PDA

View Full Version : Went to Tx2k10

Jappbox
04-04-2010, 02:14 PM
Some a few know I went to TX2k10 To check it out as it was my first time even to Texas But let alone one of the biggest supra/supercar events around and is labeled as the Highest HP car gathering in the nation. I can say I had a blast even though I didnt get to watch much of the street racing as you need a 600hp car just to keep up with the pack but I did meet alot of new friends and saw some amazing cars. The plan next year is to Take my car and I would like to see if we could get a "group" to head down as well to play around down there. Seems to be the normal thing is bring a car group from out of town and head to houston for the "street racing super bowl" as some like to put it. 1320 Video filled the whole thing and have a DVD coming out soon as well as a few other production companys were there filming some of the racing and events. just search tx2k10 on youtube more and more are starting to pop up daily.

A few I like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZOtugD9JF0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LeZQawQvfU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8OO6DBjZ8w

snickerlicker
04-04-2010, 02:31 PM
Texas is where all the fast cars are....looks like a blast

stangvortech
04-04-2010, 03:40 PM
sweet im down next year!

FiFdYnUtZ
04-04-2010, 04:39 PM
Very cool shit but I wish at least one or two people would actually do a dig race..

snickerlicker
04-04-2010, 04:56 PM
Supra's don't do dig races.....

FiFdYnUtZ
04-04-2010, 05:08 PM
lol going to supra meet to dig race is like going to church to find an easy fuck!

snickerlicker
04-04-2010, 06:49 PM
Yep!! Couldn't have said it better myself.

69gt4speed
04-05-2010, 12:12 AM
lol going to supra meet to dig race is like going to church to find an easy fuck!

Hey i've done that....Just gotta know the right place and time..

Jappbox
04-05-2010, 06:45 AM
They do dig race there. its hard cause there is SO much traffic. What I think is funny is the fastest mustangs and f bodys are there along with the fastest Vettes and vipers and I dont hear them bitching about highway pulls. In fact in one video that 800+whp fbody got drug from a dig race cause it cant hook up. You guys make fun of roll racing all you want but go down to houston and tell them they are gay for doing it.

TbTalon94
04-05-2010, 07:59 AM
I don't understand what the big deal is about roll racing. Both drag and roll racing show who is making more power.

You can't "shake your leg" on a 3-honk roll race ;)

Scott
04-05-2010, 08:38 AM
With the power that so many cars are producing now drag racing is more of a chassis tuner and power management competition than it is a power/weight competition. Roll racing is for overpowered under-built cars that cant handle the abuse or cant hook from a dead stop. Its more like racing dyno's IMO. I have no problem at all with people who do it, I just dont see it as being in the same racing category. I am not a huge fan of racing from 60-180mph in a car with no roll cage on a public street.

snickerlicker
04-05-2010, 09:19 AM
I agree. The roll racers just don't get it..... Take it to the track. Nothing like a 10.5@150 in the 1/4 and getting doored by the guy in the next lane because he has his shit set-up right. Who cares if it went 15 mph slower, getting doored is getting doored whether you are pulling down on the person or not!!!

TbTalon94
04-05-2010, 09:32 AM
There's defending stand-points on both sides, but both types of racing tell who is faster. Wether it be a power/weight ratio or a chassis/power management.

I think the "over-powered under-built" statement was a bit harsh as some cars it's just not as easy to hook from a stop because of the suspension limitations, or without chopping up the car for one purpose only.

Not everybody likes to go in a straight line either. I have ZERO intention to put a cage in my car, or a parachute (if i ever needed it), fuel cell, etc. etc. A lot of owners that roll-race just don't want to take the steps to properly set-up the car for drag-race only. You've gotta think of the vette/viper/supra/lambo/fordgt owners that have thousands upon thousands of dollars in a car that would have crap value if they chopped it up to hook from a stop.

Now I put it as both types of racing can be impressive. On one hand you got a purpose built drag car that doesn't have a whole lot of money into it but it sure as hell moves down the track like no-bodies business. On the other you've got a car that was built to make reliable high power with the luxury of being able to COMFORTABLY drive it around town and still be as fast as anyone needs.

