PDA

View Full Version : 94 Cadillac Deville $1950

Clinical
01-07-2010, 01:01 AM
This is my friend's car.. Just figured I'd try to help him out and post his car here too.

Copied from his CL ad:

I have for sale a 1994 Cadillac Deville. It's in great shape, and runs and drives perfectly. It starts right up in this cold weather we've been having.

It has the extremely reliable 4.9L Cadillac engine. It has tons of features: leather, keyless entry, great heat and A/C, a good stereo, power windows, power trunk release, power locks, power seats (both front), cruise control, digital dash, power mirrors, and more. It has new tires and exhaust. It has 168k miles but runs like new. The bad: the ABS light is on, but the brakes still work great. The drivers window works, but not real well. There are a few barely-noticeable scratches and dings, as with most any car.

More pictures can be provided if you're interested.

I'm asking $1950 (it books at $2045), or a trade.

It's a good running/driving car. It has never failed to get where it needed to go. Just did a CR and back in it with me driving it up(when I bought drifte's car) and it was absolutely flawless going up. Great winter car and overall DD, everything works. Factory sound system sounds pretty good for being from 94. Starts right up and really just runs like its new.

I've driven it on multiple occasions and I love it - it rides ridiculously smooth and is just overall awesome, you'd never know it had 168k on it.. This car easily has a lot of life left.

I
I tried to buy it from him for $500 + my laser but he wouldnt do it :P

For trades he'd need a running/driving car with no major mechanical issues as this is his daily driver. He's mainly interested in something like an F-Body or a GTP - maybe even a civic as long as it isnt a hatchback.

If anyone is interested in the car post here or PM me and I'll make sure he see's it or I'll get you in touch with him.
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll208/Kornelias/Caddy/IMG_0001.jpg
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll208/Kornelias/Caddy/IMG_0005.jpg
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll208/Kornelias/Caddy/IMG_0002.jpg
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll208/Kornelias/Caddy/IMG_0003.jpg
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll208/Kornelias/Caddy/IMG_0006.jpg

85XR7Project
01-07-2010, 05:34 AM
Extremely reliable 4.9? Hardly...

sparkles
01-07-2010, 07:22 AM
x2 I can guarantee you if it hasn't been done already, it needs a new rear main seal.

Drifte
01-07-2010, 09:41 AM
the interior looks ridiculously comfortable.

sLoWnStEaDy
01-07-2010, 10:27 AM
the interior looks ridiculously comfortable.
I've slept in my cadillac a few times. Not so good when you are driving 10~ hours to Minnesota and can barely keep away because it's like sitting in a Lay-Z-Boy. :biggrin:

Clinical
01-07-2010, 10:40 AM
I've seen many 4.9's go past 200k - I haven't heard of them having issues with the rear main seal?
Then again I've never actually researched into them. As far as I know though this one has no issues.

85XR7Project
01-07-2010, 12:20 PM
I have driven tons of those 4.9 Caddys and each and every one had problems. They are all garbage. Cadillacs in general IMO are a labor of love, and if they aren't taken care of correctly (Regular maintenance) they are a pain in the ass.

Clinical
01-07-2010, 02:28 PM
Hah well I don't know then - this one was owned by his dad before him for around 10 years and it gets all its maintenance.

Other than the listed issues, it has nothing wrong with it that I know of. Would trust it to go anywhere in its current shape.

sparkles
01-07-2010, 07:53 PM
That's usually the issue. Regular maintenance. Most people that buy one new think that beings how they just spent twice as much on a new car than the GM equivlent, that they only need maintained half as much for some reason. If it's not leaving it's mark like a Harley, it should be ok (obviously), but I've replaced 3 of these on different people's cars that weren't mine with various mileage. 2 '94 DeVille's and a 93 Seville. Just saying. I'm probably full of BS just like everything else though.

96-eclipse-gst
01-08-2010, 12:14 PM
I have driven tons of those 4.9 Caddys and each and every one had problems. They are all garbage. Cadillacs in general IMO are a labor of love, and if they aren't taken care of correctly (Regular maintenance) they are a pain in the ass.

One...regular maintenance, what car doesnt like regular maintenance.
Two...My family has owned quite a few gm's that have almost 200k or some over just by doing oil changes and the typical brakes, belts, filters, etc. Nothing out of the ordinary. If you beat the shit out of a car of course it wont last. Thats every manufacturer not GM's. So why jump in someone's for sale ad to bust his balls.

Clinical
01-08-2010, 02:54 PM
heh its no big deal - I'm just trying to help a buddy out - no biggy if it doesn't sell.
In fact in the current scenario he's said he probably shouldn't sell it right now since he's looking for something in the way of an f-body and it's a great winter car as it sits.