PDA

View Full Version : need some info on a guy trying to break a deal made

K-ville
04-05-2010, 05:29 PM
So long story short have a guy who kept messeging me wanting to trade a old pickup for a bike I have and some cash or something i kept telling him no because im putting all my money in my car... so then i go look at the truck yesterday and said id trade him striaght over but thats all I could do. he said think about it and get ahold of me. bout 2hours later he sends me a text stating he will trade if i give him a deal on some work at the shop and I agree so we start talking about when i can pick up the truck today. now he says he got another offer and we never had a deal but i have it all in text messeges and pm's clear as day it was a done deal!

Is there anything I can do? I left a message with my lawyer so he should call me tomorow, but what do you guys think? Ill take him to court just to be a dick and waste his time if nothing else.

DustinsDuster
04-05-2010, 05:45 PM
there was nothing written, or signed; i highly doubt there's anything you can do except for let everyone know on any forums your on the kind of seller he is. probably wont get you the truck, but at least it might save someone else a headache down the road.

sLoWnStEaDy
04-05-2010, 06:55 PM
yeah... in no way is any of that a legal binding contract. People back out on shit all the time, that's life and even though it sucks sometimes there is nothing "illegal" or "binding" about it.

I had a kid want to trade me a pair of 12" subs for my custom built 15" sub then the day he was suppose to ship he backed out and said "his dog chewed up the subs". I called B.S. on him, then said F-it, I will still do the trade, never heard from him again. Then about a month later the same subs where up for sale in perfect shape LOL...

K-ville
04-05-2010, 07:14 PM
yea im not planing on doing anything ive just heard of verbal contracts holding up in small claims so i thought the text might do. but it sounds more pain in the ass than its worth! just pisses me off as i wouldnt do it so hate it hapened to me! oh wel ill survive haha

Deimos
04-05-2010, 08:22 PM
Nope have it in writing or have a gun it's that simple.

K-ville
04-05-2010, 08:30 PM
haha im over it all

Deimos
04-05-2010, 08:33 PM
good to hear water under a bridge man

K-ville
04-05-2010, 08:38 PM
i want a old ford shop truck anyway! i dont need no stinking chevy haha

Deimos
04-05-2010, 08:42 PM
really? Does it need a title I may have just the truck you're looking for...

K-ville
04-05-2010, 08:44 PM
yea i wanna build a retro rat rod/ traditional hot rod shop truck. i would work around a title what ya got?

see this thread may have been worth something afterall haha

Deimos
04-05-2010, 09:01 PM
to new for you a 79 Bronco with MSD digital 6 programmable, new shocks struts springs, cam, and various other stuff

K-ville
04-05-2010, 09:02 PM
broncos are cool i want somethin pre 65. ive gotta finish my car first anyway

Sledge_WS6
04-05-2010, 09:28 PM
yea im not planing on doing anything ive just heard of verbal contracts holding up in small claims so i thought the text might do. but it sounds more pain in the ass than its worth! just pisses me off as i wouldnt do it so hate it hapened to me! oh wel ill survive haha

Verbal Contractual Agreements will only hold up in court if the 'damaged party' suffers some sort of extra-ordinary loss from the arrangement. Besides that, they don't mean squat. Express (aka written) Contracts FTW.