PDA

View Full Version : Anyone good at painting wheels?

Clinical
02-19-2010, 10:35 PM
I have my sights on my friend's wheels for the talon, they're in great shape however his paint job is flaking and the lip's paint on the front is all peeled off from being stuck.

I'm thinking a nice black, just wondering if anyone around is pretty good at doing wheels?
I was going to do the stockers myself but if I get these wheels i want it done by someone with more experience.

Just wondering about how much it'd run.

Luminatorz34
02-20-2010, 09:07 AM
painting wheels is cheap and easy to do, but like you mentioned the wheels will flake or peel down the road. i would reccomend powder coating them. they last forever, and look good at the same time. i got all of my wheels done for 100 bucks, and they warantee the powder for 15 years. so if any of them flake i get them fixed for free

Clinical
02-20-2010, 10:13 AM
Where did you have yours done at?
I'd love to have a warranty like that!

Luminatorz34
02-20-2010, 02:30 PM
its a place local for me...i had to prep my rims (sand blast) but i know a guy that blasts too, and did all of my wheels for 15 bucks.

Ricky
02-22-2010, 08:41 AM
dont do black. thats so over done. every tool out there is rolling on black wheels
:)

Luminatorz34
02-22-2010, 09:44 AM
hey now ricky...i have black powder on my wheels....does that make Me a tool??

Clinical
02-22-2010, 09:46 AM
its a place local for me...i had to prep my rims (sand blast) but i know a guy that blasts too, and did all of my wheels for 15 bucks.

I'm really not sure what other colors go with the talon that well.
I've thought of maybe a gun metal but I'm not sure, I just think black would look best on it.

TbTalon94
02-22-2010, 11:55 AM

He also has black wheels....

Clinical
02-22-2010, 11:58 AM
Well I think I'm going to pass up these wheels.
I know he'd want some money alongside mine and right now I just have other things I'd like to focus on.

They were Evo 8 wheels, would have looked good but still needed some touching up - they look great on his car.

Maybe someday in the future I'll snag some up if I find a good deal.

Ricky
02-22-2010, 12:59 PM

He also has black wheels....

hehe thats why i had the :) at the end. I love black wheels. Every car i have had so far i had black wheels on it. I thought you knew that Lummy

Luminatorz34
02-22-2010, 11:04 PM
haha it must have slipped my mind there ricky