PDA

View Full Version : more ProTow B.S. (not involving me)

sLoWnStEaDy
03-25-2010, 10:43 PM
So, I was doing some shit down at the police department today and some guy comes in. He is on his phone, and I happen to over hear (well, I didn't "happen to over hear" he was talking REALLY loud) him saying something about "Those assholes at ProTow". So when he hangs up I just kinda say "Hey, did I hear you say something about ProTow?" and he tells me his story...

He was leaving town for a couple days and needed a safe place to store is vehicle while he was gone because all he had was on street parking. So he took it to ProTow and had it put in their "video monitored" lot for safe keeping at like $20/day or something like that. Anyways, he pulls in bumping his system and a couple employees come over to see what he has. So he pops the trunk and shows them his setup and everything then puts the car wherever it was that he put it. So he goes back to get his car and his system is gone.
the trunk lock is fine, windows are all fine, doors are still locked. Deck was removed neatly, nothing was broken and every wire was clipped rather than the harness just being unplugged. amp/subs where also removed neatly, the wires where NOT cut, they where unhooked from the amp and just left laying there. His car did NOT have a trunk button either so "whoever" did it had a key to his trunk and obviously his doors as well. Not only that but they had tools and a decent amount of time as well. He had $1400~ in receipts from best buy which included the installation stuff for his vehicle and it was all dated like 3 weeks ago.

Of course when asked about it they said "there was nothing in their when you brought it here" and he "looked over the video footage" and didn't see anything. Mind you they also "watched" 30 days worth of video footage for my car as well. Magically it only took him about 6 hours to watch 720 hours worth of video footage. Also, the driver that towed my car was fired like 3 days after towing my car because he had too many damage complaints against him...

JacobS
03-25-2010, 11:21 PM
thats a bunch of bullshit. i will never use pro tow. i think id rather push my car home.

JustinS
03-25-2010, 11:56 PM
Is protow a local company? I'm glad I always stuck with Darrah's, even though they were pricey as shit.

SaNdMaNsSi
03-26-2010, 12:29 AM
That's what you get when you give the contract to the lowest bidder. ProTow rolled into town a few years back having zero experience. They were the only ones to bid on the contract, so of course it went to them. Personally, I wasn't a fan of the previous holder due to their dog castration and subsequent disappearing evidence which let them off the hook and allowed them to hold the contract for another decade. Don't get me wrong, the towing industry may look easy, but my god is it ever not. But when you hire dirtbags and are dishonest, you're going to have angry customers. But luckily for them, with the city contract, you don't have a choice and there's nothing you can do about it. I hope if you sue, you win.

sLoWnStEaDy
03-26-2010, 01:03 AM
That's what you get when you give the contract to the lowest bidder. ProTow rolled into town a few years back having zero experience. They were the only ones to bid on the contract, so of course it went to them. Personally, I wasn't a fan of the previous holder due to their dog castration and subsequent disappearing evidence which let them off the hook and allowed them to hold the contract for another decade. Don't get me wrong, the towing industry may look easy, but my god is it ever not. But when you hire dirtbags and are dishonest, you're going to have angry customers. But luckily for them, with the city contract, you don't have a choice and there's nothing you can do about it. I hope if you sue, you win.

I did sue and I did win for the damage they did to my cadillac... This situation was someone else that just happened to be at the police station at the same time as me. He asked me how I went about my lawsuit and I told him where to go to get it started and everything. He said he was going there as soon as he filed the report at the police station.

SaNdMaNsSi
03-26-2010, 08:44 AM
I'm glad you won. Honestly, how hard would it be for the owner to review the tapes and say "damnit, f-in moron damged your car or stole this or that..." Obviously he has few morals, and since he has security cameras is obviously complicit on the acts themselves as he sees them happening and still denies them entirely.

