PDA

View Full Version : Place to go off roading around here

Scott
04-24-2010, 05:31 PM
Is there a place to go offroad around here??

sLoWnStEaDy
04-24-2010, 06:14 PM
I don't know any but DO NOT go to the roller dam LOL
No matter what people say and no matter how many trails are down there, it is ILLEGAL! I have the tickets to prove it. Apparently they are trying to turn it into a "nice park" now or some shit...

Best luck we ever had was just hitting up some back woods country ass roads. "non maintained" and "B-level" roads I believe they are called.

Scott
04-24-2010, 06:39 PM
Thanks for the tip! I really wanted to go down there too, so wait, they let people do down there and fish and have fires but cant drive on the mud? Thats weird

sLoWnStEaDy
04-24-2010, 07:12 PM
Thanks for the tip! I really wanted to go down there too, so wait, they let people do down there and fish and have fires but cant drive on the mud? Thats weird

People go mudding down there all the time, just not "legally". fires are OK as long as they are not like 10ft tall (learned that the "hard" way too), fishing is recreation and allowed at any public park.

The only reason I got in trouble is because I got stuck and some bitch called the cops. Then, as I was getting pulled out i rubbed the telephone/power pole and the cops freaked out on me then I got REALLY mouthy and well, it didn't end well. I went to court and got out of the ticket because I said I had to swerve to miss another car and just ended up in the ditch. it was a bone stock Bronco at the time so they didn't think I was "dumb" enough to actually try going through the 4ft+ water/mud pit I was stuck in. For the record though, about a week later, I had 40"s and a 10" lift, went back and made that run my bitch.

http://www.imagechicken.com/uploads/1272161937014410200.jpg (http://www.imagechicken.com)

Domestic Disturbance
04-26-2010, 03:02 AM
Old Quaas Rd just south of Alburnett. Just west of Whittier theres one also, forget the name. Heads north off of county home rd.

CiviC_boY
04-28-2010, 08:44 PM
Wait you got a ticket you should have theres a sign posted up on a tree out there thats say cedar rapids something trails

Batwood
05-25-2010, 06:40 PM
Fletcher Road... off of Linn-Benton.

Stay away if its rained in the past few days though.....

Really deep ruts were going down the center of the damn thing when we got stuck the other night. It hadn't rained in 2 days at least and there was knee-deep mud in the center of the road.
Ended up stuck for 4 hours in my Mountaineer and Jed's diesel.

The F-350 4x4 on 35" Swampers was struggling.

I wanna go back... that was a BAD ASS ROAD!

Domestic Disturbance
05-25-2010, 11:03 PM
makes me wish i had a big truck

Krumm
05-28-2010, 01:56 PM
south side of greencastle ave.. if you cant find a good time out there, your not paying attention.