PDA

View Full Version : About to be a home owner

z28z34man
01-31-2010, 01:55 AM
Me and my fiancée put an offer in on a house in marion and we got it i am very excited.

one of the nice features for me is it has a two stall heated garage no more of this wotking outside in 5* weather

blackx-runner
01-31-2010, 10:03 AM
Congrats man. And you get a nice $8k from the govmt. Assuming this is your first house. And the 2 stall heated garage is a big plus.
I bought my house in late 08' and its awesome owning your own home. I would have loved to have a heated garage, but I settled on an unheated 2 stall. Much better than the no garage I had before.

DustinsDuster
01-31-2010, 11:11 AM
congrats. where in marion is it? the girlfriend and i are coming up on 1 year in our new place. we've already spent the $8k and more on the house already, but now the house has a new furnace, A/C unit, remodeled bathroom, kitchen is almost done, washer, dryer, waterheater, etc. i really lucked out on my garage as well- it doesnt have heat, but im working on that.

again, congrats on the buy- its a good investment for sure.

McKeever
01-31-2010, 01:13 PM
Congrats. I know how you feel! I picked up a steal of a place in Center Point last October. Oversized 2 stall, finished, insulated, 240v wiring. As for heat, I got a 5000w electric heater from Theisens, for a couple hundred and it worked great!

Drifte
01-31-2010, 01:20 PM
From no garage to any is pretty amazing. I spent 3 years in a crappy apartment with my car parked out side for the most part. Now I have a 2 stall as well, unheated but from nothing to something its hard to even care. I know dustin must have nearly remodeled his whole house every time Im at Menards I think I see him.

warchild145
01-31-2010, 04:25 PM
Congrats. I know how you feel! I picked up a steal of a place in Center Point last October. Oversized 2 stall, finished, insulated, 240v wiring. As for heat, I got a 5000w electric heater from Theisens, for a couple hundred and it worked great!

If ya don't mind me asking, where did you end up finding that place in CP? I tried to find a place in CP before I got an awesome deal on a house in Walker out in the country. Seemed like everything in CP was over priced.

BTW to the OP, once you have a garage you will never go back and will want to make it bigger before the year is over.

Clinical
01-31-2010, 04:29 PM
Congrats!

I don't know what I do when I go off to a different college here in the next year or so, because I'll definitely most likely not have a garage. Hopefully I'll make some friends lol.

DustinsDuster
01-31-2010, 04:48 PM
yeah, here's a piece of wisdom for everyone: your garage will never be big enough- believe it. i have a 950sqft garage thats packed full right now. just deal with what you get!

McKeever
01-31-2010, 08:39 PM

If ya don't mind me asking, where did you end up finding that place in CP? I tried to find a place in CP before I got an awesome deal on a house in Walker out in the country. Seemed like everything in CP was over priced.

BTW to the OP, once you have a garage you will never go back and will want to make it bigger before the year is over.

It's located on grubbs street. The house was a repo and sold as is but was by far the best thing I saw for the money. But your right, a lot of the stuff I looked at was over priced. I feel very fortunate.

z28z34man
02-01-2010, 04:36 PM
the house is on 6th st just off 29th ave in marion