96-eclipse-gst
03-28-2010, 03:02 PM
Just thought I would share this with some of you guys. I recently opened my own auto repair shop. I had a customer tow a car here once using Facion's Towing & Equipment Transport LLC. They gave me a few cards and I've used them quite a bit. They are fantastic people (small company), with a religious background and just care about taking care of customers. Also they are very friendly and down to earth. I sat and talked with them for maybe 15 mins about what belittle does (he saw an audi s4 completely smashed in sittin on the lift) Just all around good people.

Not to mention they charge $50 in town tow and their out of town tow's are extremely cheap compared to anyone else.

Facion Towing & Equipment Transport, LLC
319-361-6100
They are closed sundown friday to sundown saturday.

Just dont keep them too busy, I still need vehicles towed here too :yawinkle:

Deimos
03-28-2010, 04:57 PM
We use allstar towing the protow dude lives a half block away from me

SaNdMaNsSi
03-28-2010, 04:59 PM
Just thought I would share this with some of you guys. I recently opened my own auto repair shop. I had a customer tow a car here once using Facion's Towing & Equipment Transport LLC. They gave me a few cards and I've used them quite a bit. They are fantastic people (small company), with a religious background and just care about taking care of customers. Also they are very friendly and down to earth. I sat and talked with them for maybe 15 mins about what belittle does (he saw an audi s4 completely smashed in sittin on the lift) Just all around good people.

Not to mention they charge $50 in town tow and their out of town tow's are extremely cheap compared to anyone else.

319-361-6100

Hey now! Where's the love of a fellow board member?

SaNdMaNsSi
03-28-2010, 05:01 PM

You do realize that "Allstar" towing AKA Kevin's Citgo is the towing company involved with the people who raped and murdered that little girl a few years back- Jetsetta Gage, right? Use who you want, but that sickens me. They changed the name immediately afterwards so that people wouldn't make the connection. (At least that's my assumption).

Deimos
03-28-2010, 05:45 PM
I talked to the owner those are some serious allegations you are talking I will check into it.

SaNdMaNsSi
03-28-2010, 05:57 PM
I talked to the owner those are some serious allegations you are talking I will check into it.

Like they are going to admit it.....I found out because it was in the gazette. I just tried running some phrases online- I was wrong...He wasn't the owner, he just worked there. I thought the brother did too, but I don't remember now. This is what I came up with in a 20 second search....Too bad I can't remember when they ran the article in the gazette.

"Over the years, Bentley learns to work on cars and, at one point, opens his own garage near the Cedar Rapids Police Station. ''Every time I saw him, he was never clean,'' says Cary Krambeer, 43, of Cedar Rapids, who has known Bentley for around 10 years. ''His clothes were greasy. He was always working on cars.'' He says he never knew Bentley was ''a child molester.'' About five years ago, Bentley is working as a tow truck driver in Cedar Rapids at what was then called Kevin's Citgo, 3333 First Ave. SE. Former co-workers say he was a below-average employee and quit after being asked if he was stealing money from the business. He works there less than a year and is cited on April 29, 2001, for selling tobacco to a minor at the station."

But I do know the name of the station was changed within weeks of the story being run on the news. I guess if I was the owner I'd change the name too with this sicko working for me....

SaNdMaNsSi
03-28-2010, 06:04 PM
For some reason in my mind I had the connection between the owner and the convicted as beind deeper, but I guess I'll shut my mouth without having the articles in front of me. I wouldn't blame Wal Mart for one of its employees being a mass murderer, but everytime I think of that place it makes my skin crawl. He was a sex offender back in 94, why would you hire him!? I know everyone wants a 25.00 tow, but honestly, its like anything else. The price they give you over the phone is the type of person you'll get at your door. Hochstetler is a good guy, he's fun to talk to, Facion I've never had any contact with. But they keep nice equipment, and look nice and presentable. I'd let them tow my vehicle. The city contract which forces the lowest bidder only allows for the lowest quality of employees, so I'm not surprised at damage at Protow. I was told by an employee of the towing company that had the last city contract that they only got paid 7.50 an hour starting. Turnover was huge. It's a pretty technical field if you want to do it right. Takes years. The first thing I would do is ask anyone towing my car how long they've been doing it. If they say anything less than 6 months to a year, ask for another driver. Just my .02.

