PDA

View Full Version : HUUUUGE freaking fireball

Scott
04-15-2010, 07:31 AM
Please tell me someone else saw that monsterous fireball going through the sky last night some where around 10:12PM I have seen shooting stars and stuff but it was NOTHING in comparison to this.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/tech/2 ... ideosearch (http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/tech/2010/04/15/ia.wi.fireball.lights.up.skies.cnn?iref=videosearc h)

Ricky
04-15-2010, 07:42 AM
nope i missed it and im PISSED! i was out riding the bike. I put the bike away at 10:00 and went inside! FUCK!

sLoWnStEaDy
04-15-2010, 07:44 AM
I was doing home work.... :(

Drifte
04-15-2010, 07:53 AM
I am so pissed I missed that!!! No excuse either, I just went inside and had the blinds closed.

Scott
04-15-2010, 08:10 AM
LOL Im just glad I had other witness's, I was sitting on the back porch drinking and talking with the girl and a friend and I noticed the front of the garage light up then all the sudden there it was flying through the sky, I said holy fuck look at that!! It was lit up long enough they both turned around and saw it for another second or so before it dissappeared behind the garage. It really amazed me how much detail you could see, actual orange colored tail and specs behind it, looked just like a very very large firework! I got on my phone and filled out some International Meteorite assoc form about the fireball and told them if I was the first one to see it I want the site of the impact to be called "Scott Crater"

Clinical
04-15-2010, 09:27 AM
we saw it in burlington

Drifte
04-15-2010, 10:04 AM
where did it impact?

SaNdMaNsSi
04-15-2010, 10:26 AM
My house. I'm dead.

FiFdYnUtZ
04-15-2010, 10:35 AM
I saw the whole thing when I was leaving work...fuckin crazy!!

Scott
04-15-2010, 11:13 AM
where did it impact?
I looked into it a little bit and sounds like it broke up into pieces and none were "believed" to be found.. So much for scott crater dammit!! There was also many reports of a prolonged sonic boom, along with houses and trees shaking. That was a little north of Hwy 20 aparently.

Ricky
04-15-2010, 11:31 AM
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! i wish i would have saw it!!!

LT1Dan
04-15-2010, 11:40 AM
I was going up 6th st. and saw it after work. It was fucking HUGE! I came in the house freaking out about it and my roommates thought I was crazy. lol Wish I would have heard the sonic boom though. That would be cool.

sLoWnStEaDy
04-15-2010, 12:08 PM
pretty good video of it from Elma, Iowa

http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/s ... 2F19441105 (http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/suspected-meteor-in-wisconsin/19441105?icid=main|main|dl1|link3|http%3A%2F%2Fwww .aolnews.com%2Fnation%2Farticle%2Fsuspected-meteor-in-wisconsin%2F19441105)

Talon92Fox
04-15-2010, 06:39 PM
A few buddies and I were setting up a bonfire when we saw it, at first I thought it was lightning but the sky was clear so I looked into it a little later. Wonder if we should have been notified or something if a meteor gets that close.

FiFdYnUtZ
04-15-2010, 06:46 PM
i remembering it being a lot more vivid in person in comparison to the video, i could the the ball of rock/trail etc pretty clearly!

LT1Dan
04-15-2010, 07:54 PM
A few buddies and I were setting up a bonfire when we saw it, at first I thought it was lightning but the sky was clear so I looked into it a little later. Wonder if we should have been notified or something if a meteor gets that close.

There is no possible way that anyone can track everything that enters earths atmosphere. I read somewhere that the various space agencies around the world have enough equipment and such to scan less than 1% of the sky for things like this. They are more concerned with trying to find the "planet killers" anyways. And they say they can't even be sure that they'll know ones going to hit before it's to late. The odds of it happening are extremely slim but the odds of humans finding out in time to do something are even less. Thats what I've seen and heard at least about the subject.

LT1Dan
04-15-2010, 07:56 PM
i remembering it being a lot more vivid in person in comparison to the video, i could the the ball of rock/trail etc pretty clearly!

Yeah, it was incredible how close it looked. After it broke up I was second guessing whether or not it was really a meteorite or just someone fucking around with fireworks.

Talon92Fox
04-15-2010, 10:36 PM

There is no possible way that anyone can track everything that enters earths atmosphere. I read somewhere that the various space agencies around the world have enough equipment and such to scan less than 1% of the sky for things like this. They are more concerned with trying to find the "planet killers" anyways. And they say they can't even be sure that they'll know ones going to hit before it's to late. The odds of it happening are extremely slim but the odds of humans finding out in time to do something are even less. Thats what I've seen and heard at least about the subject.

How do we know? Look at Area 51, if they're keeping that a secret then we obviously dont know as much as they do. There has to be some company that pretty much reads space and knows whats going on. Never know.

sLoWnStEaDy
04-15-2010, 11:01 PM
it was an amburlamps

Ricky
04-16-2010, 08:45 AM
it was an amburlamps

:)