PDA

View Full Version : for Rob (2011 GT vs. BONE stock ls1)

FiFdYnUtZ
05-14-2010, 03:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2fo3KHupBM

and some flame reading for those who are bored:
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/multimedi ... a-fun.html (http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/multimedia-exchange/1280551-2011-gt-vs-stock-ls1-gonna-fun.html)

sorry Rob :)

snickerlicker
05-14-2010, 08:11 PM
Nothin like the mullet LS1 Camaro guys rockin out to the 80's heavy metal music. Oh the irony of that...

FiFdYnUtZ
05-14-2010, 08:52 PM
Nothin liike whippin ford's golden boys ass in a car 13 years older stock for stock with a mullet while listening to metal ;)

snickerlicker
05-15-2010, 12:52 AM
Nothin like making a post before you actually read the thread... the guy admitted the camaro wasn't bone stock....and the Mustang is his also. Guess he's getting smart. You might someday too.

FiFdYnUtZ
05-15-2010, 08:21 AM
Lol my bad...shoulda read the whole thing..

ZEE
05-15-2010, 03:53 PM
The remark in the thread saying it wasn't stock was not the owner. Just some BS post. The owner owns both cars. The Camaro is stock. The Mustang had the traction control on. If it was off it probably would have been a different outcome.

Domestic Disturbance
05-15-2010, 05:43 PM
Rather have a mullet than a girls car :neener:

sparkles
05-15-2010, 06:37 PM
OMG. The Mullet mobile had a lid. BFD. The Mustang even got the hit. Cry on. :roll:

69gt4speed
05-15-2010, 07:00 PM
I don't know about the new gt's however take my 03 it had some kind of rpm limiter till it got 25/50 mi on it. He said it was cutting out....and left tc on. Why I got rid of mine in the tune..You had to turn it off each time you started it. Next I'd put at least 500 mi on it before I beat it hard. I know the new gt has several gear ratios to choose from for like $200.00. I'd take 3.73 for a n/a engine, owner said it had 3.31's... But I'm a dumb azz stang boy that doesn't know sh-t.... and drives worse. Hell anyone decent could get a hi 10 in my car.

Kitch you told me you were getting a mullet how bout the bank later tonight so I can check it out.. :supz:

Sledge_WS6
05-16-2010, 08:51 PM
I guess the only way we'll know for sure is if someone buys a 2011 and brings it to the streets here in CR. Brandon's got a Catback only LS1 Car, we'll see what goes down (minus the LS6 intake that SS would have had).
*In the end, we're comparing decade old technology to brand-spankin' new stuff. I'll be glad to go find an SN95 5.0L and smack it around some, have Kitch video tape, and post it on Youtube :D Chevrolet will end up doing something about the weight issue, but how soon is another question.
**Back to the 11 second stang video, that 30rwhp gain wasn't the only thing that was changed, you're gonna be messing with shift points, afr, etc so that really isn't a fair representation of the average 5.0L. Just my 2 cents. It's amazing, but I'm not gonna see it on the street.

69gt4speed
05-16-2010, 08:56 PM
For what its worth.. Here is a dyno run on a dynojet of the 2011 that lost to the ls1 at 270mi instead of 8mi on it. Notice the tune is crap you def can get some power there. I'm surprised it ran at all 15.?/1 w 364 whp. It did hit the 145mph speed limiter in 5th gear 1/1.

No excuses sh-t happens. So checkel I say hold off a bit. I'm sure ppl w get some mi, exp and do ok.. I beat a 9 sec. 1k bike once off a dig..

I know u were joking around as the biggest ls1 fan on here. Oh yea strickly is getting some tuning software too and tune this 2011 up. Right now Jon lund has the only software in country. I would have thought w wb o2 sensors it would be better, maybe some are idk.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIZNEz9b-EI

69gt4speed
05-16-2010, 10:19 PM
you're gonna be messing with shift points, afr, etc so that really isn't a fair representation of the average 5.0L. Just my 2 cents. It's amazing, but I'm not gonna see it on the street.

Well first thing I'd do is the big 4. Tune, exh, cai, and tires. I'd say prob mustang and camaro ppl mod more than anyone. The tune is for safety, whp and speed limiter, well worth the $. Then I'd spray the stang to make sure. Oh yea 15inch wheels worked perfectly as is, try that on a new camaro or my 03. My 03 came w exhaust @1200mi, I did the other crap mentioned, plus a 2.9 pulley for 12#, it runs ok.

And I'm old and been known to jack around a bit on the street. So I wouldn't count on anything. I don't w f body or stang guys. Look at Zee it isn't stock. I could go on and on. Always expect a azz whippin, do best you can. Then mod it if too slow.