PDA

View Full Version : Anyone used POR-Strip??

sLoWnStEaDy
05-10-2010, 06:10 PM
made by the POR-15 people of course.... I have been looking around online and a lot of people are saying it is awesome but I thought i'd see if any locals have tried it at all. Just needing to strip the paint off the Capri and Mach One and I don't feel like doing it all with the DA

n8kerns
05-10-2010, 06:48 PM
I have thought about getting it since my Cougar is ridiculously rusted out, but I still can't believe it works as good as it says it does. Post up your results or before and after if you do get it.

Deimos
05-10-2010, 07:39 PM
didn
t work very good for me

sLoWnStEaDy
05-10-2010, 09:03 PM
didn
t work very good for me

any recommendations?

NewSpeedSteed
05-10-2010, 09:14 PM
This might not be helpful but where I use to work (as a painter) we used MEK (Methyl Ethyl Ketone) as our paint stripper and to flush the paint lines. It evaporates very fast and you really need to submerge the part(s) in it for a "quick strip" we would put in in buckets and use rags to scrub paint off. It worked pretty well- on wet or dry paint.

It is dangerous (try to avoid skin contact and it has been linked to cancers) so ventilation is a must. In complete honesty it probably isn't the best thing for stripping a car (its best for smaller parts and fiberglass and bondo work) but I just thought I'd toss it out there, it might just be a useful piece of information.

If you want to check it out its available at Menard's and paint stores (I'm sure Sherman Williams or like would have it).