Luminatorz34
01-04-2010, 01:39 PM
like title says i should get into body repair...wifes car...ouch

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii44/Stevecz28/022.jpg
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii44/Stevecz28/023.jpg
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii44/Stevecz28/024.jpg

Mufflover
01-04-2010, 01:45 PM
That doesnt sound to bad man, new front spoiler, paint, labor etc..

Ricky
01-04-2010, 01:46 PM
i feel like you should be able to find a front bumper pretty cheep from the same color car.... those cars are everywhere.

Luminatorz34
01-04-2010, 01:47 PM
well yeah i can find parts cheap as shit...but thats just what 1 body shop quoted me....good ole insurance claim is being pushed...of course ill do the work myself too

sparkles
01-04-2010, 01:56 PM
I JUST bought a new front for my wife's G6 for $97 at The Body Parts Store. They were running a "special" on them or something he told me. The "certified" one was $157. I thought that was pretty damn decent for a completely new bumper the size that it is. Last time I had to get one for one of my TAs, the only place in the state that had them was Wheeler's up in Waterloo I believe. They treated me decent and prices were reasonable (about $200). With my experiences, I'd get a new one if the price isn't too much more. The sanding of all the different surfaces and getting it even is a PITA compared to buying one that's already primed and ready for sealer and paint. Just put plenty of flex additive in your clear.

Luminatorz34
01-04-2010, 01:59 PM
well the thing is i found a complete front clip minus headlights (which i dont need anyways) which includes front bumper, foglights, all plastic pieces under the bumper everything for 175, and its even silver. came off a rear ended car just need the insurance adjuster to come out and decide on what their gonna do

sparkles
01-04-2010, 02:02 PM
That'd be a sweet deal then. I think if I had the extra coin, I'd buy that anyway while the insurance is figuring out what to do. So long as you're sure you can get the money for it eventually and provided you aren't forking out a deductable anyway.

sLoWnStEaDy
01-04-2010, 02:13 PM
chances are your deductable is probably like $500 anyways right?

cheaper to just buy that clip and fix it yourself then pay your deductable and then have your insurance go up.

Luminatorz34
01-04-2010, 02:25 PM
yes i have a 500 dollar deduc...i have all state. so they do it a bit different..if say the check they cut is for 1300 minus my 500 deduc which leaves me 800, its less than 1000 dollars to them. anything less than 1000 isnt gonna hurt my insurance, or even go on my record of this being an incident. obviously itll be in their records for what i had replaced. but thats it, doesnt hurt my rates, or coverage at all

sLoWnStEaDy
01-04-2010, 03:03 PM
yes i have a 500 dollar deduc...i have all state. so they do it a bit different..if say the check they cut is for 1300 minus my 500 deduc which leaves me 800, its less than 1000 dollars to them. anything less than 1000 isnt gonna hurt my insurance, or even go on my record of this being an incident. obviously itll be in their records for what i had replaced. but thats it, doesnt hurt my rates, or coverage at all

hhhmmmm.... I was with State Farm for over 7 years and had ONE claim in which I wasn't even the driver. Rates went up and I had to fork $500 over to McGrath Collisions then they just paid the remaining $600~ after the work was done. I dropped then after Gary Shubatt (sp?) decided it to tell me "I should evaluate wether or not I need all the cars I keep buying" and that I should "re-evaluate my priorities" guy is an asshole and I would recomend EVERYONE stay away from the guy!

