PDA

View Full Version : slo4cyl 2009 footage

slo4cyl
01-11-2010, 08:45 AM
Heres some track footage from my day at tristate, and some random races after that. The stock trans didn't shift into second till the engine speed was below 7k so every 1-2 shift lags really bad, and i couldn't get my tach working so i was goin by ear. Stock suspension with 211k on it and bfg 17" drag radials. enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsl6ErzFHRA

Drifte
01-11-2010, 08:49 AM
enjoyed

FiFdYnUtZ
01-11-2010, 12:27 PM
cool beans

TbTalon94
01-11-2010, 12:27 PM
can't wait for next year!

slo4cyl
01-11-2010, 02:15 PM
Me either it will be a whole different car

slow ride
01-11-2010, 06:37 PM
Stock engine? Runs good for pump gas. Thats mid/high 11's with a 1.6 60' Put some race gas in it and let it eat. Try to stay off the limiter after the 1-2 shift though.

slo4cyl
01-11-2010, 08:29 PM
Stock engine? Runs good for pump gas. Thats mid/high 11's with a 1.6 60' Put some race gas in it and let it eat. Try to stay off the limiter after the 1-2 shift though.

Thanks for the compliments! Engine is not stock, it was 5 years old though. thats what i was figurin for pump gas some where around there. i plan on runnin race gas next season cause ill have a drivetrain to handle it. i don't mean to hit the limiter my tach quit working and i couldn't figure it out in time so i just went by ear.

JacobS
01-11-2010, 10:17 PM
Note: all runs done with ear plugs. No ears were harmed in the making of this video. :biggrin:

haha sweet shit! cant wait for next year!

StreetSweeper
01-11-2010, 11:08 PM
To bad you didnt have a tach, i would have think you would have gotton some 11 second pump gass passes! Oh well theres allways next year

69gt4speed
01-11-2010, 11:25 PM
I could think he'll be in the manual runoff...

Drifte
01-12-2010, 07:19 AM
George I thought the same thing. But so many of us looked over his tach wiring and couldnt find the issue. Hopefully its all ready by april/may and he can get it down the track smoothly. Car has a ton of potential.

Ricky
01-12-2010, 10:41 AM
do you still have the wrx videos? I know there not as impressive but i wouldn't mind getting my hands on them.

Drifte
01-12-2010, 12:21 PM
yea i do, what format you want.

Ricky
01-12-2010, 02:15 PM
any

slo4cyl
01-12-2010, 02:19 PM
I could think he'll be in the manual runoff...

?

To bad you didnt have a tach, i would have think you would have gotton some 11 second pump gass passes! Oh well theres allways next year

Yeah i know, a Tach might have got me there but the suspension and the 1-2 shift were also big killers. I did everything to try and get my tach workin, tried different signals, different power different grounds, and a whole new tach. I'll get it figured out this spring. Next year it won't see much for pump gas after seeing what happened to my pistons, but might start out on "low boost" and see what progress we make :BURNOUT:

69gt4speed
01-12-2010, 02:41 PM
We will have another cr manual runoff complete w trophy. Scott Taylor and I started it so to speak.

Any fuel, tires, suspension, engine mods allowed.
Stock like manual transmissions.. no dogbox or faceplated trannies.
2 time trials to determine lineup of cars, redlight on time trials is acceptable, we go off of low et on slip.
Runoff...Redlight you lose, who gets to finish line first wins. Overall winner gets trophy, pics and video posted here.

Plan cfr for various reasons.. around late summer daytime if possible. This is for plated reg d/d street cars.

Last yrs winner....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCL1FBfuZvQ

FiFdYnUtZ
01-12-2010, 03:02 PM
rob and his manual runoff lol...

StreetSweeper
01-12-2010, 03:23 PM
Rob Ther will be a new trophy for next year right! lol

slo4cyl
01-12-2010, 06:55 PM
rob you can count me in, don't like cfr to much but its ok. let me know when you set a date

TbTalon94
01-12-2010, 07:32 PM
I'm in

69gt4speed
01-12-2010, 10:04 PM

Well us manual slow crappy drivers need a trophy and a better bigger one cause Joe wants to take it home...
I'm sure I'll run your mid 10 fbody at the track but we also do a roll on the streets. You wouldn't want me to claim... I'm a crappy driver/why I lost bs.... :yawinkle: Ask anyone w a manual it isn't a piece of cake to be consistent. We here have seen over a easy .8 sec difference overall from run to run w a manual esp w my pos tire burner.

Yes bigger and better trophy that's a given... You guys deserve something considering a auto is so hard to beat w/o serious race gear. Now I'm not caging my ride why cfr. Tristate well isn't so kind... Plus last yr cfr was a lot better. I was impressed.

StreetSweeper
01-12-2010, 10:46 PM
Yes there is deffinentaly no quesitions about it. CFR has gotten there track in top notch shape within the last year and a half. All of my monster wheelies and fastest ET's to date have taken place on there racing surface! People that havfe allways spun can go to CFR and hook now!

FiFdYnUtZ
01-13-2010, 03:56 PM

Well us manual slow crappy drivers need a trophy and a better bigger one cause Joe wants to take it home...
I'm sure I'll run your mid 10 fbody at the track but we also do a roll on the streets. You wouldn't want me to claim... I'm a crappy driver/why I lost bs.... :yawinkle: Ask anyone w a manual it isn't a piece of cake to be consistent. We here have seen over a easy .8 sec difference overall from run to run w a manual esp w my pos tire burner.

Yes bigger and better trophy that's a given... You guys deserve something considering a auto is so hard to beat w/o serious race gear. Now I'm not caging my ride why cfr. Tristate well isn't so kind... Plus last yr cfr was a lot better. I was impressed.

we will definitely be having some bouts this year street and track :)

slo4cyl
01-14-2010, 02:19 PM
we will definitely be having some bouts this year street and track :)

I'll get in on that to :supz: Maybe CFR is better now, i just remembered i fixed a rear subframe mount before i went to tristate. So that was could bave been most of my problem at CFR

FiFdYnUtZ
01-14-2010, 04:17 PM
your shit better not be tore apart or broke brent! the past few years have been that way!

slo4cyl
01-14-2010, 08:58 PM
your shit better not be tore apart or broke brent! the past few years have been that way!

I'll do my best, it shouldn't be tore apart and i hope it doesnt break.