03-08-2010, 10:11 PM
This thing is pretty nasty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5S4x38YGMc

Domestic Disturbance
03-09-2010, 12:16 PM
man that thing sounds wicked

sLoWnStEaDy
03-09-2010, 01:48 PM
what? someone put an LSx into something that didn't originally come with that motor?

Very original! First time I have ever seen that! OBVIOUS SARCASM

Domestic Disturbance
03-09-2010, 03:00 PM
best thing is it never gets old :supz:

sLoWnStEaDy
03-09-2010, 03:13 PM
best thing is it never gets old :supz:

IDK, I have become desensitized to LSx swaps. They don't impress me anymore because I think they have almost literally been shoved into every make/model of car on the planet. I mean, it is still cool and all but, same old swap we've been seeing for like 10 years now.

slow ride
03-09-2010, 03:35 PM
Who cares if it's been done. It's a light engine that fits into many locations. Would you rather see something different even if it's harder to do and has less aftermarket support?

CiviC_boY
03-09-2010, 03:38 PM
Its just a east way to go fast. Put a stock motor in a light ass car and have fun...lol

FiFdYnUtZ
03-09-2010, 04:12 PM
reliability, speed, handling? not sure that would get old to me..

sLoWnStEaDy
03-09-2010, 07:02 PM
Who cares if it's been done. It's a light engine that fits into many locations. Would you rather see something different even if it's harder to do and has less aftermarket support?

Yes... yes I would.

85XR7Project
03-09-2010, 07:18 PM
To be honest I am always more impressed to see a 5.0 or 4.6 swapped into something than an LSx motor. Maybe its because I prefer Fords but either way Ford engines don't get the love that GM engines do so I guess thats the way of the world. Either way I love engine swaps into something that came with a smaller engine.

DustinsDuster
03-09-2010, 07:37 PM
To be honest I am always more impressed to see a 5.0 or 4.6 swapped into something than an LSx motor. Maybe its because I prefer Fords but either way Ford engines don't get the love that GM engines do so I guess thats the way of the world. Either way I love engine swaps into something that came with a smaller engine.

yeah, and Chrysler engines see even less aftermarket support, and even less swaps. really a shame too, as the Gen III Hemis arent all that dissimilar from the LSx family. stock SRT8 cylinder head castings cant support over 300cfm ported too...

Domestic Disturbance
03-09-2010, 07:50 PM
To be honest I am always more impressed to see a 5.0 or 4.6 swapped into something than an LSx motor. Maybe its because I prefer Fords.
ya thats probably it. If you aren't into lsx's why would you get that excited. I ilke the idea there's tons of cars with v8's in them that never were meant for it, like rear engine v8 porsches.

Domestic Disturbance
03-09-2010, 07:53 PM

yeah, and Chrysler engines see even less aftermarket support, and even less swaps. really a shame too, as the Gen III Hemis arent all that dissimilar from the LSx family. stock SRT8 cylinder head castings cant support over 300cfm ported too...

The kid in town who had the heads/cam 5.7 hemi 300c awd no longer has that car, I think it was totaled by ins. That'd be a killer donor.

slow ride
03-09-2010, 08:44 PM
It's not that I'm a ls fanboy, but the potential and flexibility of a ls engine/ecu for the cost is second to none. Where else can you build a 4.8L - 7.0L+ engine and fit it in the same location and run it well with the stock ecu. Making big power forced indution wise anything can work, but you need cubes to make big na power. It doesn't hurt when you get all this in a light weight package.

I like the new hemi stuff, but it's just not that common and they are just getting around to craking the full potential from the ecu. Not to mention not having much for manual transmission selection if thats how one wants to go. Factory head wise they flow as good or better than older ls1 stuff with much better mid lift numbers.

DustinsDuster
03-09-2010, 09:33 PM
its a real bummer they dont put 6 speeds in the chargers, but i can see why. they're big heavy cars, and im sure not many people would buy it. people are lame now- most of them just want easier and cushier. pansies.

sLoWnStEaDy
03-09-2010, 09:38 PM
that's part of the reason I am into the "odd ball" swaps. anyone can buy an LSx and then buy any and every bolt on you could possibly imagine and make tons of power but where is the fun in that? I mean honestly, I almost did an LS1 swap in the FC then changed my mind and started researching a 1JZ/2JZ then actually picked up a 340 Mopar then sold that motor and with with a SBF. Main reason there is because I got the 5.0HO for free from a buddy when I helped him part out his fox body the got stolen, wrecked then recovered but still.

Point being, yes, they (LSx swaps) are still neat but kinda like flat black paint, It has just been done to hell and it is no longer original. Like how "not being cool" is now "cool" but then there are those people who where really "not cool" and happy with it before being "not cool" was "cool" but now they just look like they are trying to be "not cool" so they can really be "cool" therefore making them "not cool" because they are trying.

LOL wrap your heads around that one!

CiviC_boY
03-09-2010, 10:17 PM

The kid in town who had the heads/cam 5.7 hemi 300c awd no longer has that car, I think it was totaled by ins. That'd be a killer donor.

It would be a killer donor if anything was able to be used the car caught on fire.. Now he has a newer roush mustang with lambo doors..