JustinS
03-28-2010, 06:58 PM
Yeah Bentley's "shop" consisted of a hole in the wall warehouse rented from another real winner. All around fuck heads.

Deimos
03-28-2010, 07:25 PM
he sounded like a winner. I heard about the castration or the german sheppard for Darrah's too. I hope they fined the ever loving crap out of him.

SaNdMaNsSi
03-28-2010, 07:27 PM
he sounded like a winner. I heard about the castration or the german sheppard for Darrah's too. I hope they fined the ever loving crap out of him.

HA! Are you kidding? That article I will never find either. Owner and some others (I believe off duty officers) were drunk and castrated some dogs. Blew up huge. Then guess what....evidence disappeared. All charges dropped. But isn't it amazing they got the city contract for a decade?

96-eclipse-gst
03-30-2010, 09:24 AM

319-361-6100

Sorry I think I missed something...???

SaNdMaNsSi
03-30-2010, 12:01 PM
[quote="96-eclipse-gst":1ij7d9o4]Just thought I would share this with some of you guys. I recently opened my own auto repair shop. I had a customer tow a car here once using Facion's Towing & Equipment Transport LLC. They gave me a few cards and I've used them quite a bit. They are fantastic people (small company), with a religious background and just care about taking care of customers. Also they are very friendly and down to earth. I sat and talked with them for maybe 15 mins about what belittle does (he saw an audi s4 completely smashed in sittin on the lift) Just all around good people.

319-361-6100

Sorry I think I missed something...???[/quote:1ij7d9o4]

My family owns a towing company here in CR. Board members should get props first! No harm, no foul. Stop in sometime.

sparkles
03-30-2010, 08:58 PM
Board members should get props first!

Not to start shit, buy why is that?

JustinS
03-30-2010, 09:43 PM
Those in a community tend to try and help their own? Besides, his parents are good people and operate a pretty respectable business.

SaNdMaNsSi
03-30-2010, 10:51 PM
Those in a community tend to try and help their own? Besides, his parents are good people and operate a pretty respectable business.

....And I didn't even pay him to say at.

On an unrelated note, that money I owed you for that one thing is in that one place you asked me to put it....

sparkles
03-31-2010, 07:54 PM
Sooooo....just because someone figures out how to post here, you should support their said business first....even if they're a douche? Just trying to figure that one out.

JustinS
03-31-2010, 09:26 PM
Its not his business as far as I know.

sparkles
03-31-2010, 09:44 PM
I'm not talking specifically about him. I'm just trying to make a point that just because someone posts here, that doesn't mean they deserve preferential treatment, especially if they are of questionable character and reputation.

96-eclipse-gst
03-31-2010, 10:45 PM
[quote="96-eclipse-gst":1dt8te65]Just thought I would share this with some of you guys. I recently opened my own auto repair shop. I had a customer tow a car here once using Facion's Towing & Equipment Transport LLC. They gave me a few cards and I've used them quite a bit. They are fantastic people (small company), with a religious background and just care about taking care of customers. Also they are very friendly and down to earth. I sat and talked with them for maybe 15 mins about what belittle does (he saw an audi s4 completely smashed in sittin on the lift) Just all around good people.

319-361-6100

My family owns a towing company here in CR. Board members should get props first! No harm, no foul. Stop in sometime.[/quote:1dt8te65]

O I'm sorry about that. Which company if you don't mind me asking. You may PM if you would like.

SaNdMaNsSi
03-31-2010, 11:13 PM
Sooooo....just because someone figures out how to post here, you should support their said business first....even if they're a douche? Just trying to figure that one out.

Not my business. I've been a member of this forum for quite some time. As far as I know, everone on this board likes me but you. Don't be angry just because I don't support your gay right rallies.