Scott
04-05-2010, 10:51 AM
Yeah thats about what I was trying to say, just in my mind if you have 800+ hp at the wheels and intend on racing the car "street, strip, road course whatever" the car should have a cage in it period.. Cars are disposable because they break, wear out, whatever, people are NOT. I guess I may just be getting old but I dont want to be invloved with a 800+hp car flipping while wearing a stock seat belt, stock seat and no roll cage. If the purpose of the car is to race and it has no safety stuff, its under-built IMO. I dont know I guess its all a matter of perception, I cant blame someone who wants to keep a car the way it was from the factory and put big fuel system and turbos to make 1000 hp with AC and PS, cuz it would be cool, I just cant see building a car for the purpose to roll race. Just my take

TbTalon94
04-05-2010, 11:59 AM
Yea we're on the same page, just different sides of it. I agree with the safety stuff but I guess thats the life of an adrenaline junky. You just better make damn sure you're the only one in danger and not anyone else.

FiFdYnUtZ
04-05-2010, 12:11 PM
i agree with not building a car for the purpose to roll race *insert limp wrist smiley* or even just for that event....those "fastest" vettes, fbodies, vipers etc are mostly built that way (with the exception of a few). street racing should be like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBVPG8i_ipk

NewSpeedSteed
04-05-2010, 02:40 PM

Piece of cake if your a Catholic priest... and into Altar boys. :suspect: :Hangman:

Jappbox
04-05-2010, 02:57 PM
i agree with not building a car for the purpose to roll race *insert limp wrist smiley* or even just for that event....those "fastest" vettes, fbodies, vipers etc are mostly built that way (with the exception of a few). street racing should be like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBVPG8i_ipk

The problem is with ^ is this gives cops time to send you to jail and impound your car, were if you hold back traffic then do your race quick and get out of there cops are not a problem thats how new york does it. These cars are not built to roll race, not much diffrance, Tq is still Tq and HP is till HP its not RollHP or anything. That 811whp camaro made the though the converter Obviously its a drag car with the Parichute on it, but he is out runing from a roll. I talked to a few about it they do dig races but usully its for some good $$ and alot of guys just love playing around on the highways. nothing like a rush of 180+

slow ride
04-05-2010, 03:39 PM
Hell a 500 hp car could door the shit out of a 1000hp car depending on the race conditions. It just depends on what the owner wants to do. I know if I had both cars I'd love the starting line acceleration of the dig car, but then the other car can leave it in the dust after 50+ thats cool too. Just think some of those cars that are fast on the highway pull like they are launching at 50+ Everyone likes different things and when we force our opinions on others everything goes out the window. It's like import vs domestic, etc, etc. I just like cars period and know the ups and downs of all platforms and thats what keeps things interesting.

The more the car/owner focuses on one thing the worse it will be at others. It's just funny that everyone picks what there car is good at as the end all be all of racing. Some of the roll racing on the street gets a little crazy though with excessive traffic, etc. I can't say I haven't done some dumb shit, but I TRY to be somewhat responsible.

69gt4speed
04-05-2010, 06:03 PM
I agree w many of you, take for instance my pos... Hmmm 2 dynos 2 different # how to compare easy w/o major issues on the street? The roll race is just like strapping a car on the dyno except we can do 2 cars. The dig is about surface traction, launch rpm's, a hundred variables esp w a stick... I like both myself when joe avg says 500whp on a dynojet... I mean I beat that zr1 wtf that prove?.... I got lucky and he screwed up... We would have done a 45 mph roll you know what would happen...

This has been argued since the 60's, probably before that.. Seems to me with cars the way they are today hooking up a 500+ whp vehicle w/o awd or some 14" wide tires is impossible on the street. Tire smoke is all good but a good clean race would be nice for those that work all the time... We are big boys, we know the risks, what's wrong w blowing off a lil steam and having some entertainment? I'm the only joker that has the balls to do digs vs a awd or rolls vs a supra, not bragging but sh-t some of you pick and choose. Mine isn't no track car just a street brawler.. You guys know I'm game and I give it a shot..

Deimos
04-05-2010, 08:01 PM
That is why you buy some VHT and throw it down on the streets to get some good traction and it smells oh so good.

slo4cyl
04-05-2010, 08:45 PM
Since everyone is givin their opinion here. Id rather do roll's don't really give much chance to be spotted. And a little less wear and tear on the car. I'll do either, i was pretty skeptical at first with the stock trans, but after last year my drivetrain proved a little stronger than i thought. A roll race though takes a lot of driver error and other advantages/disadvantages out of the equation and is more of race of what car is truley faster. Just my 2 cents

Deimos
04-05-2010, 08:56 PM
Takes out the driver skill IMO

Domestic Disturbance
04-05-2010, 11:05 PM
A roll race though takes a lot of driver error and other advantages/disadvantages out of the equation and is more of race of what car is truley faster. Just my 2 cents

I think that has a lot to do with why most hate it. The car is only part of the race, the driver is the rest. Rolls rely a lot heavier on the car.

