PDA

View Full Version : WTB Bov - (Something like a 1g or something)

Clinical
03-17-2010, 03:09 PM
Don't want to spend a lot of money on one.

My bov is really screwing with me on the talon, sometimes it won't even vent.
I've played with the screw a lot and it doesn't do much.

I'm intending on picking up a new nice bov here soon but right now I just want to get something that'll work for now.

I know the stock 1g bov's are supposed to be great for stock bov's. Although I'll take about anything to use as a temporary fix.

If anyone has something like this let me know.

Thanks

Drifte
03-17-2010, 03:22 PM
I always hated that bov, I have a stock 1g left, I just sold another one on ebay for like $45. I had intended to instal a Tial Q bov on it if I had it any longer.

Clinical
03-17-2010, 05:11 PM
Yeah, the bolt that adjusts the pressure of which it vents had been acting up and somehow pulling itself in and keeping it from venting at all and just surging.

I just threw 3 nuts on the bolt and it seemed to have fixed it but now it's just working sometimes and other times it wont.

I'd like to get something like an HKS SSQV - a friend has one and I love it.
I'd like a tial but I swear everyone has one. I mean, there arent any on the cars around here that i know of - but among the DSM/boosted community in general it seems like everyone has a tial lol.

How much would you want for the 1g?

Judging by how the 1g looks and the bov flange looks on the talon it looks like it's already set up for the 1g bov? Which would be great :)

Drifte
03-17-2010, 08:03 PM
People use the Tial because it is by far the best way to go. The hks ssqv hasnt proven worthy of high hp cars, and is a smaller valve. I dont recall what the charge pipe is set up for but if you want a 1g I could sell you one for $45 with the elbow in case you need the weld on flange.

s13kid
03-18-2010, 10:54 AM
I have a HKS SSQV. Never used, still in the box.

$150

Clinical
03-18-2010, 01:59 PM
Thanks guys but I think I found one :)

If not I may go ahead and pick up that HKS from you.
What version is it? I know they have a plethora of versions of the SSQV lol

TbTalon94
03-18-2010, 02:25 PM
You do realize they make a Tial that recirculates now right.... and not the huge softball one.....

Clinical
03-18-2010, 05:28 PM
it was my understanding that recirculating wouldn't really do much for me after a tune?

A lot of my understanding has come off of DSMTuners and I'm still vague on it.
I really don't care how the BOV looks either lol.

The one I'm looking at picking up is a NGR Type-S.
It's the company that took the rights to the Greddy Type-S and it's been proven that their new diaphram and design fixed the faults of the Greddy Type-S.

I emailed back and fourth with NGR, I couldn't believe how quick their responses were.. It was said they customer service is amazing. It was 9am and I was getting emails back within 20 minutes of my sending. The price for one brand new is 129.99 and I told them I may wait awhile to make a final choice just because I wasn't sure I wanted to spend the money yet, I have the money but I'd rather see a paycheck or two before I do it.

However he made me a better deal after that and now I'm probably going to go ahead and go for it.

We'll see how it turns out :)

Drifte
03-18-2010, 09:35 PM
130 is about the price for a real greddy.

Drifte
03-18-2010, 09:40 PM
You do realize they make a Tial that recirculates now right.... and not the huge softball one.....
But it is the huge softball one.

Clinical
03-18-2010, 10:22 PM
130 is about the price for a real greddy.
That's about the price I'm seeing for used Greddys.
Did they go for that new too?

Btw did you get my pm about the hood?

s13kid
03-19-2010, 12:13 AM
Version III. Let me know if your interested, I"ll be opening it up in about 3 weeks to put on my car. Other wise I'd like to get a Tial if someone wants it before then.

TbTalon94
03-19-2010, 06:41 AM
But it is the huge softball one.

No...no it is not.
http://streettunedmotorsports.com/parts/b/tial_q_r_bov.jpg

TbTalon94
03-19-2010, 06:46 AM
it was my understanding that recirculating wouldn't really do much for me after a tune?

A lot of my understanding has come off of DSMTuners and I'm still vague on it.
I really don't care how the BOV looks either lol.

Tooners is full of idiots, realize that soon and you'll be better off.

You have dsmlink now. Get on dsmlink forums and search for what your wanting to know. They have real answers for questions and don't have a bunch of kiddies who just got done reading a Modified Magazine and think they know everything.

When you are maf based, recirculating the BOV is always necessary. No tune will fix the problem, it's impossible. Untill you move onto a GM maf (blow thru), or go speed density then you need to recirculate.

It also helps to retain spool between shifts, so there is nothing wrong with recirculating...except you can't hear the noise so much which is a lot of people want.

Drifte
03-19-2010, 08:16 AM
forgot about that, since its take them 4-5 months to get the alpha q restocked kind of ignored all talk of recirculating tials.

Oh yea I got your PM, the hoods free if I'm not left with another one. Other wise theirs a $20 big ass hood storage fee!

Oh, and yes recirculate for best performance. I'd just use a stock 1g bov, its cheap and effective.

Clinical
03-19-2010, 10:33 AM
Alright, I may make a trip up for that hood soon then :P

I'll just come hoodless lol
I'll let you know

Drifte
03-19-2010, 02:50 PM
^ ha you cheap bastard lol.

Clinical
03-19-2010, 03:52 PM
:biggrin: :supz: