PDA

View Full Version : Anybody get a vid of Regal vs Turbo Mustang?

Batwood
04-10-2010, 07:44 AM
I was pretty impressed after racing Sean's yellow turbo Mustang last night.
Even though he made me do it from a 30 roll, I had him a car back until 115.
I guess the Regal is running decent! :neener:

I know there was a vid of me vs. the 250 dirtbike... but idk about the Mustang.
I'd like to see either.

sLoWnStEaDy
04-10-2010, 08:10 AM
so... you got some crazy shit done to the regal or is the turbo stang a turd? You should run me in the Supercoupe.

Drifte
04-10-2010, 09:03 AM
When did you rum the dirt bike? I know I didn't get any vid of the race with the mustang

FiFdYnUtZ
04-10-2010, 09:09 AM
Lol slownsteady he would rip your sc a new asshole....but brian I have vids of both on my blackberry I just gotta figure out how to get them online

sLoWnStEaDy
04-10-2010, 09:15 AM
Lol slownsteady he would rip your sc a new asshole....but brian I have vids of both on my blackberry I just gotta figure out how to get them online

point...? LOL

I could care less if I lose in the SC. If I really wanted to win I would drive the RX7.

Batwood
04-10-2010, 09:20 AM
so... you got some crazy shit done to the regal or is the turbo stang a turd? You should run me in the Supercoupe.

The Regal is basically intake, exhaust, cam, intercooler.
Stock heads, bottom end, and suspension.

I'd run the Thunderchicken! Those are like w-body arch enemies!

sLoWnStEaDy
04-10-2010, 10:17 AM

really? The way FiFdYnUtZ was talking I expected more than that... Hell, I have more than that done to the Thunderchicken... I'll hit you up when I get my new radiator put in and we will have some fun. I really wish someone around here could tune the bitch for me though! All the stuff I put on it and I am still running a bone stock ECM :(

how much overdrive on your blower?

Batwood
04-10-2010, 10:41 AM

really? The way FiFdYnUtZ was talking I expected more than that... Hell, I have more than that done to the Thunderchicken... I'll hit you up when I get my new radiator put in and we will have some fun. I really wish someone around here could tune the bitch for me though! All the stuff I put on it and I am still running a bone stock ECM :(

Bring the car out tonight and I'll run you.
Its a 3.0 pulley with an overdrive crank... so something around 2.9 on a Gen V Blower. (off a stock 05+ Grand Prix)

How fast is the T-Bird?

sLoWnStEaDy
04-10-2010, 11:31 AM

Bring the car out tonight and I'll run you.
Its a 3.0 pulley with an overdrive crank... so something around 2.9 on a Gen V Blower. (off a stock 05+ Grand Prix)

How fast is the T-Bird?

no idea how fast the T-bird is... I have yet to really see what it can do, as of right now it runs a little warm so I am not driving it. I have an aluminum 3-row on the way, when that gets here I will run you. It beat my cadillac and a third gen Trans Am with a "built" 350/700R4 as well as my buddies Monte Carlo SS but I haven't gone from a dig because my tires are shit at the moment. Those where from a 20mph roll or so and I still just spun the shit out of the tires. The tires are generic to begin with and they are
literally over 12 years old... car sat is storage for almost 10 years so...

Anyways, I got some shit on the way, give me a couple weeks and we can run 'em for shits and giggles. Might be done sooner but I am redoing some of the RX7 stuff as well as building the Mach One all at the same time so I am trying to spread the time/money out between all three LOL...

whats the regal run? If I had to make an honest guess on the thunderbird, I woudl say probably low-mid 13's with good tires...

Batwood
04-10-2010, 11:34 AM
I went 13.20 last year... with problems.

sLoWnStEaDy
04-10-2010, 11:38 AM
I went 13.20 last year... with problems.

then you probably got me pretty easily but it will be fun none the less...

