PDA

View Full Version : Manual runoff 2010

Pages : 1 [2]

AutoMods
08-09-2010, 11:46 AM
What is Casey's mod list?

c_mart_28
08-09-2010, 12:37 PM
2.3 whipple (just the baby whipple) pullied to about 21psi by redline. E85, fuel system, suspension, solid rear-axle, etc..

Stock longblock, transmission, full weight (less back seat..)

AutoMods
08-09-2010, 02:01 PM
2.3 whipple (just the baby whipple) pullied to about 21psi by redline. E85, fuel system, suspension, solid rear-axle, etc..

stock cams and no nitrous?

snickerlicker
08-09-2010, 02:19 PM
^ I'm sure it is stock cams, no nitrous. 03-04 Cobra's fly with his mods, as everyone found out. Mod Motors FTW again!!

c_mart_28
08-09-2010, 02:44 PM

stock cams and no nitrous?
Yes and yes. Never have even had the valve covers off. Considering one or the other for over the winter though.

slow ride
08-09-2010, 03:53 PM
I'd guess you to be somewhere between 650-700 rwhp with the e85 correct? Nice car that leaves hard. It's always fun to watch a stick car launch hard.

c_mart_28
08-09-2010, 04:12 PM
672/715 on the bias plys on Kurgan's dyno. Good knowledgeable guess!

AutoMods
08-09-2010, 04:48 PM
Very nice!! I'd like to see the dyno chart if you have it handy.

c_mart_28
08-09-2010, 05:35 PM
Very nice!! I'd like to see the dyno chart if you have it handy.

No problem..be up tonight..

c_mart_28
08-09-2010, 05:58 PM
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb90/c_mart_28/Car%20Stuff/scan0001-1.jpg

Pretty hard on tires on the streets..

Scott
08-09-2010, 08:09 PM
LOL badass!! I'd love to switch my 03 to E85 and put a big ass whipple on it

AutoMods
08-09-2010, 08:22 PM
damn, thats a ton of torque down low at 2500 rpm's , do you know about what psi it would down there at 2500 rpm's?

slow ride
08-09-2010, 08:30 PM
Graph shows just under 23 psi ryan. It's just hard to see on the bottom they were logging boost and afr. Not really a torque curve more like a table

69gt4speed
08-09-2010, 08:58 PM
Looks pretty much like a 2.3 almost maxed out flow wise. You usually start seeing tq still go up and hp stay about the same. If he had say a 3.4 prob look different on tq curve. That a/f looks flat as a pancake, Kurgan tune that? And no I haven't seen many e85 dyno sheets either.

When wife gets off other computer I'll finish uploading stuff, I spent no sh-t 3+ hrs doing what I did, youtube is slow and I did not compress the .mov files at all. So bare w me. I did load the toploader in the 69 trunk and the guy called said money order on the way, we'll see. I just want to get a job 1 2011 gt. As far as I know none have blown up yet. Lot better than the old 69 junkyard mtr. lol. We'll see what 125 jets do. George said do 150's...lol

c_mart_28
08-09-2010, 09:15 PM
Yep Bob tuned it. It actually made a bit more power on a later dyno session but I don't have the chart loaded up.

And rob, you're exactly right, that's about the max you can safely get from a little 2.3. Made crazy tq at a super low rpm due to its efficiency tables but would've maybe made a good bit more peak HP with a 3.4.

c_mart_28
08-09-2010, 09:56 PM
Btw- the day's DA was up over 3500 ft!

AutoMods
08-10-2010, 09:57 PM
And my tires are just the bias ply ET streets. Totally shot ones at that. The 2 hour drive there (and back) I think finally did them in.

How many miles did you get out of the bias et streets? mainly track or do you regularly drive them on the street?

69gt4speed
08-11-2010, 12:37 AM
I myself have a season a yr so far and still good, about like drag radials or close to street tires. With street tires I kid you not spun at 70mph cause these cars are so front heavy like a old bb stang. They suck compared to a c6 base vette maybe Joes has issues but a stock 09 c6 is dynamite w a auto. Even w my 17" et streets it is not consistant esp w my driving. I've ran a 11.58 w m/t dr. and 11.55 w et streets. I thought that first test run been down there but had to let off, not as brave as Joe. That was the 11.77 at 93 mph deal. I just hope these fit the 2011 as the 03 w irs is such a crap shoot at track.
Doesn't need anymore power just get down the track as 129 is plenty good for a hi 10. Casey ran a 10.52 at 132 almost w a sra.

c_mart_28
08-11-2010, 08:51 AM
Honestly I have only driven them on the streets maybe a few times (no racing/burnouts) and once to eddyville and once to Cfr. Probably 5-6 racing outings as well as time spent on the dyno. I bought them used even. I'd venture to guess that you could get 4-5k miles out of a set with track outings as long as you don't thrash them on the streets.