Ricky
04-06-2010, 08:02 AM
both are fun both are races.... if you dont like roll racing dont do it.

Jappbox
04-06-2010, 06:49 PM
A roll race though takes a lot of driver error and other advantages/disadvantages out of the equation and is more of race of what car is truley faster. Just my 2 cents

I think that has a lot to do with why most hate it. The car is only part of the race, the driver is the rest. Rolls rely a lot heavier on the car.

To this im going to say that I think Automatic cars take away 80% driver skill and rely more on the car. (but you own a stick) LOL

FiFdYnUtZ
04-06-2010, 06:52 PM
^ i would beg to differ, you take a ride in a 8-9 second automatic and you would find yourself shitting bricks all the way down the track

TbTalon94
04-06-2010, 08:20 PM
^ i would beg to differ, you take a ride in a 8-9 second automatic and you would find yourself shitting bricks all the way down the track

you cannot deny it takes more skill to go fast in a manual trans. You just can't.

Domestic Disturbance
04-06-2010, 08:26 PM

I don't think that justifies an auto requiring equal or more talented driving than a manual. Not even a manual valve body. I'm not saying it doesn't require a talented driver to run those times with an auto by any means. Theres just way more going on with a manual, but with that comes a lot higher margin of error. Those manual cars running 9's and quicker blow my mind every time.

K-ville
04-06-2010, 09:00 PM
autos are easier no doubt. but to me a roll is just missing one of the best parts of a race! regardless of what one shows which car is truely faster or which is setup better I want to race the whole race.

Ive always looked at roll racing in general as an excuse for cars who cant hang with another cars suspension setup or just over all ability... not to say thats true in all cases because its not just seems to be true more often than not

K-ville
04-06-2010, 09:04 PM
almost forgot! a auto is easier than bangin gears, but i think eliminating the launch and droping the race to wide open throttle and shifting twice makes is easy to a point of almost not fun. and i say almost because its still fun id just rather hang some wheels and door some ass!

69gt4speed
04-06-2010, 11:15 PM
Again I will say a auto is easy.. a caveman can do it.... I ran .1 sec. of each run either w my bros bbc nova or dads 67 351 auto... First time out no less. Sure they had suspension tires, etc. already sorted out but do that w a manual is almost impossible w/o a liberty or faceplated gears and a lot of expensive work. And btw a good auto is at least .3 sec. quicker on a dig. Been proven a million times. Even the supra boyz.

Ninesecsnake
04-06-2010, 11:21 PM
To me an auto is much more fun than a stick, I've had both in my current car. The car is much easier to control with the auto and way faster, even though it still spins at 100+ with the auto, you should have been in it with the stick it was all over the place not to mention breaking every week and killing $1500+ clutches was the norm. Roll racing is for pussies!! I know this will piss some of you off but it's the truth. I've roll raced many times and have yet to lose doing it but it just takes the fun out of it IMO, Sorry. Now I can run my car out to 190mph just like the supra's do but talk about unsafe, no cage's, belts or any safety equipment not my cup of tea, take it to the track!!!!!

Now on topic, I definitely want to go to Tx2K11 for sure looks like a blast!

69gt4speed
04-07-2010, 01:50 AM
^ What I was saying esp w mo whp, it's a no brainer for sure. But I am old and appreciate the manual guys, always have.... A turbo setup... a auto is the way to go but I appreciate Jesse and Trevor to try to do the best w a stick.. It is hard to build boost w a manual. A pd s/c or n/a w spray does not have that problem, we all know that.

So why a auto then n/a and spray w a auto, it's quicker and consistent. Way it is... You can say roll racing is for pussies... whatever... you have a auto and they mo or less suck per whp on a roll race. I remember not long ago a roll race vs at least 600 whp vehicles and a awd won... I'd say it takes at least xxwhp more for a auto on a 40/45 to 130 roll race in a auto to compete. So yea we have a manual 2wd wanting to do a roll, I'm game,well basically a irs cobra sucks mo or less for joe avg on a dig. Btw you can have a roll cage and etc. roll racing, not a issue imo. I could say I had a more scary exp at cordova with some joker dumping antifreeze half track. They shut it down after my run for awhile. Lucky I let off really quick imo. Track is no guarantee all is good. Just it is legal.

allgo
04-07-2010, 07:06 AM
To me an auto is much more fun than a stick, I've had both in my current car. The car is much easier to control with the auto and way faster, even though it still spins at 100+ with the auto, you should have been in it with the stick it was all over the place not to mention breaking every week and killing $1500+ clutches was the norm. Roll racing is for pussies!! I know this will piss some of you off but it's the truth. I've roll raced many times and have yet to lose doing it but it just takes the fun out of it IMO, Sorry. Now I can run my car out to 190mph just like the supra's do but talk about unsafe, no cage's, belts or any safety equipment not my cup of tea, take it to the track!!!!!