SaNdMaNsSi
03-31-2010, 11:16 PM
I'm not talking specifically about him. I'm just trying to make a point that just because someone posts here, that doesn't mean they deserve preferential treatment, especially if they are of questionable character and reputation.

This would be slander on my character as you know nothing about me, nothing of my reputation, nothing of my character, and nothing of about me, period. I never said anything about preferential treatment- I implied it'd be great if he'd consider supporting the business of the family of a fellow member. That's kind of the idea of car enthusiast boards in the first place. To support and help fellow members. Neither of which you apparently get. It's okay if you're angry all the time, just don't bring it into my posts.

SaNdMaNsSi
03-31-2010, 11:17 PM
[quote=SaNdMaNsSi][quote="96-eclipse-gst":1lv9oxzs]Just thought I would share this with some of you guys. I recently opened my own auto repair shop. I had a customer tow a car here once using Facion's Towing & Equipment Transport LLC. They gave me a few cards and I've used them quite a bit. They are fantastic people (small company), with a religious background and just care about taking care of customers. Also they are very friendly and down to earth. I sat and talked with them for maybe 15 mins about what belittle does (he saw an audi s4 completely smashed in sittin on the lift) Just all around good people.

319-361-6100

My family owns a towing company here in CR. Board members should get props first! No harm, no foul. Stop in sometime.[/quote:1lv9oxzs]

O I'm sorry about that. Which company if you don't mind me asking. You may PM if you would like.[/quote:1lv9oxzs]

Sure. I'll PM it over to you. Especially since some parties are concerned that I'll unfairly monopolize the entire marketplace if I post publicly.

JustinS
03-31-2010, 11:22 PM
I'll give you a hint...they're on 16th ave....by the shady looking GUNS store. lol

SaNdMaNsSi
03-31-2010, 11:25 PM
I'll give you a hint...they're on 16th ave....by the shady looking GUNS store. lol

Hey now....I picked up my dual Kimber Carries from that shady gun shop!

You should probably mention it's actually down a little further....You wouldn't want people thinking that my family owns that little brick building with the 1,000 builders stacked up around it next to Sperry's.

JustinS
04-01-2010, 03:42 AM
Oh yeah, its not the Israeli junkyard.

Deimos
04-01-2010, 06:15 AM

You do realize that "Allstar" towing AKA Kevin's Citgo is the towing company involved with the people who raped and murdered that little girl a few years back- Jetsetta Gage, right? Use who you want, but that sickens me. They changed the name immediately afterwards so that people wouldn't make the connection. (At least that's my assumption).

This is more slander than anything sparkles has said... Personally I don't think because someone posts on this board I would use their services more than if I would go out and use someone who treats me good. When people do me wrong I don't use their services anymore.

SaNdMaNsSi
04-01-2010, 08:55 AM

This is more slander than anything sparkles has said... Personally I don't think because someone posts on this board I would use their services more than if I would go out and use someone who treats me good. When people do me wrong I don't use their services anymore.

It's not "slander" if it is true and is backed with well known facts. Sparkles knows nothing of me. However, a simple online search will connect Allstar/Kevin's Citgo with a child killer. Nothing slanderous about that.

sLoWnStEaDy
04-01-2010, 10:30 AM

It's not "slander" if it is true and is backed with well known facts. Sparkles knows nothing of me. However, a simple online search will connect Allstar/Kevin's Citgo with a child killer. Nothing slanderous about that.

THIS.... and Sparkles is a fucktard so who cares what he has to say...

sparkles
04-01-2010, 02:43 PM

This is exactly my point. Seems it's more open to thought coming out of someone else's mouth though.

VaGmAn- You must have a lack of attention problem or something. I in no way was referring to you when I made the statement I did, so go eat a dick. Shouldn't be anything new for you. Do you think being on a board for longer than someone else somehow makes you deserve some sort of special treatment or respect? Keep on with your "little dick" complex and union mentality dude. I'll keep on hate'n beings how I'm so angry :roll:

SaNdMaNsSi
04-01-2010, 03:46 PM

This is exactly my point. Seems it's more open to thought coming out of someone else's mouth though.

