PDA

View Full Version : Opinions please for my fox interior

K-ville
01-19-2010, 03:57 PM
Since there is nothing in my car right now and I want to make the switch to black interior anyway im going to at least have to buy carpet, recover the seats or buy black ones, dye some rear panels or buy new, get black door panels, and do something with the dash either dye it or buy a black one... Im thinking about swapping to SN95 style interior. The only real pain in the ass would be making the doors work as the dash more or less fits right in with little fab work. Or I even thought about doing a combo black and grey interior like a grey dash and door panels with black carpet and seats.. and i want some sort of a factory seats i dont feel like spending three grand on aftermarket , or buying ricer junk ones. What do you all think? and here is the fox that gave me the swap idea http://www.fquick.com/garages/viewgalle ... g&id=55108 (http://www.fquick.com/garages/viewgallery.php?action=viewimg&id=55108)

Scott
01-19-2010, 04:07 PM
That SN-95 interior is badass, I havent seen it in a fox body in person before. As far as actually riding in it I like the fox body interior "if you add cup holders" it feels less claustrophobic to me.

XR4LIFE
01-19-2010, 04:12 PM
I love the 94-04 interior, but the swap seems to be more of a pain in the ass then its worth. I would just convert your stock interior over to black :bigthumb:

K-ville
01-19-2010, 04:12 PM
yea i have seen maybe 10 cars that guys are still converting over and are unfinished some where fairly tacky and I dismissed the idea then a couple weeks ago I saw that car actually done and it changed my opinion. I cant decide which i like best i loved the slwobra but i also feel like im in a muscle car when im in a fox... I dont know haha!!!!

K-ville
01-19-2010, 04:14 PM
I love the 94-04 interior, but the swap seems to be more of a pain in the ass then its worth. I would just convert your stock interior over to black :bigthumb:

thats what im leaning toward but i just like to make things a little different and with a fox its about impossible to get out of the just another fox category but this would help

sparkles
01-19-2010, 04:26 PM
I like the black and grey combo, although I've always been partial to that color scheme. I say go for the switch if you are going to do it right. Based off of everything else I've seen of your car, you are, so just do it if you want to. Finding a wreck v6 shouldn't be too hard either.

K-ville
01-19-2010, 04:43 PM
I like the black and grey combo, although I've always been partial to that color scheme. I say go for the switch if you are going to do it right. Based off of everything else I've seen of your car, you are, so just do it if you want to. Finding a wreck v6 shouldn't be too hard either.

thanks i try my best to do things right. hints why its taking me 3 years to do a bolt together car haha. I dont know what I want thats the problem! and fact of the matter is i can prolly get a nice/nearly perfect conversion from a junkyard cheaper than new fox replacement stuff. and i dont know if i trust dyeing stuff has anyone redone a dash or door panels with dye that lasted and looked good?

85XR7Project
01-19-2010, 05:19 PM
Agreed on the black and grey fox interior. I do think the SN95 interior switches look sweet but I always think the door panels look so odd. Do you have that odd red color interior now?

K-ville
01-19-2010, 06:34 PM
nope its grey. not in horrible shape but not nice enough for me to leave it alone

http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp252/kvillestunter/002-5.jpg

http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp252/kvillestunter/006-5.jpg

black88gt
01-19-2010, 07:38 PM
the grey black would be good

throw in some grey leather svo seats for good measure as stock 87-93 seats blow ass

DustinsDuster
01-19-2010, 08:02 PM
they grey/black combo would probably help keep cabin temps down a bit. i agree the SN95 interior looks cool- but i too dont think it would be worth all the work to get it in and make it look good. would look awesome though.

K-ville
01-19-2010, 08:06 PM
the more i think about it the more i feel like it would take away part of what its like to ride in a fox.... not to mention im worthless and dont feel like making complete custom doors haha

sparkles
01-19-2010, 08:08 PM
The way you've went already with the car, I'm surprised you're going to even put an interior back in. Put a seat, cage, and a badazz 8 track player and haul azz I say.

K-ville
01-19-2010, 08:11 PM
i dont know what your talking about... its just a 306 with baby charger on it built for the street :yawinkle:

sparkles
01-19-2010, 08:19 PM
Yeah...I know ALL about that. Remember, all I own is some POS Earl Shive Paint Job 305 with a "cam" turd gen.

Your car's gonna be wicked when it's done. Can't wait to see it.

K-ville
01-19-2010, 08:23 PM
i hope your right.. and the cage and tubs are just for looks i had to do the tubs to clear my 24inch spinners :biggrin:

sparkles
01-19-2010, 08:24 PM
i hope your right.. and the cage and tubs are just for looks i had to do the tubs to clear my 24inch spinners :biggrin:

Is that where the K member came into play too then? Tire clearance.

K-ville
01-19-2010, 08:26 PM
no the old one wouldnt have looked as good in chrome like im doing the new one

sparkles
01-19-2010, 08:26 PM
LOL. I bet.

FiFdYnUtZ
01-19-2010, 09:46 PM
sn95 would be really unique and imo worth the extra effort...

85XR7Project
01-19-2010, 09:50 PM
I think new seat covers and a clean/new carpet would go miles. The interior on that car is actually in pretty good shape, check out 5.0 Resto I know they have about 99% of anything you'd be looking for for either avenue.

K-ville
01-19-2010, 10:03 PM
sn95 would be really unique and imo worth the extra effort...

for now

I think new seat covers and a clean/new carpet would go miles. The interior on that car is actually in pretty good shape, check out 5.0 Resto I know they have about 99% of anything you'd be looking for for either avenue.

agreed and im a dealer with anything i need just dont know what i want for sure

K-ville
01-20-2010, 03:07 PM
how about seats? im kinda thinkin about goin to kirkeys?