I agree 100% but roll racing on a busy Interstate at 180 is much safer then dig racing on a dead street

Scott
04-07-2010, 07:50 AM

Yeah what he said!! I though I was the only one leary of going 180+ on a public street at night with no cage or harness. I've had enough close calls at slower speeds I guess

TbTalon94
04-07-2010, 07:50 AM

I agree 100% but roll racing on a busy Interstate at 180 is much safer then dig racing on a dead street

Specially one right next to a bar where lots of people go in and out!

allgo
04-07-2010, 08:17 AM
I agree with u on that tb they should not race out there, I wouldn't I still love my old track safe easy exits

FiFdYnUtZ
04-07-2010, 10:19 AM
I would much rather race there a couple blocks out away from the bart than blast down a shitty iowa 2 lane highway with cars all over it going the speed limit...

Ninesecsnake
04-07-2010, 02:52 PM
. Track is no guarantee all is good. Just it is legal.

Yeah but if you kill someone on the track, its a racing deal. If you kill someone on the street be prepared to go to jail and never have any money ever again!

I love to race be it on the street or the track but I also love having money and my freedom so I choose to take it to the track.

K-ville
04-07-2010, 03:48 PM
. Track is no guarantee all is good. Just it is legal.

Yeah but if you kill someone on the track, its a racing deal. If you kill someone on the street be prepared to go to jail and never have any money ever again!

I love to race be it on the street or the track but I also love having money and my freedom so I choose to take it to the track.

yeah no shit feeling bad about someone loosing their life if bad enough!! I dont need to do it from a jail for man slaughter!

slow ride
04-07-2010, 03:55 PM
Some people like to actually drive there cars long distance still and without big overdrives it could be a problem. Aint going to find any autos on the auto x or road course either. To me I want to see how fast the other car is not the other driver. I can cut lights, etc, but could care less about that unless I'm at the track. Really a roll race is the only way a manual car with a weak drivetrain can show the power the car makes. Some cars (like my vette) don't have a solution to building a bullitproof rear without taking the sport out of the sports car. As said above clutch problems and broken parts all over the place are never any fun. To each is own I guess. I'd rather put on thousands of miles than hundreds of 1/4 mile runs.

Jappbox
04-07-2010, 04:15 PM

So I guess owning a 930+ whp car that went 188+ SHIFTING wouldnt count. Fuck ask Ryan Woon about whats more crazy his 7 second AUTO Supra or his Low 8 Second Manuel. He even said " My auto supra I have time to eat a quick sandwach down the track its so easy"

Jappbox
04-07-2010, 04:18 PM

A car with a cage runing on the street you HAVE to wear a helmet every time, In fact its proven that a caged car in a accedent with NO helmet is 10x more dangares then crashing with a no cage and no helmet, you will die from hiting your head on the bars.

Jappbox
04-07-2010, 04:25 PM

So since the roll racing is for pussies I guess you should sign on to truestreetcars.com and tell them that get them worked up and you can have some Dig or roll money races for tx2k11 trip.

Scott
04-07-2010, 05:39 PM

So since the roll racing is for pussies I guess you should sign on to truestreetcars.com and tell them that get them worked up and you can have some Dig or roll money races for tx2k11 trip.

Isnt that the same racing org that has a index cap for a OUTLAW class?? LOL sorry I couldnt help it.. I mean you might as well race dyno's!! Funny thing is the tune my car/engine likes on the dyno, runs slower times at the track than my old 1/4 mile spark plug tune likes.

Ninesecsnake
04-07-2010, 05:49 PM

A car with a cage runing on the street you HAVE to wear a helmet every time, In fact its proven that a caged car in a accedent with NO helmet is 10x more dangares then crashing with a no cage and no helmet, you will die from hiting your head on the bars.

If you wreak a car without a cage at 180+ your dead, the car will rip in half and your done. At least with a cage you may hit your head on the padded roll cage but you might live.

