt seem right. He was really doing some starting line games too, wether they were on purpose or accidentally, it was quite obvious something wasnt right. He was coming like a freighttrain at the end and I thought he was gonna beat that guy and then it looked like he overcorrected a sway and he drilled that concrete retainer so hard it pushed it three feet away from its location. We were down there to see if we could help and they didnt want to pull him out until fire/ rescue was there and lifeflight. I hate to see it happen to ANYONE. And with that being said we can alll check ourselves and make sure were prepared for whatever. I sure hope no one decides to hang it up because I really want to be racing with you guys all summer long. This is a good reality check for all of us to help us know our limits. I really enjoyed watching yesterday and wish I woulda had the car there. Watching it all go down yesterday made me realize a few things also. 1 Its early in the seaon and most had some bugs to work out, no bigh deal. 2 We are getting plenty fast, most of the local cars were hanging pretty well and some of the cars I wished I was as fast of in years past were runing times pretty similar to waht Ive ran in the past! 8>50s is my cutoff. Thats plenty

OldSkoolRCR
05-16-2010, 11:12 AM
Madman Racing has those 'Save Your Ass Bars'. They protect your headers and pan on those bad landings.

Thats not a happening any more, I am going to tighten up the suspension and if I have to put limiters on it. I love that picture though with both George and Allgo, PRICLESS.

StreetSweeper
05-16-2010, 11:52 AM
I left a few minn before the crash happened but Dad called me when i was on my way home and told me abouit and i had this nasty feeling in my gut for the whole drive home. I think shit is starting to get out of controll, I deffinentaly have to get the suspension changed up because its simply to violent ouf of the gate with the changes we made to the set up this winter. Only thing is we havent touched the suspension set up for 2 years cause it allways left great, guess now its a little much and we will have to start tweaking it some more. Other then that the car feels like its ready to rip.

FiFdYnUtZ
05-16-2010, 06:38 PM
heres the vid ally took with my camera from the stands...

http://s73.photobucket.com/albums/i213/ ... eet035.flv (http://s73.photobucket.com/albums/i213/FiFdYnUtZ/?action=view&current=TrueStreet035.flv)

DustinsDuster
05-16-2010, 08:05 PM
hope you had a change of pants George! awesome wheelie, looked like a hell of a ride.

K-ville
05-17-2010, 08:53 PM

I can honestly say I NEVER THOUGHT ID HEAR YOU SAY THAT!