Now I can't say what rob has experienced, but its pretty strongly recommended that you match the front tires up with a bias ply as well so your car isn't acting all funny as speed.

69gt4speed
08-11-2010, 12:20 PM
Final video I have first round of runoff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sguy25KjP2s

Scott
08-11-2010, 12:22 PM
They are far from ideal street tires, they can last a long time if properly inflated and stuff. Rain has a strong chance of wrecking your car, and burnouts on normal rough dry concrete on the street will destroy them fast. I've been running nothing but bias ply tires on my fox since I've had it and I go through them pretty fast doing burnouts and stuff

69gt4speed
08-11-2010, 11:30 PM
The rain deal is 100% real, I had white knuckles one day driving that thing to work when a sudden storm came up. It's like sheet ice. But those and qtp hook better than anything for a dot tire. I prob say the hoosier qtp might be a bit better but I couldn't find any 17" at the time. You saw Casey pulling front tires in that stang of his, almost impossible in a 03. Just get another 96 replica set if you want.

AutoMods
08-12-2010, 12:20 AM
well I'm wondering if I should drop down to the 15 inch rims rather then 17's. Also not sure how much better the MT street bias tires are vs the MT street radial. but if i went radial I wouldn't have to buy new front bias tires and rims.

69gt4speed
08-12-2010, 12:55 AM
15" is way to go for sure I guarantee that more sidewall better 60 ft and easier on parts, it's like a rubber band no sh-t. If I could do that w/o $$$ well done it already but bogarts are $$$. So if you can go w cheap azz 15" rims and ets streets or qtp's do it, and fk dr just get another set. Ask Scotty or Scott or Allgo or Eddy b or George. I want you to run that 10 sec. I just don't know w/o a 2 step how you will build boost w a manual. I've seen a 800 whp stang w a manual do crap w/o a 2 step. Why most just say fk it and go auto and hi stall. The easy way to build boost. You want to roll race or drag raqce then is the question. Hell I'll roll race you, no problemo. Even Joe in the vette for sh-t's and giggles. Won a lot that way ask anyone from 40/50 mph. We have almost same hp/ tq curve I'd be curious how that turned out though for sure you are lighter. Depends on boost you get I suppose, caveman style vs brake boosting. Easy w tires vs tricky ask Jesse. Prob urs spools up quick though.

Scott
08-12-2010, 07:45 AM
15" would definetly be the way to go if you want maximum traction, it would be hard to stop the car from bogging down though with no wheel speed. Might just have to try it and play around a bit to see what works, maybe a hit of juice out of the gate would wake it right up too!!! I have ran bias ply rear tires with radial skinnys in the front for a long time and couldnt tell a difference between bias or radials honestly. Might be a different story with those wide front tires you have though.

slow ride
08-12-2010, 04:21 PM
Depends on what you want to do ryan. Stick in a stright line or in corners also. A DR is way more of a street tire than a bias ply ever will be. If you can have both do it, otherwise pick one to suit your needs.

69gt4speed
08-12-2010, 07:21 PM
I run reg size tires on front well cause I didn't find narrow cheap azz 17's. I screwed up other day cause somehow since I have drag tokicos one side was at 1 one side was at 5 it made it sway so bad I let off then I fixed it and the pcv hose blew off. Then the miss and big vacuum leak... Just wasn't to be I guess. What I deserve, hadn't done anything since last yr even street stuff. Really when Joe and Casey ran what they did and I had problems well hang it up.

stangvortech
08-12-2010, 09:18 PM
I will sell my 16in m/t slicks. They have less then 10 passes on then and went 1.61 60ft on a irs cobra. 550+ new make offer and pm me. Im done with my car for the year.

69gt4speed
08-27-2010, 02:02 AM
Ok guys heres the deal... looking over the scheudles we have.......
http://www.tristateraceway.com/ Oct 10th Street Legal / Sport Compact, Test & Tune, GTP / Super Coupe Clash..... or Cordova Oct 1st from 6pm to 10pm revhard stuff.
Cordova sat the 9th of Oct., its open to anyone for am

I can't do friday night, I already burned my vac being sick. If you want me there. If not just figure out any fri night at cedar falls or cordova just look at the schedule and post it up. :supz: I really think plated auto guys should try it also, somebody just step up and say a date.. Many here are racers yea the fords might be favored but you never know. Look this over and if later I'll have Anita drive hopefully the new auto vs A manual cobra, hey Summer. Of course btw street tires crappy all season tiny azz tires. Don't think I could swap stuff around and Idk yet if 03 replicas even fit. So imo later would be maybe better if you want to see the 2011. Idk if I'll have it but I should if mid Oct. or later.

