PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts for future business

Deimos
01-12-2010, 02:29 PM
Check out wrenchrat.com I bet you could make a similar product and make a mint off it if you made a jig. I'm bet you could do it for SBC and SBF alike. Just a thought man.

Fire Hawk
01-25-2010, 08:23 PM
Check out wrenchrat.com I bet you could make a similar product and make a mint off it if you made a jig. I'm bet you could do it for SBC and SBF alike. Just a thought man.

I'm surprised no one has spoke up or replied to this. That kit is very nice and I agree with Jake as a single or twin setup for the SBC in my case would be awesome to see and as many places are asking an arm and a leg for them. If there's a way to undercut the competition and get your name out there you could make a killing even if it was just selling the manifolds and pipes for a reasonable price.

TbTalon94
01-25-2010, 08:58 PM
I'd gladly do that, I just need a SBC and a common platform to build it off of. If anyone would like to bring one down and wants a TT set-up let me know!

Otherwise i'm not able to build one as I don't have a platform.

sparkles
01-26-2010, 08:21 AM
I really wish there was a turbo kit that would fit in a third gen f body that didn't look all hacked together and required a 12 inch tall hood. There's just no room in them.

Deimos
01-26-2010, 07:16 PM
I have both a small block ford and small block chevy you could use man. I would so be down for that as I think others on the board wouldn't mind coughing up the money for something of comprable price. Thanks Micah I figured that was and awesome idea when I saw it in car craft. Their kits don't come with an intercooler which kind of blows but hell guys make a mint on those third gen boards for turbo headers.

Caleb
02-07-2010, 09:01 PM
I would be down for this and consider turbo for my car lol.

TbTalon94
02-08-2010, 07:10 AM
I'd be more then happy to build all of you guys turbo kits. All you have to do is let me know what you'd like.

Deimos
02-08-2010, 06:15 PM
I'm telling you turbo headers equal big bucks. I'm not talking about making one but making a jig to make multiple

TbTalon94
02-08-2010, 07:57 PM
I make a jig for every manifold I build. Like I said if someone would want to bring in a vehicle/motor and wants one built I would jig it and have the ability to produce more. The thing is I just need one person to want an entire kit. That means turbos, wastegates, manifolds, downpipes, etc. etc.

Money is short with all of us, so that's the problem.

Deimos
02-09-2010, 05:25 AM
I would let you use my car but I got a heavily modified car

DustinsDuster
02-09-2010, 11:19 AM
you dont think most people who would be willing to twin turbo their cars would have heavily modified cars?

Deimos
02-09-2010, 04:01 PM
Not cars as butchered as mine remember mine got modified to fit that turbo from fast times so my upper radiator mount is gone

Fire Hawk
02-09-2010, 05:31 PM
Well between caleb and myself we have a 2nd gen and 3rd gen f-body's that could be used. My 2nd gen is in pieces until it gets nice out. I know it's a business and the initial costs are what's the hard part. At least labor wise it is. I could almost guarantee that if a system was built and was proven that there's a lot of people who own 2nd/3rd gens that would buy if it was reasonably priced.

I would say build it, take it to the track and video it running, cruising the streets and post all over the forums showing your work. I like the idea of showing off local work and helping the "small guys" make into the market.

TbTalon94
02-09-2010, 05:52 PM
Like i told Diemos, i'd be completely willing to build the kit, but i cannot front the cost for materials/turbos/wastegate/etc.

I need someone wanting the kit on THEIR car and atleast paying for the materials/accessories.

I'd be willing to give a HEAVY discount on labor for the kit.

Fire Hawk
02-11-2010, 08:18 PM
Well that's where the partnership comes into play with the labor/materials costs along with advertising. I'm still a little ways out with what I'm planning on doing for spending money on a turbo setup as I'm going to get the engine/trans first. Caleb on the other hand has the engine and trans other than the higher compression which can always be addressed afterwards.

Don't count it out yet but what's the general pricing for the turbo(s) intercooler, piping, waste gates/bov, etc... you can pm if you want to talk more about it.