Jappbox
04-10-2010, 04:18 PM
Whats the Rx7 got?

sLoWnStEaDy
04-10-2010, 05:12 PM
Whats the Rx7 got?

small block ford... started as a 5.0HO with some nitrous. Got one decent run which was just fast enough they told me I couldn't go any faster without a roll cage, if I did I would not be aloud to run anymore that night. I planned to say F-it and see what i could do but I blew the t5 to pieces on the launch of my second run... Now it is carb'd and i am running a C4 with a 4.10 LSD and 10.5 slicks... I have still not got the roll cage put in and I just yanked the radiator out of ti and put it in my Supercoupe so... LOL

4-scaled it once and she was just over 2400lbs, about 120lbs more up front however I bet I dropped pretty close to that with all the aluminum stuff and the battery relocation now. so I would bet I am almost dead nuts 50/50. I just wish I could ditch the IRS and go SRA. Also need to get it to pass tech which I know it won't do right now. I need to find the rules but someone told me the firewall mounted FPR is a no go, and the nitrous bottle needs a blow-down tube since it is in the cabin, he pointed out a couple other things too but I don't remember what...

96-eclipse-gst
04-10-2010, 11:22 PM
Good to know I'm not the only person who hasn't quite finished their car yet. I just pulled the turbo on my eclipse today. Didn't have enough time to finish putting the new one on yet or to rebuild the throttle body. Batwood, I think I ran you a few years ago when I had issues too. Good to see you've got your car running good.

69gt4speed
04-11-2010, 04:16 AM
Lets lay it on the line the fbird is kuatput for now. lot of lil things sorry to say....A manual sucks but doesn't overheat beside the clutch.

Deimos
04-11-2010, 06:19 AM
i always figured Sean to run in the low 13's

85XR7Project
04-11-2010, 07:23 AM
Would be pretty interesting to see how an MN12 compares to an L67 in a race. I actually had a GTP for a bit and had considered building it up but ended up selling it. Kinda wish I had kept it at this point.

Batwood
04-11-2010, 12:06 PM
Well if you see me out some night, let me know and we can run em somewhere...

I'll pretty much race anything.
(Although after watching the bullshit with the cops last night, I'm a little nervous! :cop: )

Oh, and I'd say the Mustang should be faster than low 13s.... he wasn't THAT far behind Rob on motor last year when they ran.

FiFdYnUtZ
04-11-2010, 12:15 PM

Go ahead and race him then...I think you will be very surprised...

sLoWnStEaDy
04-11-2010, 03:05 PM

Go ahead and race him then...I think you will be very surprised...

I am racing him for sure, win or lose LOL...

I got the radiator in, having trevor make up some mounts for the rad and intercooler mid-week so may be it will be ready to go next weekend.

Batwood
04-11-2010, 05:51 PM
Well... there is quite a few more things on the Buick, but all that matters is the cam, i/c, and exhaust really.

I haven't honestly seen any 3.8 S/C Thunderchickens run worth a damn.
Last one I saw at the track went 12.80s or something with Meth injection and a whole shit-ton of stuff.
The guy must have had 8 gauges mounted all over the place.

Stutz
04-12-2010, 05:22 PM
Batwood or fidy are u guys going to the club clash the 25th?

Batwood
04-12-2010, 09:48 PM
Batwood or fidy are u guys going to the club clash the 25th?

I'll be there. I'm also going this Sunday as well.

Hey Fiddy- The Clupgp guys don't believe I beat a turbo Mustang.... I need a vid man!!! lol.

Also- anybody know what turbo is on the stang? Or anything else about it?

Sledge_WS6
04-12-2010, 10:05 PM

Hellion Turbo isn't it?

Caleb
04-12-2010, 11:53 PM
I wanna race someone this year, would be fun. My little 355 N/A pulls decently :)

I wouldn't mind running the regal, would be a close race I'd imagine :)

I need to get out and have some fun and get my fuel issue figured out. I need a high volume fuel pump and my regulator slightly adjusted down so I'm not running out of fuel top end because the regulator is dumping more fuel than my fuel pump can deliver. At least that's what I believe its doing.

69gt4speed
04-13-2010, 02:37 AM
Mike and I get the slomaro going I thihk it might surprise a few, Its a tire burner, A small plate and 12's should be good. I myself refuse to get a ticket w a chevy. It appears to have potential once it doesn't dump oil all over.