Ok looking CFR has this availible

Sat Oct 16 Fall Fun Test Day plus Ford Drags & Open Comp
Open 2p, Time Trials 3pm, Eliminations to follow

Sat Oct 9th Fun Day Testing, Motorcycles, 10.5" Tire
plus RevHard Midnight Mania

Sat Sept 25th Fun Day Testing, Motorcycles, 10.5" & Open Comp

FiFdYnUtZ
08-27-2010, 11:30 AM
the GTP clash day at triskate would be good, thats usually a nice day for racing..

StreetSweeper
08-27-2010, 12:30 PM
I think if you do cordova your car count will where it should be. Lot of people are hating that fucking skating rink of a track tri skate!

Steve-0 Said it best " HWY 30 Hooks better then tri skate!"

snickerlicker
08-27-2010, 03:06 PM
I agree. Tri-skate sucks, won't be any 10 second manual passes at the joke of a track!!

slow ride
08-27-2010, 04:27 PM
What happened to that track? Everyone use to like it so much and with a slight downhill track and staging lanes plus the wind at your back (most of the time) it seems like the perfect track around. Are they just not taking care to prep and what not?

69gt4speed
08-27-2010, 04:39 PM
Not prepped at all for Joe avg. Whatever is left from last big race event. That's what I saw. But ya roll the car down, all that is great.

StreetSweeper
08-27-2010, 04:40 PM
That track is just a tax right off to the owners and bill cassill the manager told us his self. I think part of the problem is there car counts are down because cedar falls has their shit together and all they really care about is there weekand points races. not lighting in the place and they just dont care to spray or prep the track at all. It really is sad because it's a beautiefull place. Thing of it is a track that has been unprepped for so long and just had thousands of cars run down it without any work is worse then the street!

It really needs a new owner that has ambition to make some money and bring some shit to the area!

69gt4speed
08-27-2010, 04:44 PM
How about oct the 9th at cfr and then oct 16th as backup at cfr? I like the 2pm deal
being on 2nd shift. Plenty of time to get packed up etc. So what you guys think? And Scotty if I have the new one how about the girls go down the track? Could be some records set if it's like 65 deg. Like Joe or Casey.

Domestic Disturbance
08-28-2010, 02:19 AM
It really is sad because it's a beautiefull place.

Ya its really cool there.

69gt4speed
08-28-2010, 09:31 AM
So d/d, streetsweeper and guys like c martin you in? Hey won't be a nice trophy but I'll vid on youtube the winner. U got plates u can do it. No 100% race cars and u know really what that is. Truly give the man ppl a chance. We drag our sh-t up there then auto guys should give us a decent head start like wait till the light turns green. Really otherwise it's a done deal.

And no bs., sorry but face it, a auto plated guy has a huge advantage. Manual guys ok need that potential of .5 sec. So auto ppl on green they leave and ok slip says reaction .5 sec or more and be first down the end of track and at end is the winner. Really a good auto can do well too. Less than .5 on slip it is disqualified for the auto. U guys know what that is. What u think? Nothing complicated imo. All that be in force and only outside deals be ok like Summer(stick) vs Anita(auto) and agreed on beforehand That is outside the rules, just she vs she. If any $ thrown down that will be before the run. 20
$ max. Hell I'm damn poor esp w a 2011.

Face it a auto has damn huge advantage. Even a plated car. .5 sec. is reasonable, consider we shift way slower than a auto. I could drag up charts but u guys already know that is the truth. So what u think? I don't want to hear we are same bs cause we are not. Just let a manual guy have a chance. Plated street cars only, w dot approved street tires, and the auto gotta wait till it goes green. So best tire is like a m/t et street or qtp hoosier. I'll run u George as I would of before, u no spray vs me on spray. Winner gets a roadhouse freebe.

So cfr the 9th of oct and the other day at cfr a backup in case it is raining or snow. i'm trying to make it decent, trust me I've been around. You'll see I am 100% on target.

c_mart_28
08-28-2010, 11:52 AM
I may not be in the state at that time but we will just have to see. Have a small family
vacation planned to New York around that time. Also I may need to borrow some drag radials...I Just mounted up some et drags for a tnt at eddyville. Ran a bit better than last time out- 6.64@103. Might've dipped me into the 10.30's..or at least that's what I'm telling myself..