VaGmAn- You must have a lack of attention problem or something. I in no way was referring to you when I made the statement I did, so go eat a dick. Shouldn't be anything new for you. Do you think being on a board for longer than someone else somehow makes you deserve some sort of special treatment or respect? Keep on with your "little dick" complex and union mentality dude. I'll keep on hate'n beings how I'm so angry :roll:

Vagman...creative. Keep swinging your e-penis hoping it'll make the one you can't find a little bigger. As usual, I'll just continue to ignore your responses.

To me a message board is supposed to be a COMMUNITY. At least that's what I've always thought. I thought the point of those online communities were to bring people together to share with each other. That's all I've been trying to point out. I could really care less what anyone does, it doesn't affect me in the least.

Just threw it out there as a jab to GST to show there are other great businesses in town. If you want ot use it as an excuse to rag on me, be my guest. It's too nice out for it to bother me. And if you're going to try, you're going to have to do it on an intellectual basis, because your amateurish talk and null threats wash right over me.

Deimos
04-01-2010, 05:38 PM
GST is fat and has a twizzler dick.

sLoWnStEaDy
04-01-2010, 05:45 PM

MMMMMM.... Twizzlers

Deimos
04-01-2010, 09:12 PM
BTW not that it matters but its an econotow guy that lives by me not protow.

JustinS
04-01-2010, 09:21 PM

you would say that about him. lol.

Just messin!

sparkles
04-01-2010, 10:07 PM
Vagman...creative. Keep swinging your e-penis hoping it'll make the one you can't find a little bigger. As usual, I'll just continue to ignore your responses.

To me a message board is supposed to be a COMMUNITY. At least that's what I've always thought. I thought the point of those online communities were to bring people together to share with each other. That's all I've been trying to point out. I could really care less what anyone does, it doesn't affect me in the least.

Just threw it out there as a jab to GST to show there are other great businesses in town. If you want ot use it as an excuse to rag on me, be my guest. It's too nice out for it to bother me. And if you're going to try, you're going to have to do it on an intellectual basis, because your amateurish talk and null threats wash right over me.

I figured you'd like it.

I understand your point dipshit. What you fail to do is pull your head outta your ass and see the point that I'm making and is obviously shared by others on here as well. I wasn't trying to make you all butthurt by bringing up a different perspective, but seems like the stick is just a little too far up your ass. Quit being a narrow minded nutswinger and look at the point trying to be made instead of who's making it. Any dipshit can join an internet forum and make posts. Hell, look at you. That doesn't mean they run a reputable business or give superior service.

Get over yourself. Keep on being "too smart" for me man, along with not replying :baby:

sparkles
04-01-2010, 10:27 PM
And what fucking threats are you talking about? Gonna have to fill me in on that one. Must be another way for you to "slanderize" other people you don't like for not using your oh so awesome services that you're entitled to beings how you learned how to operate a keyboard. Douche on twat waffle.

SaNdMaNsSi
04-01-2010, 11:51 PM

I figured you'd like it.

I understand your point dipshit. What you fail to do is pull your head outta your ass and see the point that I'm making and is obviously shared by others on here as well. I wasn't trying to make you all butthurt by bringing up a different perspective, but seems like the stick is just a little too far up your ass. Quit being a narrow minded nutswinger and look at the point trying to be made instead of who's making it. Any dipshit can join an internet forum and make posts. Hell, look at you. That doesn't mean they run a reputable business or give superior service.

Get over yourself. Keep on being "too smart" for me man, along with not replying :baby:

Let me get this straight...."Beginning of logical retort....followed by failure using juvenile language...followed up by another retort filled with juvenile language, followed by more wonderful usage of the English language.

Yawn.

SaNdMaNsSi
04-01-2010, 11:51 PM

MMMMMM.... Twizzlers

I prefer to eat live babies.