FiFdYnUtZ
01-20-2010, 03:11 PM
if you have big plans to go fast you might HAVE to go to kirkeys haha..

Scott
01-20-2010, 03:15 PM
you do need to brace your seats to the roll cage, there is also a maximum distance your seat can be away from the rollcage I believe.. I've been thinking about upgrading to kirkeys, I have the plastic ones in there now and they get the job done pretty good, fairly comfy too actually. Cant remmeber the manufacturer but someone makes a aluminum seat bracket thats nice and light to compliment lightweight seats, along with a seat brace kit for the roll cage. So before the cage I would get the seating position figured out

K-ville
01-20-2010, 03:17 PM
i dont think there is a rule against running stack style seat is there? i like the looks of kirkeys and they are light and safe and all that good stuff but the arent as comfy as the factory ones

Scott
01-20-2010, 03:23 PM
I would have to look in my NHRA book but I know with aftermarket seats they do have to be braced, and Im not sure how you could brace stock seats securely. Trying to find a clear rule definition in the NHRA book is almost impossible it seems like

K-ville
01-20-2010, 03:24 PM
yea i need to get another rule book my last one is like 06

30lbsboost
01-21-2010, 08:49 PM
I would have to look in my NHRA book but I know with aftermarket seats they do have to be braced, and Im not sure how you could brace stock seats securely. Trying to find a clear rule definition in the NHRA book is almost impossible it seems like

talk about unclear, im with ya. My SFI book has at least 3 different ways to do everything.

K-ville
01-21-2010, 08:52 PM
how about steering wheels? im think a detachable?? opinions please

FiFdYnUtZ
01-21-2010, 11:01 PM

talk about unclear, im with ya. My SFI book has at least 3 different ways to do everything.

yeah you must of mistaken the chute requirement for 100mph! LOL (sorry i had to, no more unprovoked bashes)

85XR7Project
01-22-2010, 06:31 AM
If executed right I think the detachible steering wheel could look pretty cool. I've seen it on a fox before and it does look pretty badass.

Scott
01-22-2010, 07:41 AM
I have been wanting to put a different wheel in mine for a while now but honestly havent seen a need to yet. If I was going to I would probably put a aftermarket column in there to drop some more weight out of it. I wanted to mount the T-brake button on the wheel too

K-ville
01-22-2010, 10:54 AM
no point to doing it ever on my opinion but i had a MOMO in my 95 gts and it was really nice. Id like to do detachable for making it a lil easier in and out of the car but it shouldnt be bad without either. and as far as aftermarket colums my car if gonna see the street alot and i dont feel like puting a colum through my chest if i crash

Scott
01-22-2010, 11:34 AM
LOL yeah I hear ya man, the collapsable aftermarket ones probably have more travel than the factory one though, I know the one on my modified moves alot anyway. I have a removable window net but it has a steel tubular mount that is higher than the door bar, somtimes I wish I had a removable wheel when trying to climb in and out while wearing all the racing gear and stuff, but then again out of the few styles I have used in circle track they all have play in them that could get anoying after a while, not to mention if you dont have it seated all the way you can pull the steering wheel at the worst possible time!! and that would suck. I would vote aftermarket wheel but not removable

K-ville
01-22-2010, 11:37 AM
im thinkin the key locking wheel kit you cant pull the off without turning the key

K-ville
01-22-2010, 11:52 AM
like this is what i had in my camaro and i wroked pretty well

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/GRT-2001/?rtype=10

snickerlicker
01-22-2010, 01:32 PM
Stock foxbody interior freshened up is best. If you do want to switch it out for a newer style I have a 03 Cobra dash I will sell you cheap.

K-ville
01-22-2010, 01:54 PM
i think im gonna do stock for now. im gonna worry bout finishing it to haul some ass before i spend any money on th interior. but thanks for the offer ill keep it in mind if i build a DD this summer though

K-ville
01-23-2010, 02:08 PM
hey scott can you post some pics of your fox dash/instrument cluster? i remeber when we were at eddyville i was thinkin i liked your setup so i might copy you a little

Scott
01-23-2010, 03:56 PM
Not the best pics in the world, heres mine and then newer style done up like your looking for. I just used a piece of aluminum screwed into the factory gauge cluster, looks like a race car inside with the warning lights but they have saved the engine from overheating a few times when Im not paying attention, put a couple turn signal indicators in there too
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg178/427fogger/tristateMay5th053-1.jpg
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg178/427fogger/858.jpg

Scott
01-23-2010, 04:06 PM
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg178/427fogger/1250.jpg

K-ville
01-23-2010, 04:09 PM
yea i dont want it to look like airplane inside but id much rather have it look like one than loose a motor not payin attention. How the hell did you do the aluminum? did you just throw out the old speedo cluster?

Scott
01-23-2010, 04:40 PM
yep, I still have the factory one for mileage purposes "like it really makes a difference" but I got a junk yard cluster and cut it flat in the back, had the aluminum panel cut out for the gauges I wanted to put in there and just screwed it to the junkyard cluster, I could still fit the factory clear plastic cover in there too but I didnt like the way it looked with the autometers in there

K-ville
01-23-2010, 05:13 PM
i think im gonna save myself time and just get a florida5.0 blank panel and go from there. i can prolly sell this old shit for a buck or two to put toward it. there only 100.00