69gt4speed
08-28-2010, 04:35 PM
It should be cooler then and maybe help a bit. Course your setup is really good with the ice cubes. I hope you can make it. I may hopefully have the 2011 there too. I'll figure a prize out. Depends since a auto can do it what rules we come up with. I like mine and in theory that gives a stick if perfect .5 sec head start. Of course like against say Joe or Eddy b , or George b. they'll run us over no matter.

I'd just rather have Joe w his vette and those 2 guys off the spray cause it is no damn fun or sporting to run us over. We want a decent chance for all and I don't know how to do that. A mid 8 sec car or those 2 9 sec f bodies well they are not daily drivers yet I like them. Of course casey you are like way over most too. We need to figure something out penalty like the auto guys or something idk. If Ed or George runs w/o spray then I say heads up for them just like manual guys. Idk how to do this. When early in the yr thought about that but couldn't come up w a plan that evens the field somewhat. A auto never misses a gear and is much quicker shifting. I'd say a stick needs 100 whp more at least. Whatever the deal just want ppl to have a good time. Myself I don't care if I win.

69gt4speed
08-28-2010, 10:43 PM
Anyway we don't have to have a contest only maybe between 2 cars or something as our car times are all over. Maybe cookout? I'll chip in on food while we are there. Open to all suggestions and or dates but yea cfr lot more likely to hook good. Lil bit closer than cordova. Esp for des moines ppl.

slo4cyl
08-29-2010, 03:25 PM
I hope to make it out to this one count me in

OldSkoolRCR
08-29-2010, 03:38 PM
All of you NO HP making fouls can go to TriSkate, U should have no issues...lol Us big kids are cutting 1.2-1.32 60' at CFR and Cordova, Thats a hookin MOFO.

OldSkoolRCR
08-29-2010, 03:40 PM
How about oct the 9th at cfr and then oct 16th as backup at cfr? I like the 2pm deal
being on 2nd shift. Plenty of time to get packed up etc. So what you guys think? And Scotty if I have the new one how about the girls go down the track? Could be some records set if it's like 65 deg. Like Joe or Casey.

All of us are hitting Byron in Oct, records are set there.

69gt4speed
08-29-2010, 03:51 PM
^ I heard u set one yesterday at cfr.... What day u going? We could setup one day and I'll be at cfr and run u off the nitrous as we said before.

OldSkoolRCR
08-29-2010, 04:06 PM
^ I heard u set one yesterday at cfr.... What day u going? We could setup one day and I'll be at cfr and run u off the nitrous as we said before.

Done 4 this year. till Byron

StreetSweeper
08-29-2010, 05:22 PM
Yea im going to Eddyville for the last 10.5 race and then going to hit byron if the car is still in one peace at the end of the year before it comes apart. The car needs the whole tranny and converter rebuilt and needs a new power plant allso. all three are on their way out the door so its basically hoping it holds together for the next to outings cause sighns are visible shit could start getting ugly with the black car if we dont get our ducks in a row!

StreetSweeper
08-29-2010, 05:24 PM
Allso i dont really have to much time off anymore with the Wedding Dj busniess. Trying to get some money saved up for the 2011 Bullet for the black car. but if you guys pick a day that im not busy i will try to make it and atleast watch.

69gt4speed
08-29-2010, 08:09 PM
^ If I have the new car and all is good, drive it down the track I don't care. Hopefully have a x pipe and tune on. Don't know about tires, backspacing and offset lot different than the 03. Oh yea I need a rear sway bar relocation bracket then you can run 15" back tires. Like the jegs or summit stars, etc. And it already has a 31 spline 8.8 so all that is good then.

StreetSweeper
08-29-2010, 09:18 PM
Haha. If the weekand you guys choose is clear and for some reason the black car is out of commision ill take you up on that offer haha!

69gt4speed
08-29-2010, 11:06 PM
Casey can you do oct the 16th, there is also hallowild 23rd oct maybe for backup. Last day track is open. The 16th they have test and tune and ford drags, open comp so u could maybe win some $ and or a trophy. If I remember right what the ford drags had. Only fords in it and they are slow azz cars. Like I said george going down the track in the 2011 be ok w me. I owe you something, even say if you brought the black momba. I'd like it too be tuned up though and shift at hi enough rpms in just auto as it doesn't really have a manual function. Goes for you also Scotty or Scott.

StreetSweeper
08-30-2010, 06:57 AM
If the tranny quits on me the next time out it will not be fixed this year. The motor and tranny and converter will all come out to start on 2011s build.