PDA

View Full Version : Classical Gas

DustinsDuster
02-22-2010, 01:31 PM
if you're not a fan of the song, just skip to 2:40 and wait a few seconds. this rendition even has some of "Walk Don't Run" thrown in the middle of it. fucking awesome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQJ1k2HMoRU

69gt4speed
02-23-2010, 04:37 PM
Been a while since I've heard this.. Mason williams was original composer/ player of this. Williams and mannheim steamroller did a version of this that was pretty popular for a while back in the day.

DustinsDuster
02-23-2010, 05:37 PM
yeah, i have the original version too. i much prefer the Williams solo version to the one with the whole band- little much for me.

i just thought i would share this after reading your post in the other thread with the links to guitar vids. im a big Tommy Emmanuel fan; he's one of only four CGPs(Certified Guitar Player) awarded by Chet Atkins himself. more than anything i just wanted people to see him hit that harmonic chord and bend the neck of the guitar to distort it like a wammy bar. amazing!

69gt4speed
02-24-2010, 12:34 AM
Music and for me good guitar playing is like watching a fast car ..it's always good no matter the brand. So many styles and techniques. Many these guys are so old anymore or dead who knows how long they will be around. Amazing some ppl had tapes of them long ago. Too bad about a lot of drag racing back then, there is nothing.