Good luck with whatever happens, seems like atleast "You're in good hands" LOL... get it...? cuz that's their slogan, and I said it and it was funny and.... :butthead:

Luminatorz34
01-04-2010, 03:13 PM
LOl i truly am in good hands. lmao...i was a state farm user when i first started driving. was paying something like 120/mo for liability only on my lumina z34...was with them a year before i started buying/trading cars and i got the same thing from state farm, stating that i need to make certain that any car i insure that i planned on keeping for atleast 6 months at a time...got fed up. went to all state, and became a priority member for being with their competition, so they gave me some rate cuts (or so they say) i ened up paying 50/mo liability on the same lumina...been in good hands ever since. never had a claim in all my driving years until now. but still wont hurt my record, so its win win either way i look at it

Clinical
01-04-2010, 09:19 PM

hhhmmmm.... I was with State Farm for over 7 years and had ONE claim in which I wasn't even the driver. Rates went up and I had to fork $500 over to McGrath Collisions then they just paid the remaining $600~ after the work was done. I dropped then after Gary Shubatt (sp?) decided it to tell me "I should evaluate wether or not I need all the cars I keep buying" and that I should "re-evaluate my priorities" guy is an asshole and I would recomend EVERYONE stay away from the guy!

Good luck with whatever happens, seems like atleast "You're in good hands" LOL... get it...? cuz that's their slogan, and I said it and it was funny and.... :butthead:

I'm with state farm and have been pretty lucky.

Never raised my rate for an incident that I wasn't at fault at - but I also had no real claim with them.

And my rate never has gone up from my 90 in a 40 ticket last January

allgo
01-04-2010, 09:43 PM
dude if you got a ticket for 90 in a 40 that is a automatic lost of your driving privlige...25 over the limit is the law,

sLoWnStEaDy
01-04-2010, 09:51 PM
dude if you got a ticket for 90 in a 40 that is a automatic lost of your driving privlige...25 over the limit is the law,

Alicia got a ticket for doing like 92 in a 25 and didn't lose her license...

Sledge_WS6
01-04-2010, 11:33 PM
I bet you can find a silver Grand Am that was wrecked VIA rear impact for a lot less than that bill! I mean, buying a bumper off one of those bad boys can't be more than $500.

Clinical
01-04-2010, 11:44 PM

Yep got a letter in the mail saying I was losing it for a year.

I sent in a letter of appeal, not expecting it to do anything, simply stating I needed to keep my license for this and that reason (college/min wage job/ etc etc) and they ended up having me take a driver improvement course.

Now I'm on probation for a year where I'll lose my license if I get a ticket. That's why I pretty much drive like a grandma anymore. If me and friends go anywhere I usually just try to hitch a ride to avoid driving a long distance.

Mufflover
01-05-2010, 08:04 AM
90 in a 40 wow you really are a fucking dipshit.

sLoWnStEaDy
01-05-2010, 08:07 AM
well the thing is i found a complete front clip minus headlights (which i dont need anyways) which includes front bumper, foglights, all plastic pieces under the bumper everything for 175, and its even silver. came off a rear ended car just need the insurance adjuster to come out and decide on what their gonna do

:bigthumb:

I bet you can find a silver Grand Am that was wrecked VIA rear impact for a lot less than that bill! I mean, buying a bumper off one of those bad boys can't be more than $500.

Clinical
01-05-2010, 10:26 AM
90 in a 40 wow you really are a fucking dipshit.
lol Muff, you realize quite a few people here have had WAY worse tickets than that?

You've got a lot of people to go call a dipshit by your logic :)

Then again maybe it's just cause 90mph seems really fast to you, you've probably only ever been up to around 15 mph on your bike before. Shits extreme

FiFdYnUtZ
01-05-2010, 11:56 AM
you do NOT want to be a body man, they dont make much money and the work sucks...there is a lot more to body work that makes it cost so much that people dont understand until they have done it...i have seen a pint of paint cost $150 just for the basecoat alone on a factory color..

sLoWnStEaDy
01-05-2010, 12:11 PM
you do NOT want to be a body man, they dont make much money and the work sucks...

X2, did it for about 7-8 months and said F*CK that! I like doing my own body work and everything, doing it for 12~ hours a day 5-6 days a week just sucked all of the fun out of it. Same thing when i was a mechanic for a little over a year, by the time I got home I was so sick of looking at cars I didn't touch any of mine the entire time I worked at AAMCO.