PDA

View Full Version : DYNO DAY FOR ME TODAY!

StreetSweeper
03-26-2010, 05:08 PM
Well went to SpeedInc today to get the new SD tune on the camaro. Did not get to spray the car on the dyno because we were having issues with the Nitrous Silenoid but the new tune is awsome. Im Very Pleased with the Power gains that we got out of the car this year. Did not really do a whole lot to the car other then port the intake and switch to the 4150 Acufab TB and i Gained 55 RWHP and 35 FTLBS of TQ, i would deffinentaly say it was all worth the money with what little i did. Should run good Chekal has some vid he will post later!

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/streetsweeper_01/Mobile%20Uploads/1269635881.jpg

snickerlicker
03-26-2010, 07:01 PM
Nice gains!!!

TbTalon94
03-26-2010, 07:32 PM
Great gains for just some porting and a TB!

Always havin problems with the solenoids!! Can't wait to see er run.

allgo
03-26-2010, 07:57 PM
congrats guys ,,,should fly... did edddddy b get the trailor lettered up yet? bohren to race...lol

StreetSweeper
03-26-2010, 08:05 PM
congrats guys ,,,should fly... did edddddy b get the trailor lettered up yet? bohren to race...lol

LoL with them jokes you will see this guy at Penguins soon! lol ... No i think we need somone to design a cool graphic then we can get somthing don.

69gt4speed
03-26-2010, 09:37 PM
Nice George...... w another jet it should hit 800 whp easy enough. Damn cars are insane anymore...

slow ride
03-26-2010, 10:24 PM
Nice gains NA. I wish they were a little more friendly about being around the car during tuning so you could get up close and personal to ask questions, but I understand the it from there end also. You guys should check out the port work on the l92/ls3's that WCCH is offering at stage 3 now. ~370+ at .600". How long did they put into the SD tune?

StreetSweeper
03-26-2010, 10:44 PM
Yea i deffinentlay need to port these damb heads lol im to cheap.. You know honestly i was realy impressed with speed inc today. They let us be in the shop while tuning the car and they did not rush anything at all, they specifically designated the day for my car and i specficially told them i did not want no 5 minnute base tune. I told them that i wanted it tuned to door azz and they were completely fine with that. They allso let us work on the car to.. But they did tell me that because we are returning customers, is the reason why we get the treat. They allso gave me a really kick ass deal..along with about 50 dollars worth of free decals for our traiolor and cars. It ended up being 150 dollars cheaper then what they told me on the phone! really was a good day and i cant wait to get to the track.

69gt4speed
03-26-2010, 11:29 PM
Damb George, not ported really? Sh-t theres another n/a 40whp there....Really...Mighty impressive w what you have then... I knew those l92's were good, so ford like....lol... who cares, go fast, don't work on crap, good deal... lsx is the tops of newest stock pushrod tech w friendly ecu software.

JacobS
03-27-2010, 12:30 AM
damn nice gains george!! how loud was the exhaust at open throttle!?

OldSkoolRCR
03-27-2010, 11:21 AM
Nice gains NA. I wish they were a little more friendly about being around the car during tuning so you could get up close and personal to ask questions, but I understand the it from there end also. You guys should check out the port work on the l92/ls3's that WCCH is offering at stage 3 now. ~370+ at .600". How long did they put into the SD tune?

Ed, Larry and Jim are cool as hell, they let us get up close, work on the car if there are issues, I am really pleased with the customer service I get at Speed Inc, we are planning a trip there with Jefffery's T/A soon, you should come along.

OldSkoolRCR
03-27-2010, 11:22 AM
damn nice gains george!! how loud was the exhaust at open throttle!?

The mechanics had put on ear muffs, thats how loud.

slow ride
03-27-2010, 03:25 PM
Yea it's kind of like running a car in a tin can in the building. It's gets crazy loud in there. My friend Chris's vette with corsa's full H/C was louder than mine with less compression making less power. Corsa's were just to damn high pitch. I think the loudest thing would be a blower car though. All that boost and no turbos to kick it down a notch.

Jeff's car should do well as long as the heads keep up with everything. It spec'd out in the 8.5 range dynamic compression so it will run on pump gas no problem, but make good torque. I wasn't sure about the Lunati cam, but after he got the lift numbers at different durations is was clear the lobes were fast like a XER comp, etc. It will be interesting and I hope it runs well for him. I'll keep in touch with him as to when you guys are going and maybe tag along.

Scott
03-27-2010, 03:31 PM
Impressive guys! hope your ready for some huge wheelies this year

stangvortech
03-27-2010, 04:10 PM
nice! so what are the numbers n/a then?

OldSkoolRCR
03-27-2010, 05:28 PM
There only Dyno #s, we know what it made last time, and how it ran last year, so there should be a improvement in et and mph. But we did not dyno on the N20, so it will be a whole new tunning experiance again this year. If the car runs mid 9.20s to low 9.30s It will be good enough for this year.

Deimos
03-27-2010, 07:35 PM
I want George to be faster than that

OldSkoolRCR
03-27-2010, 09:19 PM
I want George to be faster than that

Those are modest predictions...lol

Deimos
03-28-2010, 08:52 AM
you have to be fast to take on taylor's turboed turd

69gt4speed
03-28-2010, 01:26 PM
I think George is putting on a 2nd kit just for that and open that stage in 2nd. I know Taylor is highly favored like last yr.. but I always root for the underdog most times. So I think George will take him.... A long shot I know..... Georges reaction time will get him..

OldSkoolRCR
03-28-2010, 03:32 PM
Taylor could'nt out run my Silverado, fuck that clown, tell him to line up against the silver car this year.

Deimos
03-28-2010, 04:43 PM
He george come help with my nitrous lol I got to redo 20 lines

stangvortech
03-28-2010, 07:50 PM
So what else did you guys change to pick up half a second besides the intake? Are you upping the nitrous then?

69gt4speed
03-28-2010, 08:53 PM
Taylor could'nt out run my Silverado, fuck that clown, tell him to line up against the silver car this year.

I don't know... talk to him, he's highly favored just like last yr..... I figured you might find my post amusing.... almost april 1st you know...

Deimos
03-29-2010, 06:01 AM
It's true. It's go time

StreetSweeper
03-29-2010, 11:38 AM
So what else did you guys change to pick up half a second besides the intake? Are you upping the nitrous then?

the car had more in it last year i just chose not to run it anymore to save it for this season, I think lightening the car 60lbs and picking up 55hp and 35 ftlbs of tq on the motor will make a good difference. We actually put a little smaller jets in on the new nitrous design we will get the most out of the set up that we ran last year and then go up from there, chances are it will remain a 150 shot since we seem to have awsome luck with that.

stangvortech
03-29-2010, 02:33 PM
oo ok I got ya!

69gt4speed
03-30-2010, 06:47 AM
I see a 9.2x in this car at a good track and some luck...... I mean it does not have a gazilion hp in nitrous... Only a lil fogger plate... This car runs damn good for what it is....