SaNdMaNsSi
04-01-2010, 11:55 PM
And what fucking threats are you talking about? Gonna have to fill me in on that one. Must be another way for you to "slanderize" other people you don't like for not using your oh so awesome services that you're entitled to beings how you learned how to operate a keyboard. Douche on twat waffle.

I guess since it's 1 am and I'm bored, I'll bother to reply to this as well. I never said anything bad about anyone based on trying to get business. I don't own the place, I could care less. I just like to point out who people are dealing with. I'm pretty sure I said positive things about Hochstetler and Facion.

Also, they aren't "my oh so awesome services that I'm entitled to...."

For a guy that talks about others being so "butthurt" you sure do get a lot of rashes. And since we're in 8th grade, I guess I'll finish off my retort in like fashion to your cleverly placed and well thought out final insults, you human cumdumpster.

Deimos
04-02-2010, 06:49 AM
I don't know Facion but one time my buddy threw a beer bottle out the window which landed in front of hochstetlers truck and I was chased by two two trucks. Regardless to say a younger me had to go pick it up. Since then he's buddies with my boss and so everytime I see him I tell him fords are junk.

SaNdMaNsSi
04-02-2010, 09:14 AM
I don't know Facion but one time my buddy threw a beer bottle out the window which landed in front of hochstetlers truck and I was chased by two two trucks. Regardless to say a younger me had to go pick it up. Since then he's buddies with my boss and so everytime I see him I tell him fords are junk.

Ha. How well does he take that ? He doesn't seem like the type of guy that takes criticism, whether real or implied, very well.

sparkles
04-02-2010, 03:58 PM
He doesn't seem like the type of guy that takes criticism, whether real or implied, very well.

Imagine that. Sounds like you.

sparkles
04-02-2010, 04:02 PM

I guess since it's 1 am and I'm bored, I'll bother to reply to this as well. I never said anything bad about anyone based on trying to get business. I don't own the place, I could care less. I just like to point out who people are dealing with. I'm pretty sure I said positive things about Hochstetler and Facion.

For a guy that talks about others being so "butthurt" you sure do get a lot of rashes. And since we're in 8th grade, I guess I'll finish off my retort in like fashion to your cleverly placed and well thought out final insults, you human cumdumpster.

Awe...you're so cute and witty. Did you think that all up by yourself? If you're going to put effort into something, at least have the brains and know how to insult someone with the correct wording you JIZZ GARGLING CUM DUMPSTER or if you would like, YOU CUM GUZZLING GUTTER SLUT. You're must have epic fail tatoo'd on your forehead for as many lame ass replies and nonsense rants you come up with on here. Keep on keepin on brother. Awaiting another mind numbing off topic response from a little dicked pussy.

Deimos
04-02-2010, 05:55 PM

Ha. How well does he take that ? He doesn't seem like the type of guy that takes criticism, whether real or implied, very well.

Ehh he's my old best friends neighbor and well he takes it pretty good. I always tell him I like Fords for job security.

SaNdMaNsSi
04-02-2010, 08:20 PM

Awe...you're so cute and witty. Did you think that all up by yourself? If you're going to put effort into something, at least have the brains and know how to insult someone with the correct wording you JIZZ GARGLING CUM DUMPSTER or if you would like, YOU CUM GUZZLING GUTTER SLUT. You're must have epic fail tatoo'd on your forehead for as many lame ass replies and nonsense rants you come up with on here. Keep on keepin on brother. Awaiting another mind numbing off topic response from a little dicked pussy.
"You're must have epic fail tatoo'd on your forehead"

Epic fail from an epic failure. If you are the benchmark for intelligence, I'll take your attempt at attacking mine as a compliment.

SaNdMaNsSi
04-02-2010, 08:20 PM

Ehh he's my old best friends neighbor and well he takes it pretty good. I always tell him I like Fords for job security.

I like that skid steer he has over there. I wonder if he'd be mad if I put it in his pool....

sparkles
04-02-2010, 08:28 PM
:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: You feel better now?