PDA

View Full Version : Anyone interested is wiring up an AEM EMS?

McKeever
04-04-2010, 08:35 PM
There are no plug and play standalones on the market for my motor (98 2rz-fe). So I have an AEM EMS 30-1020 that I’d like to use. I’m thinking of paying someone to hook this up, because I’m not sure I have the smarts to tackle this one. My biggest hold up at the moment is I don’t know all the pin locations needed, and were they should all run. Also I’m not sure if I’m able to use the stock Toyota trigger wheel or if I need something different, since this box was wired up for a Honda motor. Thoughts?

Jappbox
04-07-2010, 04:48 PM
Your best bet would be to get the wiring diagram of your ECu in your 2rZ, then match that with what you would need for the EMS, its going to be a pain in the ass, you should have started with a 2jz EMS im sure its very similur, then you can change a few pins around to your needs. The great thing about AEM is that you can go into and asign pins to diffrent functions, again it takes time. I for one dont have any time to tackle it, in fact for the next 4 months I wont even have time to tune cars.

McKeever
04-10-2010, 11:41 PM
I hear ya on the lack of time, I'm kinda in the same boat, another reason I'm thinking of letting someone else tackle it. Did some more reading, and it sounds like your able to edit the tooth control table to get the box to read a different trigger wheel configuration? Also you mentioned the ability to reassign pin functions, I take it that won't work for "dedicated" pin locations? Thanks for the input Jesse.