DustinsDuster
04-13-2010, 03:41 AM
I wanna race someone this year, would be fun. My little 355 N/A pulls decently :)

I wouldn't mind running the regal, would be a close race I'd imagine :)

I need to get out and have some fun and get my fuel issue figured out. I need a high volume fuel pump and my regulator slightly adjusted down so I'm not running out of fuel top end because the regulator is dumping more fuel than my fuel pump can deliver. At least that's what I believe its doing.

ive got a Holley regulator if you're interested. $20 and its yours.

Caleb
04-13-2010, 12:09 PM
I've already got a regulator on there, I think it just needs to be adjust down a bit.

And Dustin does the fuel pump PSI have to be at least on par with the Regulator to at least give consistent fuel to the carb? Because up at the track last year, after doing the burnout and the car dying on take off...we noticed that there was barely any fuel in the fuel filter ( after the regulator), was almost sucked dry as if my pump wasn't pumping fuel fast enough as to what the regulator was putting out.

EDIT: The fuel pump that was on there was a 4-7 psi and wasn't putting out what we needed and it said it wasn't for high performance applications. So were scrapping it and I got a Holley Blue on there 14psi/110gph. I think that will fix it. Well find out soon :)

NewSpeedSteed
04-13-2010, 01:15 PM

Hellion Turbo isn't it?

If its the same as last year it should be a Hellion kit (comes with 61mm turbo) pushing the about 7psi (engine has stock internals) Hellions site says it should push 350-850hp with a good tune and other upgrades (fuel stystem and etc) If heard right hes making 450hp or something like that.

JacobS
04-13-2010, 03:33 PM

Hellion Turbo isn't it?

If its the same as last year it should be a Hellion kit (comes with 61mm turbo) pushing the about 7psi (engine has stock internals) Hellions site says it should push 350-850hp with a good tune and other upgrades (fuel stystem and etc) If heard right hes making 450hp or something like that.

correct

IS300_DJ
04-15-2010, 08:34 AM
Anyone going to be out this weekend?

This will probably be one of the last weekends my car will be in Cedar Rapids, I'm moving to Vegas at the end of the month. So I guess I'm calling everyone out! Haha I just want to get some racing in, so anyone down to race for fun hit me up! I'll be rocking my grandmothers stock IS300 lol.

I'll run ya again Batwood, I'm with ya I'll race anyone for the fun of it.

I've been waiting to get a rematch with this turbo mustang, he got me barely by a length back in the day when I had just done my motor swap. Things are a little different now...

sLoWnStEaDy
04-15-2010, 09:41 AM
fifdy scared me too much so I sold the car so I didn't have to race you LOL....

seriously though, someone called me out of the blue and offered me $2500 so the Supercpue is gone. I'll run you in the RX7 when I get it all buttoned up though!

Caleb
04-15-2010, 12:19 PM
Getting the new fuel pump in today, so my high RPM fuel issues will be fixed. And I smell an MSD ignition box here in a week. :)

I'll be up for racing whoever :-). Someone just needs to get a hold of me.

DustinsDuster
04-15-2010, 12:26 PM
have you ordered the MSD box already Caleb? i have an MSD 6AL i'm selling cheap.

Caleb
04-15-2010, 12:28 PM
How much Dustin?

DustinsDuster
04-15-2010, 12:29 PM
i dunno- $80?

Caleb
04-15-2010, 12:30 PM
As long as its in good working order and has all the necessary wiring, I'd take it. Would save me $100+ shipping on a new one.

DustinsDuster
04-15-2010, 12:38 PM
yeah- it should be working fine; came off my Duster and went into a box. has plenty of wire left on it. pm me your number and i'll get ahold of you tonight

Deimos
04-15-2010, 02:15 PM
Told you those fuel pumps were junk

Deimos
04-15-2010, 02:16 PM
Dustin wanna buy a digital 6? Also I am going to the grand prix shoot out.

Batwood
04-15-2010, 05:27 PM
Anyone going to be out this weekend?

I'll run ya again Batwood, I'm with ya I'll race anyone for the fun of it.

