PDA

View Full Version : Got my 'maro out for the day

Luminatorz34
03-06-2010, 07:55 PM
Well after my car was put away middle of november, it was nice enough of a day today for me to get the ole girl out of the garage and let her stretch for a bit. it was sooooo nice to drive the camaro, vs a 92 yukon. lol when i turn the car is actually responsive unlike the yukon. and it handles awesome, unlike the yukon. lol. i didnt realize how much i missed her until today. i was driving with a smile on my face. it was nice to have her back for a day. now its put away again, because of freezing rain with a possibility for more snow again. oh well, it was still nice. i took it easy on her too, being as she was put away for over 3 months already, and didnt want to hurt her, being as the knock sensor is still dead causing it to run rich as hell, and oops didnt have insurance on her for the day. but it was all worth the risk. just thought id share this. thank you and good nite!

sLoWnStEaDy
03-06-2010, 08:16 PM
Congrats! I actually just took the SuperCoupe out for the first time today but I won't Hijack your thread ;)

Luminatorz34
03-06-2010, 08:19 PM
oh i dont care if its hikacked as long as its someone that got their car out also :) howd the s/c treat u today?

sLoWnStEaDy
03-06-2010, 08:26 PM
oh i dont care if its hikacked as long as its someone that got their car out also :) howd the s/c treat u today?

All kinds of fun!! Like driving a whole new car now (of course I did change almost everything except the long block LOL) Forgot the roads are still sandy and flung the ass end everywhere at like 40MPH, scared the crap out of me but it was FUN! Found out I have a small exhaust leak and that (as figured) the 90* couplers are flattening under vacuum so I ordered some cast 90*s. I think I will take the RX5.0 out tomorrow!

Luminatorz34
03-06-2010, 08:29 PM
yea that was part of the reason i took it easy on the maro today. the roads up here might as well be a beach for as sandy as they are. so i didnt even attempt to goose it. didnt want to take a risk of ripping my car apart. so it was steady cruising today. was nice hearing/feeling power haha, unlike the yukon

sLoWnStEaDy
03-06-2010, 08:33 PM
yea that was part of the reason i took it easy on the maro today. the roads up here might as well be a beach for as sandy as they are. so i didnt even attempt to goose it. didnt want to take a risk of ripping my car apart. so it was steady cruising today. was nice hearing/feeling power haha, unlike the yukon

LOL... I just enjoyed the ass end sliding around instead of all that damn "torque steer" crap I get form the Cadillac!

Luminatorz34
03-06-2010, 08:42 PM
lol i cant even get any sliding or anything out of the yuke.....its so under powered its not even funny....but i know it has more power than our old bronco did. that thing couldnt getout of its own way.....im about to tear into the camaro to fix my knock sensors...i have them ready to install, just not thrilled about tearing the intake off to do them, maybe the camaro will run hard again sometime soon....sucks getting 225-250 miles to a tank of gas, when it was getting like 325-350/tank

sLoWnStEaDy
03-06-2010, 08:47 PM
lol i cant even get any sliding or anything out of the yuke.....its so under powered its not even funny....but i know it has more power than our old bronco did. that thing couldnt getout of its own way.....im about to tear into the camaro to fix my knock sensors...i have them ready to install, just not thrilled about tearing the intake off to do them, maybe the camaro will run hard again sometime soon....sucks getting 225-250 miles to a tank of gas, when it was getting like 325-350/tank

for sure... I have never checked the mileage in the 'lac. Between all the added weight of yo system and the fact I can't help but let my foot hit the floor I am too scared. The last time I looked at the "average MPG" on the car it said like 17.X but cruising up to Minnesota and back it averaged almost 30MPG so... IDK

Good luck with her man!

Luminatorz34
03-06-2010, 08:51 PM
oh i got a good pile of after market goodies for the maro right now. but im waiting till i get everything for it, because of the fact that i dont wanna do shit twice, and im sending a bunch of stuff out to get powder coated for the under hood goodies also, so when i feel as thought im done buying shit for it, ill send my stuff to get powdered as i install the stuff and then put it all together again

Ricky
03-08-2010, 07:46 AM
i had the ol subaru out too!

:)

Clinical
03-08-2010, 09:02 AM
I got the firebird out saturday just to cruise it before and after work a bit.
Then now I'm ending up DDing it with the talon down.

Is definitely nice to drive it again and be in a car that doesn't seem like its wrapped tight around me lol

TbTalon94
03-08-2010, 12:09 PM
I've been driving my Evo most of the winter...then i decided to change a few things up and it's been down the past 2 weeks! Sucks that i'm missing all this nice weather, but the roads do suck.

FiFdYnUtZ
03-08-2010, 04:25 PM
i need to get to cr and drive my car for a bit too, i've been having withdrawls....the winter is a dark dark time...

stangvortech
03-08-2010, 05:22 PM
I'm taking mine out text week and bring it up to school with me after the dyno tune. I cant wait!

Clinical
03-08-2010, 05:30 PM
i need to get to cr and drive my car for a bit too, i've been having withdrawls....the winter is a dark dark time...
yeah I hear that

This winter has really seemed suckier than most!

FiFdYnUtZ
03-08-2010, 05:33 PM
yeah I hear that

This winter has really seemed suckier than most!

you have no idea..lol

z28z34man
03-12-2010, 07:17 AM
Funny I took my camaro out to last weekend. I moved it from my old apartment to my new house. Still cold blooded as heck and ran like crap half way there but what can I expect driving a car with out any sort of choke what so ever

ZEE
03-12-2010, 08:29 AM
What's a choke...............Oh wait, I think my snowblower has one. :)

69gt4speed
03-12-2010, 11:12 PM
Well I'm going to put the m/t dr radials back on... 10# restriction or not, the bone seems to be fairly good. Maybe rain will quit. Been a month +.