PDA

View Full Version : zr1 vs eaton cobra

69gt4speed
03-17-2010, 09:45 PM
They both had decent tires so I was surprised... Road course action..
http://www.streetfire.net/video/termina ... 741385.htm (http://www.streetfire.net/video/terminator-trying-to-hang-with-the-zr1_741385.htm)

JacobS
03-17-2010, 10:39 PM
the cobra hung in there pretty well!!!

however, not to start any shit, but im not impressed with the driver of the zr1.

69gt4speed
03-17-2010, 11:10 PM
Yea I know what ur saying a very subjective issue for sure. However the cobra driver is just more or less like me nothing special.... U would had thought on the straight that zr1 would had pulled a lot harder than that pullied cobra w some suspension stuff.

Domestic Disturbance
03-18-2010, 12:42 AM
haha I'm drunk and I can call dumb shit when I see it. We all know what a zr1 will pull on the skid pad and what kind of mph they put down in the 1/4. That guy misses more apex's than a blind guy. Next I'll be posting videos of ss's taking down Gt's. Give me a break man. money doesnt buy skill

69gt4speed
03-18-2010, 12:58 AM
Hey I luv u too but clearly u can see even on the straights where it takes no real skill the zr1 is not running away from a 440 whp cobra..... Hey like i said I was surprised, life sucks and u get old..... LOL... skid pads and so on are just that.... hell u have seen me beat crap I shouldn't cause I am a lucky guy when it comes to that... You know.. Ur mighty zr1 barely beating a pos bs bolt on cobra... Video doesn't lie, and they both had tires...

69gt4speed
03-18-2010, 01:05 AM
Nothing bad we have seen a ford gt get a azz whipping by a modified camaro in a straight line... no big deal..

JacobS
03-18-2010, 01:24 AM
it just goes to show money cant buy skill. ive seen videos of a honda civic hatch keep up with a ford gt on a road course. in a road course/autocross scenario you need a fast driver more then a fast car.

EDIT: heres that video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fM5GigFPjU

69gt4speed
03-18-2010, 07:35 AM
yep pretty damn sad Sherman...why I never do that...

slow ride
03-18-2010, 03:58 PM
I doubt that heaton (I mean eaton) is even making what it does on the dyno (not a jab at cobras, but an observation is all). They heat soak after one lap doing stuff like this when stock. Looked like the z owner didn't want to pass and drove a little on the conservative side, but who cares. Just a bunch of guys out having fun.

69gt4speed
03-18-2010, 08:09 PM
There has been a few moderately successful on the track w a eaton at lower boost levels like I run...12/13# isn't bad unless it's really hot out and those guys run evans cooling stuff and aftermarket radiator and intercooler, water pump. Ok this guy runs short track quite a bit so he isn't all dumb and his car is set up more for this stuff. He's running the new nittos but the vette has hoosiers and has track exp. Now I think this vid is brand new so it is fairly cool out even down south. Hey btw u in the manual runoff this yr? Just asking..

slow ride
03-18-2010, 08:39 PM
Maybe if it's in the fall or close to it. I'm telling you my vette's drivetrain is like glass. I've had it apart every year I've had it. Just getting old and lazy so down time is not something I look forward to. I'd love to get a drag pack with some bias plys on the rear for shock cushion, but don't want to pony up the cash right now. I keep telling myself I could do some soft launch passes, but once I'm at the line all that goes out the window and I go into kill mode :)

69gt4speed
03-18-2010, 08:49 PM
Lol I have the fragile rear end well got 1.5k dss halfshafts otherwise it's mostly stock. Get some et streets, it will hold then or qtp's... fk dr they break crap and hop also. At least consider that.. hey I am a broke azz also esp w my surgery.. I could buy a ford gt or zr1 w money I've spent on myself... Pretty sad imo. Still think about it... though Joe will prob kick azz but there is always luck... As far as I know you are younger than I. Ed, George, Alex can attest to me changing a halfshaft at cordova in the dark.

slow ride
03-18-2010, 09:00 PM
I didn't think he had a stick car anymore? Did he convert the 03 back? Hell I'd love to break half shfts instead of diff carriers. With what a c5 diff costs I could buy a dana 60 for a f body that you could beat the snot out of. Only reason the diff lives in a vette is the light weight of the car for the most part.

I'm toying with the idea of converting to a c6 z or zr diff setup sometime though. Need the rear craddle, control arms, spring, tail housing, deff, etc. They are much stronger than the c5 stuff.

69gt4speed
03-18-2010, 09:40 PM
He is going to buy a c6 zo6 so that's the plan.. Then spray the thing and take home the trophy... So a hi 10 sec time will be needed imo and some luck on the light... Seriously the 4 runs I've done on et streets way superior to 17" dr, no bs, +1k more off the line. It will be at cfr so in ur neighborhood.

Domestic Disturbance
03-19-2010, 02:00 PM
haha I don't remember posting that. I still agree with what I said though. I know those eaton cobra's are capable, but that zr1 driver clearly isnt experienced. A lighter car and more aero car with more rwhp not pulling in the straights just doesn't make sense. If he's braking early, missing apex's, does he probably doesnt know what gears to be in and where yet. haha rob always trying to stir up some good debate, ford trouble makers. When are we getting the cars back out?

On a side note, looks fun as hell. Maybe I'll have a corner carver someday.

69gt4speed
03-19-2010, 08:01 PM
I had mine out today, A guy came over and helped swap tires so dr are back on. Somewhere I got huge azz staple in one et street so it needs a patch in it.

Yea this was some guy off of svtp I was surprised that zr1 just didn't run away on that long straight myself idk...zr1 should have 540 whp at least.

69gt4speed
03-19-2010, 09:03 PM
A little more light on the mods and so on....

04 comp orange cobra .... #3702 of 3768 ...cat-back, x-pipe, cai, 2.93 pulley, kb stb, agent 47 sla front suspension, mm700 rears, aluminum block, torsen tr2, delrin irs a-arm bushings from ac427, t-56 with viper 5th and 6th gears. 11.83@118mph at fontucky with a 1.822 60'. 163.3mph at mojave mile on 315's on all corners.

I'm not sure if he was but i was hitting the anti-locks here and there. The ZR1 owner said he was entering the oval between 150mph and 170mph. I looked down once and the speedo read 150mph. I was in fifth gear which is .75 vs the stock fifth gear which is .80.

69gt4speed
03-19-2010, 10:20 PM
Here is the cobra guy doing that standing mile run at I believe same place Allgo/Joe posted that ford gt up..This turd went 163 mph. Not bad for a brick imo.
http://www.streetfire.net/video/termina ... 740558.htm (http://www.streetfire.net/video/terminating-corvettes-with-a-terminator_740558.htm)