Xboosted23X
04-07-2010, 06:07 PM
I don't think a little foam pad is going to help if you don't have a helmet on. I think if I got in a wreck doing 180 I rather die than not be complete and never able to drive again.
And if you want to talk about track safety I think all tracks should be divided down the center so if a car loses it, it won't hit the other racer.

K-ville
04-07-2010, 06:56 PM

they only way that could statistically be prooven would be on a certain type of crash.... I call b/s on 10x dangerous if you have a cage! there have to be cons to the cage such as hitting your head on a bar or something like that, but along with that there has to be advanteges in certain crashes to counter that...

drag racing is drag racing roll racing is roll racing, in the end its all racing and picked by some for reason and not by others so who cares. But if my car ever gets done and you wanna come play you better have your shit ready to DIG!!

K-ville
04-07-2010, 06:59 PM
I don't think a little foam pad is going to help if you don't have a helmet on. I think if I got in a wreck doing 180 I rather die than not be complete and never able to drive again.
And if you want to talk about track safety I think all tracks should be divided down the center so if a car loses it, it won't hit the other racer.

wanna do a test? id be happy to hit you in the head with a pipe with a foam pad on it then a regular old pipe and see if one is worse than the other haha :banghead:

but yea foam paid isnt going to help if really bad cases, but neither will a helmet to a point...

Deimos
04-07-2010, 08:14 PM
I'd prolly roll race with this car it looks like it wold be very good from a dig.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FGyDk2OALQ&NR=1

69gt4speed
04-07-2010, 08:20 PM
I own a slow pos and this roll vs dig argument is crazy... Ya a track is cool and legal. You may run quicker there than the street but maybe not also. I sometimes like rolls (dyno test mo or less) to test the performance w/o wheelspin. It's easy on parts and I have yet to lose to a car w same whp # per # on a roll. Which makes me think I got hp but it doesn't do good on a dig the fkr. Or it's the operator doing crappy...Whatever... It's obvious ppl will choose the best deal dig or roll. Bottom line they just don't want to try something different than normal.

Domestic Disturbance
04-07-2010, 09:42 PM
If you are wearing a 4.0 harness wouldn't your head be a lot less likely to hit the cage? Really depends on the car/cage setup I would think

Scott
04-07-2010, 10:14 PM
yeah with a funny car cage and no helmet your head is pretty much scrambled eggs, but with a 8.5 10pt cage if your strapped into a 5pt harness I would think its alot safer, no bars around your head and your body shouldnt move far enough to hit the bars

TbTalon94
04-08-2010, 07:17 AM
I'd prolly roll race with this car it looks like it wold be very good from a dig.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FGyDk2OALQ&NR=1

I don't really care about anything, but i could watch Nelson racing videos all day. They make some kick ass shit.

snickerlicker
04-08-2010, 09:32 AM
Lots of idiots on here can't figure out its the innocent family driving down the interstate who gets killed, not the dumb son of a bitch driving the 1000rwhp car 180mph. Doesnt matter if you have a roll-cage or not because if you do survive,your bunghole won't with Bubba piss pounding it for the next 20 years in prison.... :supz:

Ninesecsnake
04-08-2010, 09:40 AM
Some of you may remember but most of you prolly don't, there was a local car years back involved in a bad street racing crash, luckily everyone was ok but if he wouldn't have had a cage and the driver wasn't wearing a harness he would have been dead, and he didn't have a helmet on IIRC. He hit a car head on well over 100, and was able to walk away. For me that was a wake up call and definitely slowed me down on the street racing.

I know street racing is never going to stop just be careful.

DustinsDuster
04-08-2010, 10:28 AM
Some of you may remember but most of you prolly don't, there was a local car years back involved in a bad street racing crash, luckily everyone was ok but if he wouldn't have had a cage and the driver wasn't wearing a harness he would have been dead, and he didn't have a helmet on IIRC. He hit a car head on well over 100, and was able to walk away. For me that was a wake up call and definitely slowed me down on the street racing.

I know street racing is never going to stop just be careful.

was it head on, or side to side? if it was side to side, i know exactly who you're talking about.

snickerlicker
04-08-2010, 11:58 AM
Says head on if you knew how to read...

DustinsDuster
04-08-2010, 02:07 PM
Says head on if you knew how to read...

yeah, stupid me, it mustve been one of the other hundreds of street racing accidents that have happened here in the last 10-15 years... :rolleyes: