PDA

View Full Version : radiator fan question

sLoWnStEaDy
04-06-2010, 10:13 PM
the radiator core in the RX7 is 17.75" tall and 22.5" wide. I am looking at fans and was wondering what you guys would suggest. the two options are below, I'd also like to know if I should mount on the front or back of the radiator and if I should push/pull. I assume on the engine side of the radiator so it doesn't mess with natural air flow while driving. However I don't know if I should "push and blow engine bay heat through the radiator or pull and throw radiator heat into the engine bay....

A pair of 10" 1550CFM fans, mounted top right and bottom left with NO shroud (this would put the fans closest to the inlet/outlet)

OR

A single 16" 2500CFM fan mounted centered with a shroud

Now the shroud would have to be made which I am sure would cost me a decent penny but if it would be WAY better I would be willing to spend the cash. I am just hoping the extra CFM and fan area of the dual 10"s would be enough.

DustinsDuster
04-07-2010, 03:36 AM
shroud is the way to go- even with the two fans, i bet youd still have cooling problems now and then on hot days in traffic.

Ninesecsnake
04-12-2010, 12:39 AM
I would get this fan http://www.univparts.com/detail.asp?PART=30102113

and have a custom shroud made. I use this same fan on a 5" thick radiator and it still moves a ton of air.