PDA

View Full Version : 2011 gt goes 11's w tires and tune.

69gt4speed
05-13-2010, 01:19 PM
Big news I guess about 50,000 views in 4 days. Ya and that gt pulls the front tire. This was done w the stick, stock 3.73's, or x, and catback and the Jon Lund tune worth +30 whp. With stock tires and then mt's. So far all I have predicted is right on.... The 5.0 is back. Now lets spray that biach get a hi 10. New ones launch lot better than my 03.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qc4Xb7G1ck

snickerlicker
05-13-2010, 01:26 PM
Those cars dominate!

stangvortech
05-13-2010, 03:12 PM
hell yea!!

slow ride
05-13-2010, 03:34 PM
Looks good to me. Nice to start out with a solid rear end, no swaping, etc. Just remember that was at Atco in the spring so the air and track are at there best. I think I'd be happy running 1/2 sec slower and 5mph less with the same parts around here.

69gt4speed
05-13-2010, 03:56 PM
^ you got that right, they said bogarts fit w hardly any issue, wish my 03 was like that. 30 whp w a tune and a few parts is fairly good also, it isn't tapped out yet. Seems that tranny gearing is pretty good. Oh yea it's 31 spline also for the rear. Yes I'm impressed. About time. Since the 03 we had no cheap fast stangs till now.

slow ride
05-13-2010, 05:16 PM
Even though they will be expensive I'd like to see what some of the cam companies come up with. Anyone have flow numbers on the heads? If you can keep the valvetrain stable to 8k or so you could still make some killer NA power with the right parts.

69gt4speed
05-13-2010, 05:57 PM
The valve train is a minature 4v setup ala dsm. They made it that way for less weight, smaller I think than a dsm.. It has ford stock reg 4v springs (good to 7k reg 4v). Flow numbers suppose to beat anything to .475 lift (what the cams are). The intake ports are straighter/more vertical w the minature valve train. Suppose to flow better than ls3/l92 or ford gt heads. I said suppose none have hit the s flow bench yet. So 8k capable stock and higher flow than a yates 2v head at .475 lift. We will see. Huge amount for a 5.0L engine.

FiFdYnUtZ
05-14-2010, 03:11 PM
here ya go rob...BONE stock ls1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2fo3KHupBM

snickerlicker
05-14-2010, 08:14 PM
Bone stock my ass. Allgo's Cobra is bone stock too you know??!!

FiFdYnUtZ
05-14-2010, 08:54 PM
Lmao it has been verified that it only has a lid over and over in the forums...in denial?

69gt4speed
05-14-2010, 11:16 PM
Lmao, typical f body/mustang guy, bone stock Ok? Heres what the owner finally admitted, you guys never read sh-t, well maybe Scott does.. Anyhow why did this become a stang/ f body pissing match? Get what you like, I was just showing what evolution did, never mentioned f body.

I own the camaro and its not stock okay guys it has full exhaust arp heads upper intake 75 shot and programmer . I barely? won he let go. I got to get me a FORD now ....

There you have it from the owner Lmao, nitrous, etc., etc. fk that is almost as bad as my car.

snickerlicker
05-15-2010, 01:02 AM
I guess Tinynutz forgot to mention those mods... LOL

DustinsDuster
05-15-2010, 01:23 AM
too bad Chevy and Chrysler wont take a cue from Ford and start making their "pony cars" lighter. the mustang might have some competition then.

ZEE
05-15-2010, 09:01 AM
Lmao, typical f body/mustang guy, bone stock Ok? Heres what the owner finally admitted, you guys never read sh-t, well maybe Scott does.. Anyhow why did this become a stang/ f body pissing match? Get what you like, I was just showing what evolution did, never mentioned f body.

I own the camaro and its not stock okay guys it has full exhaust arp heads upper intake 75 shot and programmer . I barely? won he let go. I got to get me a FORD now ....

There you have it from the owner Lmao, nitrous, etc., etc. fk that is almost as bad as my car.

Anybody could have posted that remark. On LS1tech the real owner still swears it is stock.

Quote from the previous engine owner. Quote-
The SS is a 2001 with 90k miles or thereabouts. The engine in it was mine and is out of a 2002 SS and has about 30k miles on it. The engine is stock other than a whisper lid on it. It has stock manifolds, stock cats, stock exhaust. It put down 334rwhp when it was in my car with 15k miles on it through the center exit SLP exhaust. Matt's car doesn't have that exhaust, but I doubt that effects the power output. I ran a 12.89 in my car with the motor and the stock F1s.

The 5.0 had 8.6 miles on it when we left the dealership. We literally filled up and then ran. The car isn't broken in - AT ALL. Give her some time to loosen up and she'll pick up some speed. The traction control wasn't fully turned off in the 5.0 on the runs either. We didn't know you have to be stopped, brake on, hold the button down for 10 seconds, spin and top and spit out the window to fully disable it. That will make a difference as the 5.0 was cutting out on shifts.

He can post in here what he feels on driving, but I can say that he most certainly knows how to drive and he was running full out. With the traction control completely off the result will be different. Once it has some miles on the clock the result will be different. How different, who knows?

69gt4speed
05-15-2010, 02:21 PM
As far as fbody goes they are fine. I said that before.. keep your f body instead of getting a new camaro. Well you guys know livernois they do gm and fords, here's a new 5.0 dyno run on their dynojet and it put down 375 whp sae. Pretty damn stout stock. If you read guy is doing track racing w it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciAu8OlrFNI

Yea Zee you are right every dumb azz can and usually do put some bs in there. But I found it amusing last night drinking some wine. :biggrin:

69gt4speed
05-16-2010, 01:03 AM
Correction evo w the 2011 gt went 11.65 et sat. same car and setup at atco.. Probably some good air there as usual. Here at our tracks prob run a 12.0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B4aWSx_LY8