I definitely wanna race you again.

Its funny cause I beat you and you fixed you shit... then I got smoked.
Now I got my shit fixed.... we'll see what happens!

sparkles
04-15-2010, 08:29 PM

I DO!

DustinsDuster
04-15-2010, 10:16 PM

maybe, but ignition is probably the last thing i should be worrying about right now. if you can sell it, id sell it. if you have it down the road, we'll see

z28z34man
04-16-2010, 02:07 AM
nice car batwood my regal is stock - the cai and a gmpp front sway bar. what support mods do you have. i am trying to figure if it is worth it to get a set of headers delete the u-bend cold plugs and wires then do a small pulley drop.

Caleb when you say rpm package what do you mean. is it intake cam and carb or are there heads in there too ( i hate my pro top lines and despertly want a set of afr's ). i am assking because it looks like it might be a good run with my 84 z if i can ever get it to hold a tune.

FiFdYnUtZ
04-16-2010, 11:17 AM
^ yes its worth it, do it...

Batwood
04-16-2010, 03:10 PM
nice car batwood my regal is stock - the cai and a gmpp front sway bar. what support mods do you have. i am trying to figure if it is worth it to get a set of headers delete the u-bend cold plugs and wires then do a small pulley drop.

Definately get rid of the U-bend... anything else is up to you... how far you want to take the car.

I have enough supporting mods that I'm not gonna list all... lol.
Pretty much everything you can get and still have stock heads.
XP Cam, Gen V S/C, Stage 2 ZZP I/C, Headers+Full 3", HP Tuners Pro and a Built Tranny.
Everything else is just b/s supporting crap.

Caleb
04-16-2010, 08:42 PM
Caleb when you say rpm package what do you mean. is it intake cam and carb or are there heads in there too ( i hate my pro top lines and despertly want a set of afr's ). i am assking because it looks like it might be a good run with my 84 z if i can ever get it to hold a tune.

Its matching Edelbrock Performer RPM Heads(64cc), Cam(hydraulic), Intake (RPM Air Gap). With a Edelbrock 650cfm Thunder AVS Carb, roller rockers, 10:1 pistons. I wish I knew the horsepower I'm putting down, but up at the track running, before was a 12.87 @ 107 on street tires at 20lbs. I just got my new fuel pump in tonight...no top end issues and it runs/pulls better than it did before. Now I just need that MSD Ignition Box from Dustin lol. Despite how its running though, I would like to get it properly tuned, but from what I hear, carbs are a bitch to tune.

The only thing I would consider changing now on my car would be the heads, 200cc + intake runners. Instead of the 170cc's I have now. Its still a really fun build, but thats the only thing I'd change for future proofing the engine, for adding a blower later on.

Deimos
04-16-2010, 08:59 PM
A wise man once said 200 cc heads would be perfect for ya... I wish ya luck and hopefully you run good this year.

Caleb
04-16-2010, 10:44 PM
A wise man once said 200 cc heads would be perfect for ya... I wish ya luck and hopefully you run good this year.

I'm definitely learning as I go, but this throw together package is fun and I'm enjoying it.

This would be an ideal upgrade http://www.summitracing.com/parts/AFR-1050/ + blower :)

z28z34man
04-17-2010, 08:06 AM
those are the exact heads i want

and from my experience carter based carbs ( witch Edelbrock carbs are ) are much easier to tune then Holley based carbs

Deimos
04-17-2010, 02:53 PM

and from my experience carter based carbs ( witch Edelbrock carbs are ) are much easier to tune then Holley based carbs

Not to mention way crappier

DustinsDuster
04-17-2010, 06:27 PM

Not to mention way crappier

x2.

by the way Caleb- sorry i havent called you yet, i'll bring it with me to Marion tomorrow, and hopefully we can meet up.

Caleb
04-17-2010, 08:54 PM
Its cool, im working from 10:45-10ish tomorrow. Long fucking day, maybe monday afternoon?

DustinsDuster
04-18-2010, 03:14 AM
you working at sears? if you can bring the cash, i'll probabky be able to drop it off to you at work.