PDA

View Full Version : WTB: small engine

DustinsDuster
02-01-2010, 06:02 PM
looking for a small engine for my Powerwheels project. ideal would probably be some kind of a gokart layout, or maybe a snowblower, with the output on the side or front of the engine. something in the 5hp range to keep it small. just checking to see if anyone has anything sitting around.

NitrousMike
02-01-2010, 09:15 PM
lmao

sLoWnStEaDy
02-01-2010, 09:16 PM
Great timing... I just sold my last 6hp B&S side shaft to a buddy for $20. I should have known you'd be looking for one soon... If you deicde to grow a pair of balls, I have a 440cc side shaft John Deer motor :bigthumb:

127cc B & G (3hp) for $65 http://cedarrapids.craigslist.org/grd/1555337006.html

Eska 4HP for $50 http://dubuque.craigslist.org/tls/1568619766.html

DustinsDuster
02-01-2010, 09:43 PM
the big thing is getting it to fit under the car. i just checked out an old snowmobile motor today a guy wanted $50 for, but it was just too big. no way itd fit under there. and yeah, your B&S wouldve been perfect, why didnt you offer it earlier?!?!?!?! let me know if you hear of any others...

sLoWnStEaDy
02-01-2010, 10:04 PM
the big thing is getting it to fit under the car. i just checked out an old snowmobile motor today a guy wanted $50 for, but it was just too big. no way itd fit under there. and yeah, your B&S wouldve been perfect, why didnt you offer it earlier?!?!?!?! let me know if you hear of any others...

I forgot I had it to be honest. He was over here helping me put some more stuff up in my rafters and he found it in a Rubbermaid thing. Offered me $20 and I said sure, then I bought the 440 John Deere off of him for $50 (with a snowmobie attached LOL)

gsxtacy
02-02-2010, 06:11 AM
Check out harbor freight. With their 20% off coupons you could get a new engine fairly cheap.

sparkles
02-02-2010, 09:08 AM

I forgot I had it to be honest. He was over here helping me put some more stuff up in my rafters and he found it in a Rubbermaid thing. Offered me $20 and I said sure, then I bought the 440 John Deere off of him for $50 (with a snowmobie attached LOL)

I truly miss my old Liquifire 440. I beat the shit outta that thing and it kept going.